Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission (663 Views)

Another Nigerian Killed In Philippines Drug Sting / Jeffrey Apkovweta Ewohime Destroyed Cars At Nigerian High Commission London / Obituary: Burial Of Israel Babatunde Ogunsola Nigerian Killed In London Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by OmoEpe(m): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
The Nigerian High Commission to Ghana has denied reports regarding the purported killing of some Nigerians in Ghana.

The high commission in a statement on Monday said although there were xenophobic attacks targeted at some Nigerians in Ghana, no one was killed.

It said on August 18, 2017, Nigerian nationals living around Sowutoun area in the Ga Municipality of the Greater Accra Region, Ghana, were allegedly targeted for attacks.

The foreign mission said the attack was in retaliation to the stabbing to death of a 27-year-old Ghanaian, Mr.Misbau Amadu, by 48-year-old Thompson Peters, a Nigerian national from Delta state in his residence around 11pm on August 17, 2017.

The statement added that the Deputy Accra Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector Kwabena Danso, revealed that the Nigerian, Mr. Peters, had on August 10, 2017, lodged a complaint at the Police Station at Lapas Area of Accra that Mr. Amadu broke into his apartment and stole some items.

It added that while investigation on the claim was ongoing, Peters again on August 17, 2017, called the police to report that Mr. Amadu went to his (Peter’s) house around 9am armed with a knife and attacked him for reporting the case to the police.

The statement read in part, “In the course of the fight that ensued, Mr. Peters claimed he overpowered Amadu and stabbed him in his head in self-defence. The victim was rushed to the Mary Lucy Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival by doctors. As a result, Mr. Peters was accordingly arrested by the police for investigations.

“Consequently, in the early hours of the next day, Friday, August 18, 2017, news quickly filtered out to Ghanaian residents of the area that a Nigerian had killed a Ghanaian following a misunderstanding over a girlfriend.

“Ghanaians therefore mobilised against the Nigerians in the area and carried out attacks against them and their properties. The Accra Regional Police reportedly intervened and brought the situation under control.

“Before it was curbed, some Nigerians had reportedly sustained injuries and their properties, including vehicles, damaged. There was, however, no confirmation of the death of any Nigerian as a result of the incident as alleged. Some Nigerians have reportedly moved out of the area for fear of further attacks on them.”

The high commission said the suspect is currently in protective custody at the Odokor Police Station while some Nigerian diplomats would be meeting with the police and the suspect later
Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by purem(m): 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
FTC...

Buh so unfortunate dat adon't av somtin to say
Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by leathalbeast: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
hey mynd44 , seun and lalasticlala, after pushing a fake story to front page just to tarnish Ghana's image, don't you guys think you owe it to yourselves to do the right thing now?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by iamord(m): 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by makydebbie(f): 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
It was a Nigerian that posted it. No one did investigations. They just jumped and started spewing nonsense about Ghanaians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by leathalbeast: 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
makydebbie:
It was a Nigerian that posted it. No one did investigations. They just jumped and started spewing nonsense about Ghanaians.
hmm, even when you and I kept telling them that it wasn't true they kept insulting us but well I'm not surprised. guess what? they are Nigerians. that's who they are.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by makydebbie(f): 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
leathalbeast:
hmm, even when you and I kept telling them that it wasn't true they kept insulting us but well I'm not surprised. guess what? they are Nigerians. that's who they are.
Very gullible people but they won't agree. lipsrsealed
Lemme see the person that'll quote me and tell me nonsense now. smiley

3 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by leathalbeast: 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
makydebbie:
Very gullible people but they won't agree. lipsrsealed
Lemme see the person that'll quote me and tell me nonsense now. smiley
lol, they can't try with you. you are the face of Ghana on nairaland you know.
Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by maysimsimple(m): 12:04am On Aug 22, 2017
Pls enough.... Nobody n no one is gullible. Its nit true called my mum in Accra today to confirm it... We're brothers n sisters....

ote author=leathalbeast post=59702529] hmm, even when you and I kept telling them that it wasn't true they kept insulting us but well I'm not surprised. guess what? they are Nigerians. that's who they are. [/quote]
Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by leathalbeast: 12:09am On Aug 22, 2017
maysimsimple:
Pls enough.... Nobody n no one is gullible. Its nit true called my mum in Accra today to confirm it... We're brothers n sisters....

ote author=leathalbeast post=59702529] hmm, even when you and I kept telling them that it wasn't true they kept insulting us but well I'm not surprised. guess what? they are Nigerians. that's who they are.
then tell the mods to take it to front page because some fake bloggers are continually posting this same news on this website and people are annoying me because of the sh1t they are saying.
Re: No Nigerian Killed In Ghana, Says High Commission by makydebbie(f): 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
leathalbeast:
lol, they can't try with you. you are the face of Ghana on nairaland you know.
Hahaha. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photos Of Four People Who Died In The Imo Gas Explosion (photos) / 10 Cities With The Most Yahoo Boys In Nigeria / Man Allegedly Stabbed And Raped By Girlfriend And School Does Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.