Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,741 members, 7,965,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 09:07 PM

Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' (35608 Views)

Open Letter To IPOB By Charles Ogbu / PMB: You Can’t Decide For North, ACF Tells Northern Elders Forum / Charles Ogbu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners [MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by TheEminentLaity: 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
Isn't the answer to the question I asked undecided
noscarn91:

Do you think you are intelligent ?
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by maduxs: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
The president will soon die before this year elapse. No need to worry ourselves cause the man I saw as president is half dead.he will soon go and join ojukwu to finish their discussion.

1 Like

Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Richy4(m): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
He was simply reading what was written for him.. .it was not 100% @ fault
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
TheLawTheLegal:

Your bias wouldn't let you know that you have already contradicted yourself.
My dear people of God
and
My dear citizens
have totally different meanings.
my dear people of God acknowledges that the people belong to God while my dear citizens means that the masses belong to Mr president.
Have you heard any president address their citizens as my dear citizens, instead of my fellow citizens?

You dey mind those kidsgrin

They're like the proverbial fly that followed the corpse to the grave
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
Wise counsel! The words might be bitter indeed but certainly wise to take heed to them before the morning comes!
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
DonBenny77:

Nigeria isn't his family. You don't use dear in a formal letter(speech)

It's simple English language

Out of hatred you decided to show the world why you keep failing English language.... You have dictionary but never make reference to it when needed. You have smart phone but cant make profitable use of it.

So in your myopic brain, you think ''dear'' is informal? No wonder you are still jobless because people like you write letters to your prospective employers without addressing them formally.

Ewu biafra....smh 4 u
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Pecca: 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
Kennyprince:
You also seem to ve issues with English language. When u call somebody my dear citizens, what's new there? Are Nigerians not citizens of this country?

In the church , pastors address followers as my dear people of God.....does it mean they personalise the people?

Hmmmm
What kind of school did you attend?
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by samisj4real(m): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
intruxive:
angry my "dear ogbu" abi na ugu, if u r offended by the presidents speach, pls kindly note that, that is the intended purpose of the speech.... to offend enemies of the nation and to remind lovers of peace and unity that the president holds them "dear" to his heart and does not just see them as mere "fellow" citizens but loving brothers in the same country.
Ever since the speech, tbe enemies of peace have been vibrating like earth worms who encounter salt, kindly know that your torment has just began as the army have been briefed to quickly put an end to the dance of shame u are putting up in the eastern part of nigeria. Pls reserve your english as you will still lament some more. Thanks for your co operation. Yours intruxive
4 your mind now, these u write up carry sense 4low body?
4rm this day onward may sense never be far 4rm u IJN... #Big Fool
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by ZeroUnity: 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
A man with Gut... God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by TheLawTheLegal: 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
couragemurphy:

Maybe you can also check the meaning / usage of "dear" before you continue in your inexplicable hatred and ineptitude......

You are just irredeemable. You are obviously biased and it has indeed blocked you from learning.

If he had said 'my dear fellow citizens', it would have been acceptable.
'My dear citizens' means that he has excluded himself as a citizen of Nigeria, he has created a god-like status for himself, a higher being than other people.

Next time don't show me the meaning of dear if you can't understand a simple thing.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by samisj4real(m): 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
couragemurphy:

Out of hatred you decided to show the world why you keep failing English language.... You have dictionary but never make reference to it when needed. You have smart phone but cant make profitable use of it.

So in your myopic brain, you think ''dear'' is informal? No winder you are still jobless because people like you write letters to your prospective employers without addressing them formally.

Ewu biafra....smh 4 u
And mr. English where are you Winder-ING to?

&

i hope u av bin endorsed by OXFORD.... ITK is making u jobless aswell..
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Mujtahida: 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
TheLawTheLegal:

My dear people of God
and
My dear citizens
my dear people of God acknowledges that the people belong to God while my dear citizens means that the masses belong to Mr president.
Have you heard any president address their citizens as my dear citizens, instead of my fellow citizens?
It's just useless hairsplitting to harp on this point. If the writer and you had objected to the use of the possessive pronoun 'my' it would have passed but to stick your rattles on the fact that he addressed citizens with 'dear' instead of 'fellow' is just too crass. 'Dear' is a term of endearment, it connotes a level of intimacy, 'fellow' is casual and distant. If Buhari who is reputed to have an authoritarian and starched up character uses terms of endearment I don't think that should be a problem except to those who just want to be nitpickers.

That particular plank in op's write up is just too infantile abeg. One can say other things just as he did but his first paragraph is pure hogwash.

1 Like

Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by TheLawTheLegal: 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
Gbemishile1:

keep measuring his english level while he keeps presiding over you.no matter how much you hate him,he still remains your president.when you go to any part of the world,and they ask you who your president of your country is,you will definitely mention his name.
if you really waant a literate to rule you,please go and start from your local government,cus am very sure it is an ssce holder that is ruling your llocal government today.ssce is the minimum level of education a local govt holder should have,so please go to your local govt and oust them first before you get to the president

You shouldn't assume that because a person with NEPA certificate is ruling Nigeria and your local gov't, all other local gov't areas should be ruled by brainless people.

I am from Nsukka local gov't area of Enugu state. A professor of PALG is my local gov't chairperson.

Don't showcase your ignorance next time.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by intruxive(m): 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2017
samisj4real:
4 your mind now, these u write up carry sense 4low body?
4rm this day onward may sense never be far 4rm u IJN... #Big Fool
Worm on salt, shift.
Baba will solve ur collective problems #buratai
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by seyisolu(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2017
Kennyprince:
You also seem to ve issues with English language. When u call somebody my dear citizens, what's new there? Are Nigerians not citizens of this country?

In the church , pastors address followers as my dear people of God.....does it mean they personalise the people?

Hmmmm
He should have said, my dear fellow citizens or my dear citizens of nigeria and not my dear citizens,because we are not his citizens, we are nigeria's citizens, not buhari's citizens.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by chaerman: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
Another jibberish
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Mujtahida: 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Too much bile from the writer. Hard to read with too many 'I am your employer, I pay your salary ... undecided ' how much be the guy tax sef? Anyway, this should be easy for DSS grin
Just the same impression I had. Too much bitterness. Everything he wrote- save the dear/fellow issue which I feel is needless- are worthy talking points but his bitterness brims to the surface and muddies things.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
samisj4real:
And mr. English where are you Winder-ING to?

&

i hope u av bin endorsed by OXFORD.... ITK is making u jobless aswell..

Quite difficult for 'failures' to take corrections. Continue , no wonder (winder) you preferred to add "ing" to a typo error of "i" 4 "o" in "wonder" instead of........
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Mujtahida: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
egokudiowomoney:
The last application letter i wrote,i used 'Dear Sir/Ma'
Don't mind him. If he cannot get it that by that word 'dear' Buhari was trying to get an informal, relational contact with Nigerians then he must love cold formality more than any other thing.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Mozegee: 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
Thank u so much mr charles for saying the truth,everything u just wrote is nothing but the truth.Sometime i jsut asked if this our so called president will ever learn from his mistakes.Must u continue to gv threat to pple u are meant to serve diligently.Use ur health to ask ur self a question,the lives of innocent citizens ur service chiefs are killing is what is hunting u.Change from ur ways mr president and u will see God goodness in ur life.i never knew were we went wrong by voting u as our president.Stop killing an unarmed biafrans,because one day u will also die and the problem of this country will still be there.

1 Like

Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
Kennyprince:

Hmmmm

Does my dear people equals my dear people of God to you ?

So you lack the capacity to see the glaring difference between "my dear citizens" and " my dear fellow citizens ?
You it is who suffers exactly from what you accused the Op of.

My dear citizens means that he sees Nigerians as his personal serfs while my dear fellow citizens indicates that he acknowledges nigerians as fellow nigerians.
The former address smacks of arrogance while the latter displays humility.

No for head of this country ever addressed nigerians the way Buhari did in that address.

1 Like

Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by psp2pc(m): 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
maduxs:
The president will soon die before this year elapse. No need to worry ourselves cause the man I saw as president is half dead.he will soon go and join ojukwu to finish their discussion.

I hope your family won't be surprised if you die before him.. mofos
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by gidjah(m): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
Mehnnnnnn!,this guy's write up is epic,it would make of a best seller any day any time.Not come asross a write up so concise with deep lettered words filled with sincere hearth felt troubles of our times ,God bless u uncle Charles
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by psp2pc(m): 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2017
if it was kanu that said 'my dear biafrans' , these children of hate would have praised him to the high heavens.
of all the problems plaguing this country it is whether the president used My dear citizens or My fellow citizens that we should be battling about.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Mujtahida: 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Does my dear people equals my dear people of God to you ?

So you lack the capacity to see the glaring difference between "my dear citizens" and " my dear fellow citizens ?
You it is who suffers exactly from what you accused the Op of.

My dear citizens means that he sees Nigerians as his personal serfs while my dear fellow citizens indicates that he acknowledges nigerians as fellow nigerians.
The former address smacks of arrogance while the latter displays humility.

No for head of this country ever addressed nigerians the way Buhari did in that address.
Do you know that the standard opening lines to most coup d'etat speeches in our political history was 'Fellow Nigerians... '? Did it change how the military treated Nigerians throughout our long history of military dictatorship? Abeggi
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by Raddie(m): 9:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
TheLawTheLegal:

My dear people of God
and
My dear citizens
And your understanding of English doesn't make you sound biased?
Aiit, try replacing the 'dear's with 'fellow' in the context of people of God and citizens.

Just so you know God won't be if you didn't choose him and so is pressi, different spiritual realms anyway - you might not have chosen him so does other religions towards God.

And please don't give me that crap about him choosing you. #Blackroots

I'm sorry in advance if I don't metion you again.
A type search with the words "my dear citezens" should help.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by TheEminentLaity: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
Exactly, missed opportunity to get his points across and become quite popular. All he earned himself now is a spot on the DSS watchlist and a firing from his employer grin cheesy
Mujtahida:

Just the same impression I had. Too much bitterness. Everything he wrote- save the dear/fellow issue which I feel is needless- are worthy talking points but his bitterness brims to the surface and muddies things.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by maduxs: 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2017
psp2pc:

I hope your family won't be surprised if you die before him.. mofos
we all will die one day its just a matter of time but buhari time is so near that its written all over him.one of his leg is the spirit world now and there is nothing you can do about it.
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by bidez(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
And so Bleep what??
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by bidez(m): 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
So fucking what?¿??
Re: Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' by ericuzor(m): 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
TheLawTheLegal:

My dear people of God
and
My dear citizens
the right word should be my fellow citizens

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu Lands In Osun, Accompanied By Sen Ajibola Bashir (Picture) / 2023: Tinubu/Shettima-NAIRAXI Transit Card Opens Portal, Commence Registration / Man Indicted In US For Drug Deal Elected Senator In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.