Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,953 members, 7,873,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:17 AM

Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead (522 Views)

Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim / Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. / Deeds That Meet The "Dead Muslims" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by madjnr: 3:42am On Aug 22, 2017
my fellow Muslim community... my father died a couple of years back... but a piece of land belonging to him was not shared... cos we the children all wanted to grow up and develop it...but things have changed now...and my elder siblings want it sold and shared ...but my grandmother is dead.. though she died after her mom....my question is does the dead get a share of my dad's property...since she's now dead....we can't give a dead person..
Re: Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by iamgenius(m): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2017
madjnr:
my fellow Muslim community... my father died a couple of years back... but a piece of land belonging to him was not shared... cos we the children all wanted to grow up and develop it...but things have changed now...and my elder siblings want it sold and shared ...but my grandmother is dead.. though she died after her mom....my question is does the dead get a share of my dad's property...since she's now dead....we can't give a dead person..
Bismillah, if your gramdma died first, she is not entitled to any share of your father's legacy. But, if your father died first, she must be given a share of your father's legacy. Allahu A'lam.
Re: Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by madjnr: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2017
iamgenius:
Bismillah, if your gramdma died first, she is not entitled to any share of your father's legacy. But, if your father died first, she must be given a share of your father's legacy. Allahu A'lam.
but she's no more alive now....she died after my dad's dead....
Re: Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by iamgenius(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
madjnr:
but she's no more alive now....she died after my dad's dead....
You still have to give her her share of your dad's property. because it's her property which u didn't give her b4 she die. Then add it to her own legacy(her own property), and share it too to those who can inherit her. Allahu A'lam.
Re: Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by madjnr: 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
iamgenius:
You still have to give her her share of your dad's property. because it's her property which u didn't give her b4 she die. Then add it to her own legacy(her own property), and share it too to those who can inherit her. Allahu A'lam.
is there a place in the Qur'an or Hadith that says even the dead gets a share of the property

1 Like

Re: Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by madjnr: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2017
now that she's dead .. we can't wake her and give her.. what does the Hadith says about that?
Re: Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by iamgenius(m): 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
madjnr:
is there a place in the Qur'an or Hadith that says even the dead gets a share of the property
It's not d dead. Is she entitled to a share of ur dad's property when she was alive? The answer is YES. So, u guys owed her his share. For example; you owed someone a sum of money, then d person dies. You must return the money to d family of d dead u owed, then his(the dead person) family add d money u owed him to his property. The family(those who can inherit) of d dead then share his property. Allahu A'lam
Re: Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by madjnr: 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
iamgenius:
It's not d dead. Is she entitled to a share of ur dad's property when she was alive? The answer is YES. So, u guys owed her his share. For example; you owed someone a sum of money, then d person dies. You must return the money to d family of d dead u owed, then his(the dead person) family add d money u owed him to his property. The family(those who can inherit) of d dead then share his property. Allahu A'lam

okay that sounds good
Re: Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead by iamgenius(m): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
Bro Abdelkabir am I right?

(1) (Reply)

How Can We Succeed?! / Mu'tazila: Use Of Rationality In Islamic Theology / Sect Firoq Hizbiy Egbe Are Practicing Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.