Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing (5444 Views)

2023 Access Art X: Julius Agbaje, Asmaa Jama Emerge Winners Of The Art X Price / Rediscovering The Art Of Anambra Born Legend Ben Enwonwu / Learn D Art Of Digital Photography, Video Editing, & Graphics Design(Bonus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by kingDien: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Rock balancing is a rear and beautiful form of art. It is just a beauty to behold a pile of rocks just balancing on each other. Sometimes you keep wondering what holds each stone on the other, why are they not falling apart. Even after years after balancing, these stones remain on each other. I’m not talking about stones balanced on each other by nature, I’m talking about those balanced by humans. Some of this art are unbelievable.

I first encountered this art from a friend and a talented artist, Darlington Wosa. When I asked him how it is possible to balance one stone on another, he gave a brief explanation, and his explanation triggered this article.
Michael Grab was quoted in an article on twisted sifter, “The most fundamental element of balancing in a physical sense is finding some kind of ‘tripod’ (a three legged stand) based on its centre of gravity for the rock to stand on. Every rock is covered in a variety of tiny to large indentations that can act as a tripod for the rock to stand upright, or in most orientations you can think of with other rocks. By paying close attention to the feeling of the rocks, you will start to feel even the smallest clicks as the notches of the rocks in contact are moving over one another.
Parallel to the physical element of finding tripods, the most fundamental non-physical element is harder to explain through words. In a nutshell, I am referring to meditation, or finding a zero point or silence within yourself. Some balances can apply significant pressure on your mind and your patience. The challenge is overcoming any doubt that may arise.”

Here are some lessons I got from studying this beautiful and rear art

What is your centre of gravity?
Have you experienced something so magical that your only explanation was “this can only be God”? That is what your centre of gravity does for you. We all need that one supernatural being we believe so much in. Your entire world should revolve around your centre of gravity. My Gravity is God, my world revolves around him. I tap my inner strength from him.

Balance your life around a Tripod
Have you seen the movie “the best man holiday”? The footballer, Lance Sullivan was asked what the 3 most important things in his life were. “God, Family, Career” was his answer. And based on the movie, his life really revolved around these three things.
For you to stand firm and grow in life, you have to decide few things, at most three to four things that are most important to you. If everything is important to you, you just find yourself everywhere doing everything, you don’t live an efficient life. Just like the rock rests on a tripod, and not on every indentation it has, you can’t have everything life has to offer, chose what’s most important. It is important that your tripod should revolve around your centre of gravity. My tripod are family, community, career and I relate with all three with respect to God’s will.
Finding inner peace is necessary in achieving amazing feats
Michael Grab talked about the non-physical component in rock balancing as finding a zero point or silence within yourself (inner peace). Most people go through life without inner peace. They are at war with everybody because they are at war with themselves. You need that inner peace to come up with grand ideas and harness those great potentials that lies within you.

Patience is key in life
When you look at these stones balancing on each other, you see patience at work. Do you realise how tough it is to learn rock balancing? You have to be patient to scale through. You need patience to make a rock stand on another.
In life, in your career and relationships, you need patience. You can’t quite when things get tough and expect victory. Every achievements comes with its own challenges, you have to be patient and hopeful enough to scale through those tough times.
Now its up to you to:
Decide your centre of gravity
Outline your tripod
Find inner peace and
Build your patience.

Thanks for reading. you can find more inspiring articles on www.kingdien.com

7 Likes

Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by lovelove2323: 6:57am On Aug 24, 2017
FTC PROGRESS GR8 DAYS AHEAD

nice op Patience is key in life

2 Likes

Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by ifeoluwasegun(m): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2017
Nice art

1 Like

Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 24, 2017
[s][/s] nice write up
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by wildchild02: 6:59am On Aug 24, 2017
This is beautiful

1 Like

Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by sKeetz(m): 6:59am On Aug 24, 2017
Please Like this pic of Lieutenant colonel Oscar ibibibo for no reason.

A great patriot and hero of our time.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by DrIkB: 6:59am On Aug 24, 2017
Great work
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 24, 2017
Patience is a Virtue.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by Localamos(m): 7:00am On Aug 24, 2017
Very nice and inspiring. Patience is the commodity which I need to acquire from this lesson.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by Rihamz(m): 7:01am On Aug 24, 2017
lovelove2323:
FTC PROGRESS GR8 DAYS AHEAD
nice op Patience is key in life
when you are patient every other thing in your life becomes a bonus

1 Like

Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by leksmedia: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2017
Creativity. Looks beautiful.
For your website design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by DickDastardLION(m): 7:07am On Aug 24, 2017
cheesy grin cheesy
Nigerians surely need this to get through Buhari's dark and hopeless days ... very timely. Extreme patience indeed.

1 Like

Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by NigeriaJokesUWO: 7:10am On Aug 24, 2017
smiley
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by jordyspices: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2017
Patience is key
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by slayking(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2017
Balance up everything.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by ALAYORMII: 8:06am On Aug 24, 2017
Good one
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by nowpresence(f): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2017
beautiful article. well written. I am inspired. thanks op.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by Noblefreeman(m): 8:08am On Aug 24, 2017
lovely pieces.God,family and being at peace with people do it for me.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by kingDien: 8:38am On Aug 24, 2017
Noblefreeman:
lovely pieces.God,family and being at peace with people do it for me.
Thanks Noblefreeman.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by kingDien: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2017
Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments, comments like these are my own inspirations.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by Jayroland: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2017
Nice article. Sounds mythical and unreal though. Especially with the inner peace stuff. Reminds me of Kungfu Panda
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by onkachi(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2017
time and chance happens to us all
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by kingDien: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2017
Jayroland:
Nice article. Sounds mythical and unreal though. Especially with the inner peace stuff. Reminds me of Kungfu Panda

LOL, true. Inner piece sounds like film trick. But inner peace is real. All those spiritual things they do in movies to get inner peace is real. Steve Jobs went to India for spiritual cleansing and inner peace, even advice Mark the FB guy to do thesame because inner peace is neccesary to unlock your true self and potentials. My spiritual exercises for inner peace are done on my knees, praying to God. Some real mythical matters like you said.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by HMZi: 9:30am On Aug 24, 2017
INSPIRED...balance is key...
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by fk001(m): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2017
sKeetz:

stale joke not funny anymore
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by sKeetz(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2017
fk001:

stale joke not funny anymore

I didn't ask you to laugh, I said like sad
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by jojothaiv(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
Better days ahead!
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by twilliamx(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
So. Shey make we fry stones.
Re: Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing by tk4rd: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
sKeetz:

I used to see photos of this combatant rodent.. I never knew his name was Oscar Ibibibo grin grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

My Latest Interior Render With Blender, Pls Rate. / Affordable Monogramming & Embroidery jobs / Refrigerator 3D Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.