Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:48 PM

What's the Point Professor Oloyede? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's the Point Professor Oloyede? (832 Views)

Oloyede Opposes Reduction Of JAMB Fees / Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m / UTME Not For Admission, But For Ranking - Oloyede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's the Point Professor Oloyede? by Hardeysolution(m): 5:15am On Aug 23, 2017
A letter to JAMB

With due respect professor Oloyede and all stakeholders In the education sector, I stand to challenge this year's admission policy as it is not in anyway good for our education system.

I really don't know the idea behind the pegged cut off mark but it's really a shock to many Nigerians. We find it uncalled for to make 30% the benchmark. Nigeria's education is yet to be standard yet we are bringing in unstandardized policy to destroy the education system.

Federal polytechnics find it difficult to admit all 180 scorers, do you think making it 100 will make a difference? I understand the fact that institutions might raise the cut off marks to their standard but the message the cut off is sending is simply that Nigeria's education is below standard but Universities can choose to adopt whatever standard.

I speak on behalf of everyone who wants the best for Nigeria. We hope that a review will be done and next year wouldn't be a shock when 50 might be the benchmark.

Thanks.
Anonymous

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's the Point Professor Oloyede? by LordIsaac(m): 5:54am On Aug 23, 2017
Of what use is Jamb? What happened to " not dualising entrance exams in line with international best practices," as posited by Mallam Adamu Adamu?
Re: What's the Point Professor Oloyede? by Hardeysolution(m): 4:39am On Aug 24, 2017
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Revealed They Real Cut-off Mark, See Post-utme Date / Jamb Score Is Out,i Need Advise / Certified Human Resources Management Training, Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.