Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,548 members, 7,921,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:35 PM

South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution (1521 Views)

Nigerian Senators Meet With Ahmed Musa After World Cup Match In Russia. Photos / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators (Video, Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators & Ex Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by dre11(m): 7:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
Leke Baiyewu, Abuja

The South East Caucus in the Senate has met with the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu , members of the secession group over what it termed as the rising tension in the country.

Chairman of the Caucus, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (Abia - South ), in a statement on Wednesday, said the meeting was held in his Ohuru, Obingwa country home in Abia State on Tuesday .

The statement quoted Abaribe as telling journalists after the meeting that IPOB and other agitators in the country should let their actions conform with Nigeria ’ s laws and avoid any form of violence and abuse the rights of other Nigerians.

The lawmaker said while the consensus was to have unity and a peaceful Nigeria where equity and fairness were entrenched and no group or region is treated as second class citizens, the caucus would always support and work for a united Nigeria .

Abaribe added that the caucus demanded a total restructuring of the country and devolution of powers in such a manner that would assuage the feeling of despondency , injustice and near rejection within the Nigerian state , “ which to us is the way to go . ”

He said , “ I thank Kanu for assuring (the caucus ) to conduct his members in a peaceful manner and within the ambits of the law. This engagement is a continuous process that will lead us to find a lasting solution to whatever grievances that necessitated the agitations in Nigeria.

“The caucus will accordingly meet as soon as we resume from recess to continue the engagement for the good of our people and our dear country.

All of us desire equality , equity, fairness in a peaceful and united Nigeria . ”

The IPOB leader was quoted as assuring the lawmakers that his group would remain non -violent in its agitation.

Kanu, however, insisted that the group remained resolute in its demand for a fair and just society which, according to him, is the spirit behind the agitation for Biafra through a referendum.

“We are not afraid in our quest. What I promise my elder brother (Abaribe) is that we shall never fail them by resorting to violence . We can't and it has never been our approach, ” he said.

http://punchng.com/south-east-senators-meet-kanu-call-for-caution/

lalasticlala
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by herzern(m): 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is brave and courageous.

I commend his resolution towards the realisation of Biafra too.One thing I request of him is to make this "BIAFRA CHANTS" comprehensible for SE politicians and other stakeholders so they can join hands and pull strength together to fight a common cause.

Yesterday....BIAFRA
Today...IGBO'S PRESIDENCY IN 2019
Tomorrow...RESTRUCTURING

Let us know what you really want by speaking with a strong,united and fierce voice.

4 Likes

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by Oloripelebe: 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
booked
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by ReubenE(m): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
They should advise him very well.
It is good to speak against injustice but Kanu's method belongs to the era of the dinosaurs....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by midashenry(m): 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
booked
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by Evablizin(f): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ok
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by FriendNG: 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
Better late than never, call the pig to order.

2 Likes

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by macluvph1(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
That's the problem with Nigeria media, Abaribe was asked to comment as a politician he shifted the ball to Kanu who courageously thundered in his voice the honest truth patriotic Nigerians doesn't want to hear before the journalist went back to Abaribe to comment which he now did.

Punch should always report news the way it is without compromising.

Honestly igbo's are intelligent watch the youtube video of their today's meeting and thank me later.

God bless Abaribe,
God bless Kanu,
God bless IPOB,
God bless Biafra.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by ofai: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
FriendNG:
Better late than never, call the pig to order.

Another pot calling kettle black. Who is vomiting hate speech now. You are just a worm.

1 Like

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by Throwback: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
Why not beg your elder brother called Senator Eyinnaya Abaribe to raise a motion for secession or a referendum at the National Assembly?

What are the Eastern Senators afraid of in moving a motion for a referendum their own people desire?

Is it Yoruba or Fulani or Hausa or Bini or Urhobo or Tiv Senators and Representatives that will move a motion for demands made by Igbos in the SouthEast?

Who are the cowards in this matter?

And why is IPOB supported by only miscreants who cannot support Nnamdi Kanu and his family, resulting in Fayose setting up an appeal fund for Yorubas to contribute?

Who are the power brokers in IPOB that have failed to exert the political power of constituted authority even at the local government or state government level, helping to give this Biafran demand some legitimacy comparable to the Irish, Scottish, and SouthSudanese demands for independence in time past.

Not a single political office holder from the SouthEast is proud to associate with IPOB. Not a single one has come out to support, rather they have come out to caution.

4 Likes

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by ofai: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
ReubenE:
They should advise him very well.
It is good to speak against injustice but Kanu's method belongs to the era of the dinosaurs....

My friend shut up. Where were you lots when killings maimings rapes and hate speech of baboons and monkeys were thrown at the easterners?

You are a human excreta...

2 Likes

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by Nenejeje(f): 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
I might not be Igbo but I like NK boldness. Nigeria might not necessarily secede but it's a wake up call for everyone to do the right thing at the time.

you can not be in your own country and be treated like an outcast and be expected to keep mute about it

1 Like

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by perez100: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
I am surprised that up till now, many people have not realized that Nigeria can NEVER move forward as long as Tinubu's teeth remain rotten and stinking. many Nigerians are unable to read the handwriting on the wall that Tinubu dirty teeth are 'Mebilic Occultic Group Teeth.' I know them and he will die if he try to clean his teeth. Lai Mohammed has joined the cult. So, suspend everybody if you like, Nigeria cannot grow.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by MXrap: 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
Abia state people are just chasing shadows. Maybe only their state shall form Biafra. grin
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by AtkinsPlanet(m): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
I told you this guy has made his name and will soon back off.
He will use this consesus as an excuse.

1 Like

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by Agumbankembu: 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
There was no call for caution in the interview they held with Send Abaribe and Onyeisi Mazi Kanu.
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by Agumbankembu: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
AtkinsPlanet:
I told you this guy has made his name and will soon back off.

He will use this consesus as an excuse.

Did u watch the video of the meeting yesterday?
If you did, you won't yap this bumkum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by murphyibiam15(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
Abia state has the worst government in SE.. they should sort out their bad government first... won't it be the same leaders again?
I like how Enugu and Ebonyi don't disturb themselves about the biafra thing

1 Like

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by Balkan(m): 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
That is they way people who are really Igbo and true Biafrans and lovers of freedom relate with their people.
Not useless Okoroawusa, Obiano and some stupid Igbo politicians who go publicly to condemne their brothers who have not carried arms to kill people but have not said a word about Fulani herdsmen who attack Igbos in their farm on daily bases.

We are watching and we know all of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by ReubenE(m): 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
ofai:

My friend shut up. Where were you lots when killings maimings rapes and hate speech of baboons and monkeys were thrown at the easterners?

You are a human excreta...
tongue
The way you write tells who you are. But I will not descend to your level.

Do you know me? Have we met before? Have you read anything from me before? In your charismatic unintelligence, you asked where was I when hate speeches where directed at the Easterners. To answer your question, I was in my house.

My brother, in case you're too temperamental to read and understand, this is what I meant with my earlier post.
I was only calling for Kanu to embrace or adopt more advanced means to drive his agitation rather than call his people out in the streets for them to be killed by trigger happy soldiers.
Perhaps you in your delusion of grandeur is yet to learn that after more than three million lives lost for this same cause, the method used by Kanu is not what will birth Biafra.

For the families that lost loved ones at Onitsha and elsewhere, they wish for their people not to be killed in broad day light again.
Let me ask you, have you lost a family member to this struggle? Has Kanu lost a family member to this struggle? Do they even come out to protest on the streets? Those that were killed, have you or anybody gotten justice for them? What if you were shot? Would you be here calling me names?
Ponder over these questions then you will understand the enemy you face.

Lastly, don't say things or calls names you cannot say to my face. Its just an advise

1 Like

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
Igbo Jews won't like this
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by MXrap: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
murphyibiam15:
Abia state has the worst government in SE.. they should sort out their bad government first... won't it be the same leaders again?

Thank you for being sincere.

@ofai over to you. Everyone is telling you guys the same thing I have been harping.
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by GeneralOjukwu: 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
South Easterners don't ever help themselves

Why can't Ekweremandu lead the agitations for "restructuring" and "referendum" from the front?

He's too content with being a house boy Deputy all the time? grin grin grin
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by attackgat: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
Throwback:
Why not beg your elder brother called Senator Eyinnaya Abaribe to raise a motion for secession or a referendum at the National Assembly?

What are the Eastern Senators afraid of in moving a motion for a referendum their own people desire?.

Is it Yoruba or Fulani or Hausa or Bini or Urhobo or Tiv Senators and Representatives that will move a motion for demands made by Igbos in the SouthEast?

Who are the cowards in this matter?

Same reason why no one from Southern Nigeria has moved a motion for restructuring. There is no point moving a motion for something that the North will use its numerical strenght at the National assembly to vote out. It would be wasted effort

And why is IPOB supported by only miscreants who cannot support Nnamdi Kanu and his family, resulting in Fayose setting up an appeal fund for Yorubas to contribute?

IPOB is finanaced internationally, it does not source funds locally but if there are people who want to be local contributors like Fayose, Im sure IPOB wouldnt mind

Who are the power brokers in IPOB that have failed to exert the political power of constituted authority even at the local government or state government level, helping to give this Biafran demand some legitimacy comparable to the Irish, Scottish, and SouthSudanese demands for independence in time past.

Not a single political office holder from the SouthEast is proud to associate with IPOB. Not a single one has come out to support, rather they have come out to caution.

The Biafran agitation is about the masses, not a privileged few. Its about the common out there, not about a few political moneybags in Abuja
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by babyfaceafrica: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
Will he listen
Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by wristbangle: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
perez100:
I am surprised that up till now, many people have not realized that Nigeria can NEVER move forward as long as Tinubu's teeth remain rotten and stinking. many Nigerians are unable to read the handwriting on the wall that Tinubu dirty teeth are 'Mebilic Occultic Group Teeth.' I know them and he will die if he try to clean his teeth. Lai Mohammed has joined the cult. So, suspend everybody if you like, Nigeria cannot grow.

There are ways you can convey your message without insult but it runs in the veins of P and I crew anyway undecided

1 Like

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by veraponpo(m): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
The fear of Buhari. Their brains are already going back to factory setting mode.

Buhari is a lion indeed.

1 Like

Re: South-east Senators Meet Kanu, Call For Caution by lalasticlala(m): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2017

(1)

Ipod Fires Its First Shot Against Nigerian Army / Incumbent Gov. Of Anambra State, Obianno Withdraws From Poll. / Getting The Yorubas Straight On Who Tribalized The Innoson/GT Saga. For Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.