Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,812 members, 7,952,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:23 PM

Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? (852 Views)

Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by supereagle(m): 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2010
We have seen foreign coaches coming to Nigeria and going, but have we really sat down to take the stocks and review their achievement? NFF has begun another jamboree again in search of another white coach, at the end of the show, they may not give us the best. Berti came took our football back 10 years , he was sacked , Amodu came on board took us to 2nd position in Africa and 15th best in FIFA ranking. The man was getting the results, but Nigerians do not like his styles of play . Hence the shout of sack him took over.
The question now is given the short time we need to prepare for the world cup, will NFF get a coach that will know our boys in and out and get us the result we desire?
I leave that for you debate and discern.
What advice will you give the yet to be gotten coach to get Nigerians result we want?
Paraguay has cancelled the match slated for Match 3rd with Nigeria, I believe the search for a new coach must have contributed. Nigeria is planning to Fail at the mundial.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by Tatase(f): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2010
Amodu is better than Berti Vogts of course. But that is not saying much as Berti Vogts was awful. Like I will never understand on what basis (other than oyinbo-ness) he was hired. Was it perhaps his "amazing" record with Scotland, a record so "fantastic" their football has still not recovered from it and he'd been unemployed for 3 years before we unearthed him? We really went for mediocre when we went for Vogts.

So yes, Amodu is better than Vogts, but that is still not to say Amodu is good or technically sound. We spend so much money on football in this country, we should have a good technical advisor. And I'm not necessarily saying a foreign/oyinbo, someone who has technical ability would be really nice, no?
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by omar22(m): 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2010
Amodu is better than Berti Vogts of course

Berti succeeded where Amodu failed, Tell who won Euro 1996 with Germany? Berti Vogt ok we the Nigerian National team, but the Nigerian players could be fickle and decide not to play for the Manager but Amodu ahs had 2 bites of the Cherry and still flopped
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by Tatase(f): 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^^^

What about Scotland? Yes he won Euro 1996 with Germany, but had to step down eventually because he didn't do too well with them after that (at France '98 and in friendlies). . . Then nobody wanted him for a while then he went to Bayer Leverkusen where he was sacked, and then to Kuwait (who basically have a new coach every day), then the real SUCKING began with Scotland and after that no one would touch him with a ten-foot pole. . . no one that is, except the NFF. Yay us! He brought his sucking over to us.

I'll admit things seem to be picking up for him with Azerbaijan, but Amodu can say the same (qualifying for WC and CAN 3rd place albeit with mediocre performances). I'll say it. . . I'll take Amodu over Vogts because at least he's Nigerian. There's nothing Berti Vogts offered that Amodu did not. The same lack of direction, and just general mediocrity. Why do we need to import that? Berti Vogts (with his Euro 96 medal and all) was a bigger flop than Amodu (with his Euro 96 medal and all).
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by omar22(m): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2010
The Question was, Who is Better?

then we look at their medals

Amodu 2 Bronze

Vogts 1 Gold, 1 Silver

Atleast he has another Job with an Eastern European country

Amodu unless the greedy idiots at the NFF keep him in his role, he wont get a job managing a PUB team
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by Tatase(f): 10:12pm On Feb 19, 2010
omar22:

Atleast he has another Job with an Eastern European country

Amodu unless the greedy idiots at the NFF keep him in his role, he wont get a job managing a PUB team

I can't believe I'm actually defending Amodu. . .

Yes Vogts has a real prime job coaching Azerbaijan- the real pinnacle of any non-Azerbaijani's coaching career. tongue

Amodu has/had the best job available to him (at his skill level), coaching his own country's national team. So right now he's probably making it out better. Now is he a good coach? NO! I think we deserve better than either (Amodu or Vogts).

But I wouldn't take Vogts over Amodu. How is Vogt's better? Since Euro '96 what has he been doing? They're birds of a feather jare.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by chic2pimp(m): 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2010
Who is better? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by omar22(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
So right now he's probably making it out better.

ha ha ha ha ha better ha?

What do you think would happen if the hardcore Nigerian fans catchs Amodu? Nigerian supporters would rather have Yar'dua or wife in charge of the SE than "Coco the clown" called Amodu
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by Tatase(f): 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2010
LOL!! cheesy Well I suppose that's true. You don't see Berti Vogts holidaying in Lagos or Glasgow. So ok he's safer where he is. But look, Amodu is currently at the pinnacle of his career (contract-wise @ least till August abi?) as in what greater height can he achieve than this? Whereas Berti Vogts is kind of in the relative banishment of Azerbaijan.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by supereagle(m): 11:47am On Feb 20, 2010
@Omarr22
What do you think would happen if the hardcore Nigerian fans catchs Amodu? Nigerian supporters would rather have Yar'dua or wife in charge of the SE than "Coco the clown" called Amodu

Dear Omarr22.
If Nigerians hate Amodu, he must have been stoned or his house burnt down,but none of this has happened to him. He lives in Lagos.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by honeric01(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2010
omar22:

ha ha ha ha ha better ha?

And who told you Nigerians hate him? he has his fanbase and it's not everyone that's blind to his achievement and contribution to the SE even though he didn't play the best football for us.

He achieved what he has achieved so far with dead set of players, when these players were in their peak, our previous coaches couldn't do or achieve anything up to what Amodu has achieved with them (Chukwu/Egueavoen/Vogts)
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2010
honeric01:

And who told you Nigerians hate him? he has his fanbase and it's not everyone that's blind to his achievement and contribution to the SE even though he didn't play the best football for us.

He achieved what he has achieved so far with dead set of players, when these players were in their peak, our previous coaches couldn't do or achieve anything up to what Amodu has achieved with them (Chukwu/Egueavoen/Vogts)
I think hardcore Nigerian fans actually hate him but knowing nigerians for who they are; it's all talk and no action.

Amodu is one of the worse things to happen to football worldwide not just in Nigeria. What annoys me most about him is the way he stares like a dunce when we're loosing. He doesn't even make an attempt to ginger the boys.

I think all the little things we've acheived so far is becasue of the individual genius of our players. I can authoritatively say that with or without a coach, the super eagles would have still gotten to the semi-final.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2010
Pls can someone tell me why Chukwu was sacked.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by honeric01(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2010
afam4eva:

I think hardcore Nigerian fans actually hate him but knowing nigerians for who they are; it's all talk and no action.

Amodu is one of the worse things to happen to football worldwide not just in Nigeria. What annoys me most about him is the way he stares like a dunce when we're loosing. He doesn't even make an attempt to ginger the boys.

I think all the little things we've acheived so far is becasue of the individual genius of our players. I can authoritatively say that with or without a coach, the super eagles would have still gotten to the semi-final.

With all the highlighted, i wouldn't want to respond to your post, will let it pass. shocked sad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by omar22(m): 5:27am On Feb 21, 2010
He achieved what he has achieved so far with dead set of players

He has had 3 bites at a Cherry and he did what? this is the problem with Nigerians "enough is good enough" for someone to compare him to Berti Vogt is an insult to world football, let them put their medal on the table.

If the real madrid job becomes available and its between Vogts and Coco the clown, well a land slide victory comes to mind
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by montelik(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2010
Of course Vogts is a better coach than Amodu. His trophies and medals are of greater significance than Amodu's. But the question that is pertinent from a Naija standpoint is who is/was better for Nigeria. Amodu beats Vogts hands down in this category, to be frank Amodu beats all other recent coaches with the exception of Westerhof and Bonfere.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by honeric01(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2010
omar22:

He has had 3 bites at a Cherry and he did what? this is the problem with Nigerians "enough is good enough" for someone to compare him to Berti Vogt is an insult to world football, let them put their medal on the table.

If the real madrid job becomes available and its between Vogts and Coco the clown,  well a land slide victory comes to mind

Abeg go sit down somewhere, who dey talk of Real Madrid here?, you can keep calling him coco the clown, that's your problem, he doesn't even know you nor your existence, calling another person's father terrible names, don't worry, karma is a b.i.t.c.hh you hia.

back to topic, wetin vogts win? European cup abi? what else? so because he won that (1995 or thereabout), he's now a great coach abi? anyways, since he won that, what else has he achieved in his coaching career? that useless one hit one wonder coach. go ask scotland wetin him take their eyes see. at least Amodu has never been catch napping whenever he's given a task to accomplished, so i prefer a consistence coach to a one hit one wonder coach.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by proudly9ja(m): 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2010
I don't we can just start a thread and compare Amodu and Berti without giving a basis. At what level? Are you comparing their overall achievements or their achievement with the Super Eagles (even that cannot be compared because Berti had less than 10 months, Amodu has had over 3 years combined), etc. When you want to compare two or more people/things, you need to give a basis.

On Amodu (and every other Nigerian coach), I have always maintained that the best of Nigeria coaches can coach the Super Eagles to a the topmost levels. Amodu is not one of the best! Amodu may be a lucky coach (like oga Goodluck) but not good enough for the Nigeria National team. Let him go and coach the U21 or U23 and make his name. This guy couldn't even suceed with Orlando Pirates! Even when Enyimba hired him, he couldn't deliver. This guy called our home based players only 'good as training materials!'. The same home based players that Siasia took to U21/U23 torunaments (Taiye Taiwo, Vanzekin, Okoronkwo, Obiora Nwankwo, etc) and turned them into world beaters. If Amodu is good enough, I challenge him to go and coach another team and stop lobbying to get the Super Eagles job. Afterall, when Keshi lost the SE position (ironically as assistant coach to Amodu), he has coached both Togo and Mali to two tournaments. Why must it be Super Eagles for Amodu?

Even Siasia has started coaching his academy boys. Eguavoen has gone on to win the FA Cup with Enyimba, even the much aligned Chukwu has coached Rangers!

I am all for a home based coach to be given a long term contract to develop and evolve a new team for the 2014 world cup. Siasia/Oliseh/Keshi/Eguavoen/Ikhana/Emordi all come to mind. but plssssssss definitely not Amodu
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by supereagle(m): 5:34am On Feb 22, 2010

But Berti had the opportunity of using the same set of players, what was his achievement?

Pls can someone tell me why Chukwu was sacked.

Chuckwu was sacked because he failed to win a crucial match for WC 2006 in Kano. The then NFA chairman moved the match to hot state Kano which favors the Angola, but we drew with them , Eguavon was brought in to finish the remaining matches .

We must tell ourselves the truth , changing of coaches has not helped our football,16 coaches in the last 14 years. Few months to world cup, we are talking of change again, they went to London to interview the coaches, those that went are there because of Estacodes not that they want the football to progress, a coach that failed to qualify his own team for WC is demanding #300million to take our team to WC. Hindink also demanded for #702 million . We are just wasting Tax payers money, the right thing to do is to beef up the technical team. But the Glass House will not do that.
Re: Amodu Vs Berti Vogths: Who Is Better? by Olaolufred(m): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2010
It is like asking for who is better between
A man in Coma and a mad man.
They are both dummy.
And has nothing to do with Super Eagle
If our football had not become PDP politics.

(1) (Reply)

U-20 Women W/cup:nigeria 2-0 KOREA Republic.full Time / Egyptian Referee Who Officiated Nigeria Vs Zambia Match To Be Expelled From Afco / Ucl Barcelona And Madrid Woe. Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Style.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.