Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,251 members, 7,967,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:09 PM

Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions (1554 Views)

Bayelsa Guber Election:Security Operatives Spotted At Strategic Positions(pics / The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army..photos / Rivers Guber: More Facebook Postings Expose Okoye’s Membership Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by Imeobong(m): 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
Source: Daily Tribune 19/02/2010

THERE is a growing concern by some officers over recent postings in the Army. Their grouse, Nigerian Tribune gathered, has to do with the failure of the military authorities to adhere to the Federal Character Principle in the Nigerian Constitution.

Investigations by the Nigerian Tribune indicate that top commanding positions had been taken over by officers from Kano and Katsina, while Borno and a few states of the North complete the postings.

A review of recent postings, according to sources, showed that 90 to 98 per cent of soldiers in the Guards Brigade are from the Kano -Katsina axis.

Investigations also revealed that the command of fighting units, such as the one located at Jaji, Plateau State, had been ceded to candidates from the North.

It was also gathered that the 3rd Armoured Division in Jos was recently taken over by another candidate from the North-West during the recent Jos crisis.

Some beneficiaries of the recent postings include Brigadier-General Ram Mustapha (Guards Brigade), from Kano State; Lieutenant-Colonel M. Musa Gar; Commander, Guards Brigade Abuja, from Kano State; Lt. Col. U. T. Musa, Commander 4th Guards Brigade, Abuja, from Borno State.

There is also Brig.-Gen. S.N Muazu, Commander 9th Brigade, from Katsina State, while Brig.-Gen. Minimah, regarded as a professional officer, was moved to Defence Headquarters as staff officer. The Commander of Artillery Corps, who is described as another professional soldier, was recently retired.

A source said that some agencies monitoring the unfolding situation were planning to petition the Federal Character Commission (FCC).

Section 14(3) of the 1999 Constitution indicates that all sectors of the country are to be carried along in the affairs of the country.

“14. (1) (c) the participation by the people in their government shall be ensured in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution. (3) The composition of the Government of the Federation or any of its agencies and the conduct of its affairs shall be carried out in such a manner as to reflect the federal character of Nigeria and the need to promote national unity, and also to command national loyalty, thereby ensuring that there shall be no predominance of persons from a few state or from a few ethnic or other sectional groups in that Government or in any of its agencies.

“(4) The composition of the government of a state, a local government council, or any of the agencies of such government or council, and the conduct of the affairs of the government or council, or such agencies shall be carried out in such manner as to recognise the diversity of the people within its area of authority and the need to promote a sense of belonging and loyalty among all the people of the federation.”

Sources said that some officers from other parts of the country were raising concerns that they were not being carried along in the unfolding exercise.

The issue of postings to the Joint Task Force (JTF) in the Niger Delta is also causing concern, according to a source. He said that the reality of the recent postings was fuelling insinuations that a section of the country was being unduly and strategically placed in command positions in the military.

It was gathered that some states in the Niger Delta spent between N200 and N300 million on JTF activities on a monthly basis but that fewer officers from the Niger Delta were being retained in postings to the operation.

Said our source:“There are strong grumblings among officers that they are being sidelined. Some of them are of the view that all recent postings in the military should be published. The Middle Belt is also being marginalised.”

A source said that the current fate of the Middle Belt is pathetic, as the leaders of the area believe that they have not reaped the benefit of helping to unite the country by fighting the civil war.
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by Jakumo(m): 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2010
With northern Nigerian officers being placed in strategic command positions throughout the country, one could be forgiven for concluding that the groundwork for a military coup is already being laid.

The allegiance of The Guards Brigade commander can determine the success or otherwise of any military power grab that does take place in Nigeria, so the placement of a northerner in that key post is intriguing to say the least.

I'm pulling up a chair for this one.
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by naijaking1: 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2010
Imeobong:

Source: Daily Tribune 19/02/2010

Said our source:“There are strong grumblings among officers that they are being sidelined. Some of them are of the view that all recent postings in the military should be published. The Middle Belt is also being marginalised.”

A source said that the current fate of the Middle Belt is pathetic, as the leaders of the area believe that they have not reaped the benefit of helping to unite the country by fighting the civil war.

Pathetic
Why do these people forget when Sarduana said that they will use the Middle Belters as tools in their attempt to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean?
Still want to know how many middle belters have been pathetically used?
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by redsun(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
The top echelon of nigerian military are politicians in uniform and vice versa
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by citizenY(m): 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Jakumo

I pray this never happens again in this country. We better state that loud and clear.
By brother, don't pull up any chair. Stay standing and scream, HELL NO!!!

@naijaking

Check your watch, it is still analogue, better change it.
Time for rabble rousing is over. Do something more constructive.
We are all using each other, no discrimination. Greed knows
no tribe , creed or gender.

@redsun

Tell our brother , naijaking
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by nduchucks: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2010
Jakumo:

With northern Nigerian officers being placed in strategic command positions throughout the country, one could be forgiven for concluding that the groundwork for a military coup is already being laid.

The allegiance of The Guards Brigade commander can determine the success or otherwise of any military power grab that does take place in Nigeria, so the placement of a northerner in that key post is intriguing to say the least.

I'm pulling up a chair for this one.

One could also be forgiven for concluding that placing Northern Nigerian officers in the said strategic command positions, will ensure the failure of a coup by wayward southern rascal junior officers. ko ba haka ba?
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by Jakumo(m): 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2010
ndu_chucks:

One could also be forgiven for concluding that placing Northern Nigerian officers in the said strategic command positions, will ensure the failure of a coup by wayward southern rascal junior officers. ko ba haka ba?

Yours is an equally plausible scenario, and is certainly preferable to my conjecture, Ndu Chuks. Baa Magana.
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by citizenY(m): 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2010
Whatever lipsrsealed
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by Imeobong(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2010
If they like let them take all the positions with that of airforce and navy combine, but they cannot take the oil and as we all know thats why they could not strike, they know, any attempt by the cabals to stage a coup now in Nigeria will not work, as such wil be rejected by the Niger Deltans and it will definately spelt the end of Nigeria
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by citizenY(m): 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Imeobong,

Me : This is very childish. Let me help you with your feeding bottle ( Removes it from his/her lips)

and Imeobong yarns, in more audible tones<

Maybe uncle Jonathan should bring his own army from Bayelsa.
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by citizenY(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Imeobong,

Me : This is very childish. Let me help you with your feeding bottle ( Removes it from his/her lips)

Me :shut up, and immediately thrust the feeding bottle back into his/her mouth.

Phew!!!!!!

I think this baby is on something stronger than Ribena. sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by adamabdul: 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2010
Jakumo:

Yours is an equally plausible scenario, and is certainly preferable to my conjecture, Ndu Chuks. Baa Magana.
[/qu
SO YOU CAN SPEAK HAUSA?I CANT BELIEVE HIS
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by edoyad(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2010
Please some one should stage a coup and deliver the final blow to this dying entity. That's why i love inevitability.
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by naijaking1: 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2010
citizenY:

@Imeobong,

I like your gusto!
The last time a southern army officer wanted to play it fair and balanced, he filled the Brigade of Guard cader with mostly northern junior officers like T.Y Danjuma, and against the advice of his more realistic comrades, he ended paying dearly for the mistake and with his life too.
The more Jonathan fiddles, the more he begins to look like Ironsi. While I hope Ironsi's fate doesn't catch up to him, I still wonder why history has been so easily forgotten.
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by onyengbu1(m): 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2010
When southerners are busy feeling superior to the north, they are busy taking over the country.

I really dont believe that America's prediction that Nigeria will disintegrate is true but day by day, nigerians themselves are making that wish come tru for them.
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by scottN(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2010
So what if d north take over the Army? Can't d South take control of d Navy and possibly d Air Force?
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by citizenY(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Naijaking

I have no worries if anyone is posted in the army. Goodluck JonTHn should make very
adequate arrangements for his security and we should not blame him for his choices.

I was only injecting some humor into the issue.
Re: Postings In The Army: Kano And Katsina Officers Take Over Strategic Positions by naijaking1: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2010
I agree with you my brother. If Jonathan feels more secure around northerners than around his own people then everybody should know that he has not learnt from Ironsi history.

(1) (Reply)

Good News For Nigeria's Aviation as U.S Grants Country Highest Air Safety Rating / Acn And Family (ASIWAJU COMPANY OF NIGERIA (ACN)) / Did Pastor Bakare Actually Say This About Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.