Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,880 members, 7,899,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:21 AM

What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? (11064 Views)

5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price / A Man's Boutique Business From 2005 To 2018 In Pictures / A Lady's Boutique Burgled On The Eve Of Christmas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by anyimontana(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2017
Clothe n showcase...nonsense question..
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Tinie: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2017
Must be fashionable/ trendy, Have a good supply chain (tailors, source of foreign clothes), Have a good dress sense people want to emulate, be very involved in our fashion industry activities,good business sense and look into the long run. So reinvest your money in yourself and your business.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by rusher14: 11:54am On Aug 25, 2017
folakemigeh:
Get clothes and get a shop, Simple!!

Then when you do put the clothes on the floor a large bend down select.

You should also remember to locate the store right behind the cemetery and by the side of Iya Jimoh's amala joint as the aroma of the cooking would be strong on the attires, giving your customers the much needed Eau de Iru that's much sought after.

Lastly, don't forget to be selling G- strings if your location is in Gusau, Zamfara state. Such items of clothing are in high demand.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by successincentiv(m): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2017
The number one thing you need is capital. Check out this post (www.passionentrepreneurs.com/raise-capital/ )
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by jumpandpas(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
Lalas247:
Business plan
Money ( if using a start up loan) make sure ur accounts in order
Find reputable suppliers
Decor branding and look
Staff

Etc ...

Pls don't use an interest loan to set up this kind of business. If you must use loan make it a long term non interest loan.

Steps
1. Passion

2. Learn the secrets, does and donts from those into it already.

3. Capital

4. Location

5. Packaging / taste and class

6. Self and financial discipline

7. Customer friendly

8. Current

9. The power to say no when necessary.

Hmmmm. My cent though.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by 1kingwriter: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
Some Information:-
* Thank God you have a shop
* Dealing on OK stuff will do you good
* Locate the brain box of mega supplies - Katanguwa market, Badagry and Abule-Egba
* Select first grade only, I repeat select only first grade. Great grades of clothing sells itself
* Be strict and offer no CREDIT
* Advertise your business on Facebook
* Deal on trendy brands of wears

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by 360command: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mollue:
I have been having this thought for a while now and I really need your advice on what to do and how to manage my business, I really want to have big shopping mall but I have to start from somewhere and I don't want to be a liability to my parents anymore because I believe it is time for me to start something I know I won't regret.

Mind you I'm still in school.
I came here because I know they would be business magnates who can put me through.
Go to Lagos ,buy your clothes.. Go to vespa, buy nice female shoes and bags and mix .. get 2-3 mannequin..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by erico2k2(m): 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mollue:
I have been having this thought for a while now and I really need your advice on what to do and how to manage my business, I really want to have big shopping mall but I have to start from somewhere and I don't want to be a liability to my parents anymore because I believe it is time for me to start something I know I won't regret.

I came here because I know they would be business magnates who can put me through.
Money and motivation, you got one already
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Ndywin: 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
I have been in clothes abi boutique business for years now... Majorly what you need is a good strategy position; uniqueness; and make sure you are current with the trending fashion
1. Strategy Position: believe it or not location matters alot in boutique business.
2.Uniqueness: there is what we called "mass production" in clothes business. There is also what is termed as "Stock production". An Average customer loves stock clothes, its simply means that the designs are unique even though its from the same company with good quality fabric.
3. Fashion is a high trending business, you need to know what is current and what is outdated...
bleep me if you still need more. I will happily educate you freely

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Mollue(m): 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
cowleg:
Location sir? Where is your location?
Benin City, Edo State. Sir
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Mollue(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
tony1918:
Firstly you should know your market audience.. Since you a student you can do more of online sales than actually getting q shop cuz that's extra expenses and I think that should come after you have made a niche for yourself to among your audience... Secondly know what they want my guess is since you are a student your audience should be more of students ..Find a good and reputable market for supplies.. Lastly don't forget to seek God's involvement in all you do.. Be safe bro
Thanks bro and God bless you too.
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by fumiswtpusy(f): 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pls how much can I buy a bail of men clothes and trousers.first grade.i need info on these.
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Noniee: 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
ttccworld:
Start something online (its free - don't start by putting much resources in getting a shop)

Take good picture and market them to your colleagues and friends etc

Make your price friendly and strive to make your customers happy.

See you at the topmost top my friend!!

Please like which of the online adverts are free, am interested too
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by GiddyTunes(m): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
Need a bass guitarist in your church or band
Call / wasap 08069646814
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by kiddkash(m): 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
folakemigeh:
tuche
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Funkychic(f): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mollue:

Clothing business? isn't that business too rampant?

Well, you can still choose who your customers are before venturing into it.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Elcid1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
360command:
Go to Lagos ,buy your clothes.. Go to vespa, buy nice female shoes and bags and mix .. get 2-3 mannequin..
where in Lagos can one buy men clothings in stock. Help please
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Elcid1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ndywin:
I have been in clothes abi boutique business for years now... Majorly what you need is a good strategy position; uniqueness; and make sure you are current with the trending fashion
1. Strategy Position: believe it or not location matters alot in boutique business.
2.Uniqueness: there is what we called "mass production" in clothes business. There is also what is termed as "Stock production". An Average customer loves stock clothes, its simply means that the designs are unique even though its from the same company with good quality fabric.
3. Fashion is a high trending business, you need to know what is current and what is outdated...
. Where can one get stock in Lagos. Chat me up on 07039845401. Thanks
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Iduatei(m): 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mollue:

The number 1 thing you need before even finance, is relevant information about the business. And some explorative study about business of same kind and your location u have in mind for the business
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by tony1918(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
Elcid1:
..Firstly who are your audience..If they are people that goes with latest fashion trend Mandelas in lagos Island is your best location...If they are just normal boys or girls, bro you can go to yaba or still mandelas just go for lower grades of cloth line..
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by dedunji: 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
Come and serve me for six years I will settle u
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Liftedhands(f): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
Many good suggestions​! Nice​ one.
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by 360command: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
Elcid1:
is it new clothes,if it is you have to go to mandillas..
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Lotich(m): 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
[quote author=Ndywin post=59812831]I have been in clothes abi boutique business for years now... Majorly what you need is a good strategy position; uniqueness; and make sure you are current with the trending fashion

What's good bro we need to talk. Your contact please
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by prico32(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
get GoGagga office247 software, it will help you with inventory, profit and total business management. call me on 08181119337 to set you up
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by CaptainKodak(m): 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
folakemigeh:

Just like that? Seriously? The business will be dead even before its birth!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by ponti93(m): 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mollue:

don't forget to hala me for your fashion website, fashion blog or fashion online shop.
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by Lotich(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2017
Ndywin:

Link up broz 08066919417
Re: What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? by FAIRALL(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
I made over 500k in my final year in the university by selling about 200 men's suits ( I made a gain of at least 3k on each one that I sold)...in most cases I sold the suits before buying them... Now, I distribute quality suits from the best brands for an importer based in Onitsha.... I intend selling 5000 piece of suits between now and January...by buying 10 piece of suits from me at a ridiculous price you wont imagine possible, u will also get materials you need for your advertisement and also a step by step guide on how to convince your customers and make quicker sales....
NOTE: You don't need a shop... a little cash.... a little strategy... a big dream..that's all
I started mine with #1000

whatsapp me on zero 8130474080 for more info
( only for students and those within a university/polytechnic community)

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Grants Energy Firms N20bn Waivers / Fidelity Bank Doles Out N16m To 13 Customers (PHOTOS) / Nigeria Is Trying To Develop Without Industrializing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.