Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,083 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? (11674 Views)

Continent With The Lowest IQ Ranking / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2017
dammieco:
Perhaps he studied in the university during the era of Awolowo
i studied at Delta State, its just by grace
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2017
Histrings08:
I don't know
i pray you dont lack in life
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2017
oneda:
Naija... Imagine the sacrifices only to come out and be vieing for 30k npower job which will likely be in 2019 as campaign promise.

Nigerian students your future had been eaten/is still being eaten by your leaders. Arise and protest your tomorrow now.

If the 800+ billion being owed ASUU was to the National Assembly it would have been paid since with jara sef.

Unite today and fight this evil leaders together.
fighting the government wont solve anything, its still same promise they will give you. I think learning a skill to your credentials is the best.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2017
Teletexter:

Your lying prowess will take you places.
do you mind exchanging shoes with me
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2017
Omotayor123:
Not when he become chicken, walking from one friend to another to do oshofree and Genie- give me! wink
thats the issue o, friends that understands you is the solution
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 11:25am On Aug 25, 2017
phantom02:
with foodstuffs and provision/cosmetics,,5k cn b enough 4 a week
did you really mean 5k a week, please can we be friends
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by JegaQuin: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2017
I do give my son in LASU 3k weekly without foodstuffs/cosmetics which are normally given separately... is that too much?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 11:27am On Aug 25, 2017
johnjay4u2u:
zero naira as long as you have real friends who truly know you have nothing genuinely

But seriously, i was broke to 20 naira around 2010 Managed the 20 naira for that day. (Garri plus sugar as brunch) i hate borrowing
nobody loves to borrow but sometimes we have no choice
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2017
I honestly can't judge university students that are into Yahoo yahoo after reading this thread.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by dexterousyemi(m): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
I think your allownce also depends on the location of your school, 20,000 naira allowance in some schools should be enought to live chilling life ,while 20,000 in schools like unilag still lands you at the below average spotlight angry
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by duoboyeemmanuel(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
My mom gives me btw N2000 & N3000 every week..
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Tklassy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mine was 4k per month on unad campus.
I will eternally be grateful to those hostel and fellowship sisters who fed me all through my stay in Ekiti.

How would I have coped with 4k?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by fpeter(f): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
My dear you'll be alright. I had some good friends back in school, they were from average homes so all i did was to attach myself to them.

I will never forget how i spent money calling an uncle to help me with 5k during my final year, he kept posting me until he finally shouted at me to leave him alone! I thank God for today.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by fpeter(f): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
dexterousyemi:
I think your allownce also depends on the location of your school, 20,000 naira allowance in some schools should be enought to live chilling life ,while 20,000 in schools like unilag still lands you at the below average spotlight angry

20k?? that one na Dangote pikin, i can't remember ever getting more than 3k or 5k from my folks. Then after ragging the entire family, i'd come up with something fair enough to survive the semester.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Realslimshady(m): 12:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
PROBABLY 4000, 3K ? I WILL DIE
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by bhankymyk(m): 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
mine was 7k per month sha
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by arinzos(m): 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
mine is always semester by semester and its 50k.for everything including food,books e.t.c
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by arinzos(m): 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
mine is always semester by semester and its 50k.for everything including food,books e.t.c. if money finish bfr semester end,na sorry b ur name.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by DRPAIT123(m): 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
Teeeecash:
Nope, dere is nothing impossible about it. it happens. . am a witness. . .
abah,its outrageous,maybe I should ask how many months?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Fidelismaria: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
sad
mine na 200h for 2months
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by sonnie10: 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
Now I have to think twice before buying that $10 burger at MacDonald.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by NairalandSARS: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
faorex:
at least 5k for an architecture student.. but right Now I'm living on 1k per week.. 500 transport per week, 500 for papers and other assignment for the week... even the 1k is not stable....God just bless my parents or else. I will start doing yahoo Yahoo...there was a day my dad came to school with his friend and while leaving. he only dropped 500 for me and my bro for a week.. even his friend just said face your studies,he didn't drop a kobo. .I started crying after they left..

Small pikin. cheesy
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by NairalandSARS: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
JegaQuin:
I do give my son in LASU 3k weekly without foodstuffs/cosmetics which are normally given separately... is that too much?

No sir, not at all.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by girl4rmspace(f): 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
Rorachy:
You no get problem I swear.

We all have our problems dear
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
girl4rmspace:

We all have our problems dear
That's like 7k a week, babe you are balling in school.

Private or public uni?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by girl4rmspace(f): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
Rorachy:
That's like 7k a week, babe you are balling in school.

Private or public uni?

Well am out of school now. Just going back through memory lane
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Well am out of school now. Just going back through memory lane
Was it public or private?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by girl4rmspace(f): 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
Rorachy:
Was it public or private?

Public unilag
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Public unilag
Alright.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by faorex(m): 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
NairalandSARS:

Small pikin. cheesy
And you think so
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by seansifo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
My maximum spending for a day is #300.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by wemmy01(m): 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
Yewandequeen:
Hehe
If I tell u my own ehn u won't believe.

My family is okay, not that we are dangote - like family.
Sometimes I will go home and dad will give me #500 for pocket money and I will be like hehe how do u expect me to survive with this. One time I was so broke ehn and I heard my dad would be coming to Abk for an event and I knew he would check on me. And my housemate were already happy hoping something go enter their pockets . But unfortunately my dad fell my hand and gave me #150, e pain me die. My housemates were like let's cook na sebi ur paale don show.
I couldnt open mouth to tell them he gave me #150 for the month.

But if u tell daddy ur hand out is millions, he wont question u, just bring home the receipt. grin

Moral of it is he actually wanted us to know the true value of money. And when we all grew up he he always like" do u now see how hard getting money is? "

He is an ijebu man to the core and I love him still cos he made me to know how to do with little change and be comfortable.

it all depends on the child itself, some will still definitely.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jamb - Utme 2010 Registration Has Commenced / Any Unilag Public Health Masters Student In Nairaland? / University Of Ibadan 2017/2018 Post-UTME Form Is Out. Cut-Off Remains 200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.