Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,144 members, 7,880,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:44 PM

A Passionate Appeal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Passionate Appeal (373 Views)

3 Myths About The Topic You’re Passionate About / Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th / Excel Place Academic Consult ® (epac): Call For Passionate Teachers/tutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Passionate Appeal by haywhybamz(m): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2017
A PASSIONATE APPEAL TO THOSE WHO VALUE EDUCATION..

In the words of great freedom fighter NELSON MANDELA 'Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world'. Today, i pen down my tears, my fears on behalf of millions of student all over the country currently affected by the strike action of the academic staff union of universities (ASUU). Today i am not writing to support any party or to praise any party but to make a passionate appeal to all parties involved that an end should be put to this strike. Permit me to say this 'it's a shame that in this century, despite the major challenges facing the world at large, the most populous black nation on earth is still faced by the challenges of education'.

Today i write on behalf of the millions of student out there, we have been made to believe that education is the only way out of poverty, that education is the only way we can tackle ignorance, that education is the most powerful tool in the world but what happens if the education we all crave for is halted
Just over a week ago, ASUU embarked on an indefinite strike over the failure of the federal government to honour its agreement signed with the union, amidst other problems. I remember vividly when the 2013 strike happened, i was just a young boy about to leave secondary school and at that time people close to me who were in the university then cried their hearts out. I must say honestly then i didn't know the reason behind their tears, but today i understand much better than they do because i am in their shoes currently and i understand how it feels when academic activities is halted while others in private universities are receiving lectures and probably having a cup of coffee and laughing at our predicament, isn't that enough??

Today once again, i want to make a passionate appeal to all parties involved that they should bury the hatchet and let us go back to the classroom. After going through kindergarten, nursery, primary, secondary, waec, jamb and for some post jamb only to be fazed with strike in the university, isn't this suicidal?? Please do not jeopardise our future, at least not again. Student will this recent action will now spend probably 5-7 years for a 4 year course if proper action is not taken in earnest and to make matters worst, multi-national companies will now demand for a 4 year working experience from a job seeker who have spent about 5-7 years in the university and he is 26. I wont mention names but i urge every influential individual out there to help our cause and appeal to both parties to reach an agreement and call of the strike.

To those who value education , to those who want light over darkness, please look into our matter and let's return to our class rooms.

OKERINDE AYOBAMI

(1) (Reply)

Aaua Post Utme For Is Out!!! / Virtual Book Launch / Anyone From Michael Okpala Uni~agric Pls Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.