Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 25/8/17 Who Counsels You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 25/8/17 Who Counsels You? (265 Views)

Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians / According To 2 Timothy 3:16,17 Who Is A Man Of God? / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 27/8/17 Who Takes Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 25/8/17 Who Counsels You? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2017
C. A. C., LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

DATE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2017
TOPIC: WHO COUNSELS YOU?
BIBLE READING: PSALM 32:8
MEMORISE: The righteous should choose his friends carefully, for the way of the wicked leads them astray. (Proverbs 12:26)

Counsel is a piece of advice given by someone to another, sometimes by an expert. Any right thinking man would, at all times, seek advice/counsel from the right channel. Unfortunately today, people seek counsel from their peer group, social media, and amateurs. More unfortunately, Christians who are bought by Christ's blood, seek counsels from the world, the ungodly, babes in the faith, and some other sources outside our Counsellor, Jesus Christ (cf. Isa. 9:6).
Dear reader, the fact is that any counsel outside of our Counsellor will backfire and will have long-lasting adverse effects on your life. Many a times, it destroys the future, or leads to death. Yet, you need counsels (Pro. 1:25; Isaiah 11:2).
Therefore from now, only take counsel from the right Source (Jesus Christ), because He has the blueprint of all things with Him. He is the Creator of time and season. He is ever ready to advise you on every issue of life. Make Him the Only Counsellor Who advises you. The counsel of Jonadab to Ammon (2 Sam. 13) finished the former totally, while the counsel of Jethro to Moses made the latter great (Exod. 18:1ff).
Any advice outside of God's standard should be discarded; they are injurious.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, let my eyes never be removed from You as you guide me in my life's journey.
2. Every ungodly counsel operating my life, I stop you, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray for the political advisers of the President of our nation and the governors of the states, that the Holy Spirit should possess their minds to offer counsels that would glorify God and favour the masses, henceforth.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JUDGES 15 - 19

(1) (Reply)

Saul To The Early Church, Dawkin To Modern Church / God Has A Better Plan For Every Human On Earth But… (episode 3) / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.