Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,511 members, 7,978,705 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:44 PM

Do These And Criticism Will Never Trail You - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do These And Criticism Will Never Trail You (565 Views)

Despite Risking Our Lives, We Still Face Criticism From The Public - Police / Commendations Trail Launch Of The Animated Narration Of The Legend Of Buratai / How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do These And Criticism Will Never Trail You by Boooooooooni: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
We are all humans and have all, in one point or the other in our lives, encountered criticism from people; constructive or destructive. When this happens, we tend to have our emotions tampered with and this may affect our day to day activities.
Here is a list of what to do whenever criticism comes knocking at the door:
·
Learn To Stop Criticism From Hurting You:

Major General Smedly Butler, one of the most decorated generals of the United States Marines, said “I have been berated and insulted and denounced as a yellow dog, a snake and a skunk. I have been cursed by the experts. I have been called every possible combination of unprintable cuss words in the English Language. Bother me? Huh! When I hear somebody cussing me now, I never turned my head to see who is talking”
We should all know that people are not thinking about me and you or caring about what is said about us. They are thinking about themselves. They would be a million times more concerned about the slightest cut on their flesh than they would about the news of your death or mine.
So, to avoid been let down from criticism, we should do the very best we can and ‘put up our old umbrella and keep the rain of criticism from running down the back of our necks’ because “You will be criticized, you will be damned if you do what you feel in your heart is right and be damned if damned if you don’t” Eleanor Roosevelt said

·
Remember That No One Kicks A Dead Dog
In 1929, when Robert Hutchins was made the president of the University of Chicago at age 30, criticism came running down upon the ‘baby wonder’ like a rockslide. Everyone questioned his age, experience and educational ideas, even the newspapers joined in the criticism.
On his inauguration day, a friend to his father, R.M Hutchins, told him “I was shocked this morning when I read that newspaper editorial denouncing your son”
“Yeah, it was severe, but REMEMBER THAT NO ONE KICKS A DEAD DOG”
Whenever you are being faced kicked and criticized, remember that it gives your kicker a feeling of importance for kicking you. It means that you have aroused envy and jealousy. It also means that you are accomplishing something and are worthy of attention. Many people get a sense of savage satisfaction out of criticizing those who are more educated or successful than they are.

· Be Your Own Critic

Why not ask yourself these four basic questions?
*What mistake have I made?
*What did I do that was right?
*In what way could I have improved?
*IN what way can I learn from the experiment?
Having answered these questions analytically and honestly, you’d feel the need for improvement in all our dealings.
“Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day. Wisdom consist in not exceeding the limit”
The small man flies into a rage over the slightest criticism, but the wise man is eager to learn to learn from those who have censured and reproved him and disputed the passage with him” said Elbert Hubbard.
Instead of waiting for our critics to criticize us, our work, let’s beat them to it. Let’s find out and remedy all our weaknesses before our critics even get the chance to say a word.
When Charles Darwin finished writing the manuscript of his immortal book, The Origin of Species, he realized that its publication would rock the religious and intellectual world. So, he became his own critic and spent another fifteen years checking his data, challenging his reasoning and criticizing his conclusions.

I believe that these points, if properly harnessed, will help us live a life free from worry of criticism

https://cmreel..com.ng/2017/08/do-these-and-criticism-will-never-trail.html

cc lalasticlala
mynd44

Re: Do These And Criticism Will Never Trail You by squash47(m): 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
L
Re: Do These And Criticism Will Never Trail You by Boooooooooni: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
squash47:
L
L for learner?
Re: Do These And Criticism Will Never Trail You by squash47(m): 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
Boooooooooni:
L for learner?
Space booking

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank Nigeria Fast-track Intensive Graduate Program (ENG-FIGP) 2017 / "Banking And Finance" Project Topics And Materials / fgh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.