Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,624 members, 7,911,637 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:28 PM

A Mini Hilux Carrying Members Of Vigilante Group Conveying Goats In Niger State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Mini Hilux Carrying Members Of Vigilante Group Conveying Goats In Niger State (530 Views)

Fulani Boys Caught Stealing Goats In Kwara State (Pics) / DSP, Okada Riders Steal Goats In Benue, Arrested & Beaten / Man Escapes Death At The Hands Of Vigilante Member A Week To His Wedding.Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mini Hilux Carrying Members Of Vigilante Group Conveying Goats In Niger State by chidiezeh(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
I got out of home along London street area 2 Minna Niger state to get some stuff from the near by retail shop then I met a friend and we got talking.

In no more than five minutes into our bromance, a convoy consisting of a mini hilux carrying members of some Vigilante group ( en banga as they are famously known) and some other men who weren't putting on any sort of uniform and without any form of identification and a huge truck which appears to be conveying goats and rams drove past us and stopped some few metres in front of a house in the middle of the street.

A rare sight of event which we all thought was normal because even men of the inland revenue and urban Development board do venture into this style turned out to be an ambush on peoples goats and rams. As we sat back and clearly observed, these men some of whom were not on uniform started laying siege on every goat and ram on sight. Even the ones that were tied in front of people's homes weren't spared.

I quickly brought out my phone and started recording footage of the scene of action. I was barely 20seconds into the recording when one of them noticed my action and alerted the others and a load bunch of them immediately started yelling and making advances towards me. I was covered in the darkness of there mob, each of them calling for me to handover my phone. One of them even tried to squeeze the phone out of my hand and lucky enough I had a lot of people who rushed out of their homes and shops who came and shielded me from them. Even bypassers and spectators who knew me very well jump into my defence from all corners.

when it became apparent they were outnumbered, they withdrew forces, entered their car and drove off without taking down the goats they took.

There was something I noticed, their faces were all filled with guilt and timidity and it made me venture into the thinking they were not doing this by anybody's authority. If at all it was a legitimate action then why were they angered and scared of me using my phone to video?? Why did they showed so much interest in taking my phone from me.?

this kind of blatant repression, fraud and injustice should be condemned and am calling on anyone who has the capacity to stop this to step in. I challenge my facebook friends to keep sharing this till it get to the right authority. Something doesn't seem right about this. We should have someone on the higher hierarchy (a respected figure) who can give a good account of their actions. Jonathan T Vatsa

The footage below shows some part of the incidence I just narrated and also pictures from the scene.

#Nigeria

Re: A Mini Hilux Carrying Members Of Vigilante Group Conveying Goats In Niger State by Josephjnr(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
They arrested the goats for indecent sex punishable by death in the pot and burial in the mouth.

1 Like

Re: A Mini Hilux Carrying Members Of Vigilante Group Conveying Goats In Niger State by optional1(f): 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
rest in peace in advance to all the sheeps/rams that will end their earthly lives on 1st September..
Re: A Mini Hilux Carrying Members Of Vigilante Group Conveying Goats In Niger State by Siddeek: 5:56am On Aug 26, 2017
Lol

(1) (Reply)

British Tourist Found Dead After Falling From A Hotel Window / Libya Deports 139 Nigerians Again – NEMA / One Nigerian Among Three Drug Dealers Held, 5 Kg Heroin Seized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.