Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,693 members, 7,882,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals (836 Views)

Nigerians Made The Mistake Of Voting For Buhari - Fayose / "I Will Release 11 Damaging Pictures Of Sick President Buhari" – Fayose / Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by Johnnyessence(m): 2:10am On Aug 26, 2017
The Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, said that he could not abandon a planned event to attend an ‘impromptu’ meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja. The governor was apparently reacting to insinuations that he shunned Friday’s meeting between the president and some governors.

In a series of tweets, Mr. Fayose said he received the invitation to the meeting with the president, while preparation for his traditional installation as the Apesin of Ado Ekiti was in top gear adding that “he could not have abandoned his guests for an impromptu meeting with the president.”
“For those insinuating that I shunned the president’s meeting with governors, I didn’t. I had my installation as Apesin of Ado Ekiti slated for today.
“Guests were already in Ekiti since yesterday for the chieftaincy title installation before I received notice of the meeting with the President.
“There was no how I could have abandoned the people here in Ado Ekiti for the impromptu meeting with the President,’’ Mr. Fayose said in the tweets.
Apart from meeting with the state governors, Mr. Buhari also met with the leadership of the two major parties, APC and PDP, behind closed doors at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The meeting was attended by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, chairman of the APC, John Odigie-Oyegun, and the caretaker chairman of the PDP, Ahmed Makarfi.
source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/08/why-i-did-not-attend-governors-meeting.html

Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by belente(m): 2:14am On Aug 26, 2017
Ok my able governor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:18am On Aug 26, 2017
Despite narrating his side of the story, haters will still hate and wailers will keep on wailing.

Ride on, man of the people!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by Tolexander: 3:20am On Aug 26, 2017
Damage control!

Govs Fayose of Ekiti State and Dankwambo of Gombe State were both present at the conferment of chieftaincy title on them by the Ewi of Ado Ekiti, as Apesin and Akinmuagun resp. of Ado Ekiti.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/breakingvideo-buhari-currently-closed-door-meeting-fayose-35-govs/

Going by the report, 35 state governors were present. Nigeria has 36 state governors, and Fayose was the only absent governor. Meaning Governor Adamma Dankwambo also attended the meeting with PMB in Abuja, after leaving the chieftaincy title conferment in Ado Ekiti which Fayose was also part of.

The fact remains that Fayose didn't and was not interested in attending the meeting. If it was a PDP stakeholders' meeting in Abuja, would he have decided not attending the meeting in Abuja cos of the chieftaincy title?

Fayose himself knows he has gone too far against PMB and will find every means to avoid any meeting with him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by KingBelieve: 3:32am On Aug 26, 2017
You get time self to explain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by Johnnyessence(m): 3:39am On Aug 26, 2017
Lalasticla fp.
Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by thesicilian: 3:40am On Aug 26, 2017
Bobbyjay001:
Despite narrating his side of the story, haters will still hate and wailers will keep on wailing.

Ride on, man of the people!
We know which kind of people he's a man of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 26, 2017
Before i comment , What was the agenda of the meeting ?
Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by chukwuibuipob: 3:42am On Aug 26, 2017
sad sad i won't support Fayose until he commit suicide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by Mynd44: 6:02am On Aug 26, 2017
Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by sathel(m): 6:11am On Aug 26, 2017
Fayose dey fear grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by Johnnyessence(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2017
Tolexander:
Damage control!

Govs Fayose of Ekiti State and Dankwambo of Gombe State were both present at the conferment of chieftaincy title on them by the Ewi of Ado Ekiti, as Apesin and Akinmuagun resp. of Ado Ekiti.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/breakingvideo-buhari-currently-closed-door-meeting-fayose-35-govs/

Going by the report, 35 state governors were present. Nigeria has 36 state governors, and Fayose was the only absent governor. Meaning Governor Adamma Dankwambo also attended the meeting with PMB in Abuja, after leaving the chieftaincy title conferment in Ado Ekiti which Fayose was also part of.

The fact remains that Fayose didn't and was not interested in attending the meeting. If it was a PDP stakeholders' meeting in Abuja, would he have decided not attending the meeting in Abuja cos of the chieftaincy title?

Fayose himself knows he has gone too far against PMB and will find every means to avoid any meeting with him.
fayose the jagaban of ekiti has spoken. Fayemi is lowering his voice now.
Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:32am On Aug 26, 2017
Then u re right.
Re: Why I Did Not Attend Governors Meeting With Buhari – Fayose Reveals by Kulas: 9:41am On Aug 26, 2017
Fayose u even get time to talk to this confused direction less President.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari / Jamb Caps Update / Boko Haram: 10 Killed As Suicide Bombers Attack Mosque In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.