Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,211 members, 7,873,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) (28680 Views)

Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Twins After 7 Years [photo] / Mother's Reaction On Seeing Her Son After 5 Years In Canada (Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Minna After 17 Years (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by guiddoti: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
For the child to survive evil men in Lagos, he surely will survive Abuja n Kastina combined. You are saved, never go wayward again.
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Ademoore07(m): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
madridguy:
Very touching. Am happy for the family. Good the mother use are real name with correct spelling on her facebook profile.

Lesson to others, your name is Zainab Oluchi Omolola but you change it to Olori wire wire, I shake my head for you in advance tongue

U make sense bro grin
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by hamzeiy: 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
segunbrown:
A dead child is better than a lost child.
i never knew the meaning of those words until we lost a freind in school. a very smart intelligent student just disappeared. when the parent came to school looking for him all the way from lagos to minna, i could see the pain and comfusion in the eyez of the mother.from police stations to mortuary every avenue have been exhusted buth this guy still havent been found. our set has since graduated at 2013 yet abdulsalam a then first class student at 300 lvl is no where to be found. till date we still talk and ask questions about him.
the last time we saw him he took his laptop from gk hostel on his way to a freind at off campus bosso to collect movies. he never got there neither did he came back.
At times we wonder weather to say rest in peace abdulsalam or what?
a dead child is truelly better than a lost one.

10 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by baby124: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
This boy ran away from home for a reason. How he got to Lagos does not make sense. Where is this beach filled with corpses? It doesn't exist. Either he has mental problem or he ran away from home to Lagos seeking adventure. I hope no one was also abusing him at home. The mother needs to speak with him well to find out the truth of why he left home.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by hamzeiy: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
eflintsone:
are u this daft ??
you have a low i.q abd thats way you cant simply understand a statement without giving it a literal meaning.
am not a yoruba person but i do understand and accept the meaning of those words of his.probably youre thinking of the story the op quoted but in this case the boy was found later gratefully.

you wont know the pain of a lost child untill it happens close to you. you would always be searching for him knowingly or unknowingly until the end of your own time. a pain of lost and a hope that might never be achieved.
its terrible

8 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by HMZi: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
zinachidi:
wtf bro? Wtf.
THINK DEEPER ABOUT THE STATEMENT BEFORE YOU RUSH INTO CONCLUSIONS....a child who is dead can be buried and mourned,it ensures closesure but a missing child just keeps the parents on an endless journey of agony

6 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Ishilove: 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
segunbrown:
This is so deep and poignant.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Ishilove: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
HMZi:
THINK DEEPER ABOUT THE STATEMENT BEFORE YOU RUSH INTO CONCLUSIONS....a child who is dead can be buried and mourned,it ensures closesure but a missing child just keeps the parents on an endless journey of agony
Painful but true
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by zinachidi(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
Brooke60:
that's Yoruba provable. Its better you know your child is dead rather than looking for a lot child where you don't know the whereabouts
ashjay001:

As much as we dont wish it, I prefer to live in sorrow over d death of my son, than to live d rest of my life wondering wtf he is or wtf happened to him!

Omo mi ku, osan ju omo mi so nu lo!
HMZi:
jidemoh:

Stop fretting bro! What he said is a Yoruba proverb and it fits the situation here. It is better to know ur child is dead than for the child to be missing. The trauma of a missing child is worse than that of a dead one.
HMZi:
I don't agree. That's the most shitty proverb I've heard. So u want to tell me its better to know for certain your child is dead, than for u to have hope?
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by HMZi: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
zinachidi:
I don't agree. That's the most shitty proverb I've heard. So u want to tell me its better to know for certain your child is dead, than for u to have hope?
SHALLOW MINDED I SEE!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
HMZi:

just think of any of the still to be rescued chibok girls

their poor parents will not know peace
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by HMZi: 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
oyb:

just think of any of the still to be rescued chibok girls
their poor parents will not know peace
EXACTLY..Its so traumatizing
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by leemonster(m): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
welcome home sule
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
zinachidi:
a lost child take your time, money and emotion, a dead child takes your emotion.
The reality of seeing the child fades off daily, while the hope remains the same thus increasing the emotional pains.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by ashjay001(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
zinachidi:

I read a story recently, abt a new tenant(3days old, no contact details), who walked away with 3kids under 5yrs!

I weeped for them! Where do u start d search? The mental anguish will be indescribable! Hope of what? Whats d probablity that those kids would be found?

With death, u might have a semblance of closure, but with a disappearance, u wake up everyday for d rest of ur life, wondering what he ate, how he slept, how does he look like, running from babalawo to church(even when u know dey cant help u), and praying to even see him just one more time.

U might not get it sha, but d proverb is not shitty!

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by dabuzzy433: 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
oya now!
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Realhommie(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
zinachidi:
You obviously can't relate, too bad.. But i can tell you for a fact that proverb isn't shitty, it's #WordsOnMarble..

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Connoisseur(m): 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
I wouldn't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I think there is more to this story.

He woke up in a beach full of corpses.
He had the mental capacity to go into the town to search for jobs.
To make friends with people and squat with them.
Knew his mother's name and family details.
He lived a sheltered live so he had some basic education. He could write a CV and a job application.
But
He don't realise he has been a victim of a crime and should report to the police station.
Could send a friend request to his mother but could send a photo and tag her.
There a lot of things this boy could do in a week to save him and his family the trauma they passed for three years.

Unless he had amnesia as a result of the trauma he passed through, this story doesn't add up.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by emmysexxy(f): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
- - - -
It's end of my first day of school... Miss Ugo asks us to hug each other.

I don't like hugs because it is always always painful. I don't know why we have to hug even in school.

I didn't want to disobey Miss Ugo and become a bad pupil.

So I turned away from the class and began to remove my clothes.
After removing my clothes and also my pants, I looked around for a clean space to lie down.
I found a space, laid down and spread my legs wide open. I wondered why everyone is taking time to get ready for 'hug'. Someone has to take the lead I guess.

My teacher didn't look very pleased, judging from her expression... Some of the kids covered their faces.

"poor kids" I thought, still lying on the floor.

"they don't even know what a hug is" I continued in my head of course.

My teacher is approaching me, she looks angry now. I could tell because her cheeks are red. My mum's face is usually that red whenever she is Washing my body and I tell her my "Bum Bum" Is paining me. So my mum will get angry and her cheeks will turn red, sometimes she will cry and not say anything.

I don't want my teacher to cry, so I got up. I'm beginning to get worried because I am still the only person who has no clothes on.

I still can't understand why my whole class does not know what a hug is or how to do it.

Well this once, maybe this once I have to believe my daddy. "This is a special kind of hugs Lucy" he would say amidst sweats. "It's only for special girls" he would continue.

Maybe I really am special.

"Here! Put on your clothes and follow me" Miss Ugo shrieked angrily.

In our proprietress's office. I told "Big mummy" (That's what they told us to call her) and Miss Ugo how my daddy hugs me every other night.

They were both in tears as I tell them that, the only part of hugs that I hated the most is when my daddy tries out his fingers one after the other until one fits inside my bumbum.

It's already school over and my daddy will be mad if I don't wait in my class like he had instructed.

Big mummy gives Miss Ugo a look, she picks up her desk phone and dials a number. Miss Ugo takes me outside and puts her arm around me... It felt so good.

"That is a hug" Miss Ugo whispers and breaks down in tears again.

"How can this be a hug? It wasn't painful " I thought.

My daddy is around and Miss Ugo asks him to see Big mummy. Shortly after, 2 police officers comes in and enters big mummy's office.

I can hear myself talk from big mummy's cell phone. I sounded so funny, I let out a light chuckle.
The police comes out of big mummy's office with my father. His hands are tied behind his back. He looks angry. I know I am in trouble.

We didn't go home. We went to the hospital in big mummy's car. Miss Ugo was beside me the whole time until the Doctor asks me to follow him. He removes my pant, collects torchlight from the nurse and looks into my bum bum. I closed my eyes expecting pains but he doesn't put his fingers inside. He puts off the light and talks to the nurse who jots down what he said. He helps me wear my pant and takes me back to meet big mummy and miss Ugo.

Back in Big Mummy's car, miss Ugo calls out our address for Big mummy.

We get to my house and my mum comes out. She doesn't say anything as usual. She just brings out a big placard that reads "I AM DEAF and ALSO DUMB"

Big mummy and miss Ugo started crying again. I have had enough so I joined them to cry and my mum followed suit.
SAD STORY OF A MOLESTED CHILD!
Let's protect our girl children!
���

1 Like

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Ryabcool(m): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
zinachidi:
wtf bro? Wtf.
Trust me, there is truth in that statement. If your child is lost, you will never know what to think. No rest, no sleep. But a dead child? You can at least have closure and try to move on.
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by kruusy: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
non of d two situation is of any better.... having my kids and taking care of them is what I wish for......but people get heart oh
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by 1metre: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
emmysexxy:
- - - -
It's end of my first day of school... Miss Ugo asks us to hug each other.

I don't like hugs because it is always always painful. I don't know why we have to hug even in school.

I didn't want to disobey Miss Ugo and become a bad pupil.

So I turned away from the class and began to remove my clothes.
After removing my clothes and also my pants, I looked around for a clean space to lie down.
I found a space, laid down and spread my legs wide open. I wondered why everyone is taking time to get ready for 'hug'. Someone has to take the lead I guess.

My teacher didn't look very pleased, judging from her expression... Some of the kids covered their faces.

"poor kids" I thought, still lying on the floor.

"they don't even know what a hug is" I continued in my head of course.

My teacher is approaching me, she looks angry now. I could tell because her cheeks are red. My mum's face is usually that red whenever she is Washing my body and I tell her my "Bum Bum" Is paining me. So my mum will get angry and her cheeks will turn red, sometimes she will cry and not say anything.

I don't want my teacher to cry, so I got up. I'm beginning to get worried because I am still the only person who has no clothes on.

I still can't understand why my whole class does not know what a hug is or how to do it.

Well this once, maybe this once I have to believe my daddy. "This is a special kind of hugs Lucy" he would say amidst sweats. "It's only for special girls" he would continue.

Maybe I really am special.

"Here! Put on your clothes and follow me" Miss Ugo shrieked angrily.

In our proprietress's office. I told "Big mummy" (That's what they told us to call her) and Miss Ugo how my daddy hugs me every other night.

They were both in tears as I tell them that, the only part of hugs that I hated the most is when my daddy tries out his fingers one after the other until one fits inside my bumbum.

It's already school over and my daddy will be mad if I don't wait in my class like he had instructed.

Big mummy gives Miss Ugo a look, she picks up her desk phone and dials a number. Miss Ugo takes me outside and puts her arm around me... It felt so good.

"That is a hug" Miss Ugo whispers and breaks down in tears again.

"How can this be a hug? It wasn't painful " I thought.

My daddy is around and Miss Ugo asks him to see Big mummy. Shortly after, 2 police officers comes in and enters big mummy's office.

I can hear myself talk from big mummy's cell phone. I sounded so funny, I let out a light chuckle.
The police comes out of big mummy's office with my father. His hands are tied behind his back. He looks angry. I know I am in trouble.

We didn't go home. We went to the hospital in big mummy's car. Miss Ugo was beside me the whole time until the Doctor asks me to follow him. He removes my pant, collects torchlight from the nurse and looks into my bum bum. I closed my eyes expecting pains but he doesn't put his fingers inside. He puts off the light and talks to the nurse who jots down what he said. He helps me wear my pant and takes me back to meet big mummy and miss Ugo.

Back in Big Mummy's car, miss Ugo calls out our address for Big mummy.

We get to my house and my mum comes out. She doesn't say anything as usual. She just brings out a big placard that reads "I AM DEAF and ALSO DUMB"

Big mummy and miss Ugo started crying again. I have had enough so I joined them to cry and my mum followed suit.
SAD STORY OF A MOLESTED CHILD!
Let's protect our girl children!
���
this your news does not correlate with the subject on discourse.
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
I am sorry to say but I'm picking some holes in the boy's story:

1. When he came to conciousness, he said he was on a pile of dead bodies at a beach some without limbs or head. Yet he stayed back at the same beach without fear of arrest by the police.
2. When he realized he was in Lagos, couldn't he have gone to a police station to identify himself and tell them of his abduction story?
3. Couldn't he remember his parents' phone numbers to enable him call them and inform of his whereabout?
4. He claimed he couldn't call cos he didn't have a phone but are there no call centres scattered around where he lived for 3 years?

So many questions begging for answers. I just hope the parents will take time to ask their son pertinent questions cos it doesn't smell right at all. I rejoice with them though that they found him.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by delpee(f): 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
TINALETC3:
Tank God, let dis b a point of contact 4 anybody out dere luking 4 dia missing luved ones, God wl do it again.
#patience

Amen!
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by YOUNGKAHUNA: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
uzoormah:

my brother u dnt have sense
lol,that's a yoruba proverb. You really don't know the trauma of waiting patiently for a lost son. It's better a dead child to a lost one

1 Like

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by seankay(m): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
He should sell his story to Nollywood I swear the movie go enter part 4 "missing Son"

1 Like

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by sorepco(m): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
Men..i literally cried.....but tears of joy!! What a hapi ending

Mrjo:
Boy God saved you, imagine from abuja to lagos evil people everywhere
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by GooseBaba: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
Something is amiss here..."on a pile of dead bodies with missing limba. On a beach in Lagos....hmmm..

1 Like

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by Damzy624(m): 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by uboma(m): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
segunbrown:

I understand your point of view bro.

The pains experienced by relatives over a missing loved one is excruciating.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) by raphy(m): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
very touching indeed i have to read it twice to knw how a.mother can lose a child like tht.
Facebook have been united families since it began. I met all my old school class mate there.its good to register with ur real name not a fake name.I registered with my RSL name in all my social media platform.

the guys need to thank God he wasn't use for money ritual all these yrs ppl are wickef they must HV known the mother or Father.
stories tht touches d heart.

happy weekend ppl.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt / My Colleague's Husband Stresses His Wife Daily / My Husband Starves Me Of Sex – Pregnant Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.