Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,219 members, 7,884,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:17 AM

Jessica's Tears. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jessica's Tears. (759 Views)

Jessica's Tears. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
The night was dark like the pit of hell. Jessica was on her bed twirling and winding like a fish wince from the pond, then, Suddenly, so suddenly she found herself in the hospital in front of a doctor.

"Madam, you're two weeks pregnant " The doctor announced.

"What? " She asked surprised.

This was indeed a shocking news... She never anticipated it.... But was the doctor teasing her? How could she be pregnant now? She thought to herself. Seven years.... good seven years of her marriage, no child, not even a sign of miscarriage.

"Pregnant? " she asked again to reassured herself.

"Yes madam " the doctor assured her.

This was an extraordinary news. She was obviously overjoyed.... in fact, her joy knew no bound....She was going to prove to her enemies especially her mother in-law ,that she was a "real woman". Yes! she would go out now and announce to all who care to listen that she was now a complete woman....that she was going to be a mother.

Now, she stood up without saying a word to the doctor, perhaps, the Joy of her pregnancy had overpowered her ability to talk.. She moved out of the Doctor's office and got into her Peugeot 407. On her way home, she almost collided with a truck on the highway. Her Jehovah really saved her... she would have made an unimaginable accident ,yet the good news of her pregnancy had beclouded her mind so much so that she never came to realization that she had narrowly escaped accident that would have claimed her life.

On reaching home, she saw her husband.... a short man with a pot belly, he was as black as charcoal.... now, she rushed to congratulate him for a job well done and as a potential father, to embrace him, leaping with happiness, shouting in near ecstasy.

"Darling, I'm pregnant " she said happily.

But her husband? not so with him, his face rather was set in a stony, expressionless mask as he turned away from his wife who was dashing to envelop him. She was shocked by his response. What was the matter with him? could she have offended him in anyway?

"Darling, I'm pregnant and this calls for celebration "

she said again trying to force him to smile but he didn't.... instead, he gave her a powerful slap which forced her into a wild shout that suddenly woke her up from sleep.

To be continued.......

Your comments and criticisms are welcome.... thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jessica's Tears. by Godmother(f): 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
This looks promising. *Grabs seat*

Meanwhile checkout my signature for stories on topical women issues.

1 Like

Re: Jessica's Tears. by Piuzz(m): 11:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
*buy popcorn and dash for d front sit*eh eh Godmother am nw comfortable abeg continue

1 Like

Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2017
Jessica was in her sitting room watching a programme on the television, then she saw her door flung open... It was her mother-in-law together with a young lady holding a kind of bag Nigerians called GHANA MUST GO.She hold the bag so tightly as if her life depended on it.

"Mama, you're welcome "

Jessica said but her mother-in-law ignored her.

"welcome my daughter..... this is your new home " Her mother-in-law was talking to the lady the came together.

"Yes, this is your new home " she said again but this time she was staring at Jessica as if the message was for her.

"my daughter, bring your bag let me show you your room "

she said and took the lady to the bedroom. Jessica stood there speechless wondering what was going on. then a moment later, she returned and clear her throat to make a formal introduction.

"This is Amanda, my son's new wife... she came to give him what you failed to give him for the pass seven years".

Jessica was still speechless.... what was this woman up to to? she asked herself. A wife.....a second wife?.... she looked at her mother-in-law and then to lady and then thought to herself.

"No! I'm not going to say anything..... I'm not going to exchange with her... I'll wait for him... yes! wait for my husband to give me a better explanation.... If he's aware of this.... yes! I'll wait him".

With this thought, she went into her bedroom, took her purse and walked out.

******************************×**********************×

Jessica was driving around British American road... there was a heavy traffic... it took her almost twenty minutes to pass the traffic but as soon as she passed, her car developed a problem.... there was a strange sound coming from the engine. she managed to drove the car off the road to look for a mechanic and fortunately, she got one nearby. the mechanic started to work on the car and Jessica stood beside the road waiting.... then, an ash colour Camry car was passing and the driver catched the glimpse of Jessica through his mirror. he suddenly slammed his foot down the brake and the car screeched to a halt.

"Jessica? " he murmured to himself.

He moved out of the car and went to Jessica. Jessica opened her mouth in utter dismayed .In front of her was Cudjoe, Young, tall, handsome, well dressed and well ground man. she was speechless, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Jessica "
Cudjoe broke the lingering silence. she smiled and he too smiled. they hug each other, then she lifted her eyes and they beamed into his:

"Cudjoe..... oh my Cudjoe.... you are still beautiful "

she said. But beautiful? of course, beautiful! it wasn't a slip of tongue.... beautiful was the right word not because cudjoe looked more of a woman but handsome would not give a better compliment. But was it truly a compliment? was the expression not of admiration than compliment? Oh no! she realized she was beginning to fall to this man once again after so many years after he left her..... beside, she was now a married woman... she must end this conversation now. she thought to herself. she looked around for an excuse and thank God the mechanic was coming toward them.

"Madam, I'm done.... the car is ready " The mechanic said.

"ok" she said and turned to Cudjoe.

" Cudjoe, I'm very sorry.., but I'm in a hurry now.... maybe next time " She said and made to go but cudjoe hold her back.

"I'm sorry Jessi.... I know you are angry with me for abandoning you but please give me chance to explain myself "

He said and looked around.

"well, I think this is not a conducive place to talk.... this is my card..... I work in Abuja but I come to Jos for a business trip.... I stays at crest hotel, rayfield.,. please come over there, let's talk..... please, room 24..."

In truth, she had loved this Man and maybe she is still in love with him but now she belonged to another man and honoring his invitation as a married woman and in an hotel for that matter is unthinkable, unacceptable. It's better to tell him now that she was not going to honor his invitation because she was a married woman but before she could say anything..... Cudjoe continued....

"Another reason for accepting this contract in JOS, despite other options somewhere is for you, to look for you and fulfill the promise and long made for you "

Her bright eyes glistened at him. the feelings was still there, there in her eyes. But was Thomas Hardy wrong when he says : "Past was past.... whatever it had been, it was no more, whatever it's consequences, time would close over them, they would all in a few years be as if they had never been.,..... " Ah! Hardy could be right but was wrong in Jessica's case. Hers was an undying feelings, time would not close over them not even now that the man was right there before her.

"Jessi, I'll be glad to see you again..... hope You'll honor my invitation? "
"OK.... it's OK " she said.

But it was a reluctant answer..... not that type from the heart but cudjoe was satisfied with that. He smiled, she too smiled but hers was a sort of a lying smile.

To be continued..........
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2017
I hope you are following?
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2017

This is somewhat disappointing
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
What makes it disappointing Bro?

(1) (Reply)

The Python And The Dance: The Temptations Of Okolobia Agu / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Habits That Are Can Weaken Your Great Talents / The Amazing Power Of Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.