Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,631 members, 7,951,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:26 PM

We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye (1063 Views)

Buhari Has Failed Nigeria – Northern Elders Forum / David Dafinone Is Dead! Nigeria Senator In Guinness Book Of Records Dies / Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by lukotony(m): 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
The Senator representing Kogi West senatorial district, Dino Melaye, has admitted that he and the political elite have failed Nigeria and her teeming youths.
Melaye stated this while speaking at The Osasu Show Symposium in Abuja in Friday,.
The lawmaker said politics being played by the elite, was responsible for poverty and hunger in Nigeria, and both ills have no political party.
Melaye, who spoke as one of the panelists at the symposium themed “The new economy and its impact on less priviledge citizens”, said government must build public trust to curb societal ills.
“When you speak the truth, you die, when you lie, you die; so it is better to speak the truth and die. I may sound very unpopular but I will speak the truth. Apart from militocracy, politics is responsible for poverty and hunger in Nigeria,” Melaye said.
“Unfortunately, we the leaders, myself inclusive, have failed this nation and have failed the younger generation, myself inclusive. The reason why we are where we are today is beacuse there is a disconnect between leadership and followership.

“As I speak to you, the problem why we are where we are is because of trust. There is no trust between the governed and those governing.

“Once there is no trust between the followership and the leadership, it will definitely have a negative concomitant effect on the economy, and every other facet of our national life.”

“Hunger and poverty have no political party, hunger and poverty have no religion. To have brought people to discuss on the line of APC or PDP is not correct, because the poor PDP man and the poor APC man all go to the same market.

“What we should fix is democracy; Democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people. What we have is greediocracy; government of the greedy by the greedy, for the greedy.

“We the leaders want to win elections at all cost, so we spend money to win elections. The followership also is greedy, they accept money to vote. So, head or tail, there is a need for attitudinal change and this is affecting everything.”

“Today, we are talking about recovery of our economy, we are talking about poverty and how to fight it. The only way to fight poverty is for we leaders to build trust among the people.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/26/failed-nigeria-senator-dino-melaye/

1 Like

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by policy12: 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
....Hmmm don't worry 2019 loading. Looters every where and greediocracy.
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by sarrki(m): 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
All of you

I mean all of you

Aside few individuals
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by Sprumbabafather: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
Chronic failures of APC.

Especially the one who uses our scarce forex to treat himself in Mama Charlie country.

1 Like

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by cyril83(m): 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
Too early for strategy, 2019 is still far.
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by cyril83(m): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by Nutase: 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
sad
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by aolawale025: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
Easily the most reasonable statement from Dino in recent times

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by VoltageDivida(m): 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
You have failed me. I actually expected worse.
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by omenkaLives(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
Dino and his co-criminals have failed Nigeria, there's no doubt about that.

What I find disgusting is that when these crooks wanna own up, they will NEVER PERSONALISE their failure!

Dino, you'd make more sense to us if you say, "I HAVE FAILED NIGERIANS AND MY CONSTITUENCY!"

We've had enough of your tricks and attempts to dilute your obvious inadequacies by making flippant generalisations.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by omenkaLives(m): 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
Op, create paragraphs to make this more legible.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, ngwanu, fp.
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by tens4real(m): 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
WE SHALL ALL SURPRISE THEM COME 2019

1 Like

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by Sijo01(f): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
You and your goons should take a bow from politics and give the youths a chance.

1 Like

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by Sprumbabafather: 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:

What I find disgusting is that when these crooks wanna own up, they will NEVER PERSONALISE their failure!

Dino, you'd make more sense to us if you say, "I HAVE FAILED NIGERIANS AND MY CONSTITUENCY!"

We've had enough of your tricks and attempts to dilute your obvious inadequacies by making flippant generalisations.

Rubbish.

But, how can Dino own up alone, when he is not the guy who wasted £££ in Mama Charlie country just to treat himself. Is that one not failure?
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by headhunter1: 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:

Rubbish.
[/s]
Nonsense trash
terrorist Buhari have failed mankind

1 Like

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by Basic123: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
headhunter1:
[s][/s] Nonsense trash terrorist Buhari have failed mankind
This one is believe dino melaye didnt fail anybody

if we find out wella,he will be biafran....cheesy
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by headhunter1: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
[s]
Basic123:

This one is believe dino melaye didnt fail anybody

if we find out wella,he will be biafran....cheesy
[/s]
more trash

1 Like

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by Basic123: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
headhunter1:
[s][/s] more trash
Do more!,na yIGBO people way...cheesy
Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by headhunter1: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
[s]
Basic123:

Do more!,na yIGBO people way...cheesy
[/s]
Nonsense trash

1 Like

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by Basic123: 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2017
headhunter1:
[s][/s] Nonsense trash

Re: We Have Failed Nigeria – Senator Dino Melaye by mpianya39(m): 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
Y

(1) (Reply)

Corruption Is Behind Agitation For Biafra - Magu / Gej, Pmb Who Will You Give Your Company To control? / Orji Kalu: President Buhari Can Win 75% Of Igbo Vote In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.