Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,826 members, 7,966,056 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 08:15 AM

Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form (1861 Views)

I Guess You Dont Know The Reason Why Keyboard’s ‘F’ And ‘J’ Keys Have Raised Rid / Pic:i Presently Cannot Like Or Share Comments. What Cud B Wrong? / Computer Raised Floors Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
The Wankel Search aggregator is now ready for use:
This is very different from the initial site and comes out with a better layout and design with advanced accuracy of search results.
Log on to:
www.thewankel.com

Wankel offers its first 1000 users to register online wonderful gifts. Register here now at:
www.thewankel.com/member/sign_up

Pls Note:
All the comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form i.e wankel.bravehost.com
But now it is better and more attractive.

Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by Akebulan: 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2010
lol i searched for my name on there, and it came up smiley I'll be sure to use it again
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by Horus(m): 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2010
A Nigerian Made Search Engine with Euro-American Adds ?
Where are the African Adds?
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2010
Contact,
contact the Wankel team via email at:
yustrup@boxbe.com

Pls support this search engine (invite others) to serve u better Thanks!
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by DualCore1: 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2010
I don't say this to discourage anyone but this is totally pointless in my opinion.

All this does is generate google search results! Its clearly written "Google Custom Search".

Now why will I spend 40 seconds waiting for this to load when I can just google it str8 up?

Most modern browsers have even taken it a step further to add search toolbars.

How is this a "Nigerian Made Search Engine"?
What was made in Nigeria? The Wankel logo that was put on the search engine script?

C'mon people!
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 21, 2010
^^^^

look at this hater

what have u ever made in your life

pull him down is all nigerians know

i am just kidding - but this is what comes next
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 21, 2010
It has google written all over it, how is it nigerian? xxxx.bravehost.com. Newbie just cloned someones stuff, hosted it free with bravehost, feels cool about it, and decided to show himself online, even went as far as labeling it 'nigerian'. nonsense
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by DualCore1: 11:13am On Feb 21, 2010
oyb:

^^^^

look at this hater

what have u ever made in your life

pull him down is all nigerians know

i am just kidding - but this is what comes next
Na so naw.
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by semid4lyfe(m): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2010
Lol, see haters
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by puskin: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2010
^ ^ It ain't hating. DC just did a reality check.
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by semid4lyfe(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2010
puskin:

^ ^ It ain't hating. DC just did a reality check.
Shey u no know se I dey joke ni?
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by Phony200(m): 7:44am On Feb 22, 2010
lol. me i no dey joke. bad bad ppl, all dey do is call a spade a spade. imagine dc seeing dis for wt it rily was. wt a bad man. op, don't mind them jor. i will call you for "negotiations" today today. you too try cheesy cheesy
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by ogbongzky(m): 6:46am On Feb 25, 2010
Nigeria search engine indeed grin, Anyway. u try sha, at least, with your concept, u just get more traffic to the site. Cheers bro.
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by stancozy(m): 8:36am On Feb 25, 2010
mehn this one LOUD hoo :O but thanks for the free hosting site wink
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2010
Thank you all for your comment and contribution. We are looking forward to getting more comments from you!
You can always subscribe to our daily updates on weird and strange fact for free at http://www.wankelsearch..com
Thanks!
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2010
Download our branded Wankel logo on your computer system and mobile phones.
Support us by sharing this information around!
Thanks for all your comments, This brings out the best in us to serve you better.
With Wankel life is interesting, educative coupled with strange facts!

Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by ishoras(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2010
Hello Guys,

I just want to introduce u to my website, where u can Submit/Read various articles on Nigeria. Please visit: www.nairaarticles.com
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2010
It's new and better, you can get to view daily updated interesting and strange facts while searching on the Wankel search engine.
Wankel allows you to subscribe and share these interesting daily updated facts with others for free; you can also have these delivered to you via email daily all for free.
Explore the Wankel Search engine for more: http://wankel.bravehost.com

Please forward this information to others!
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by blackweaver(m): 12:00am On Apr 04, 2010
@dualcore u know in firefox (and chrome of course) you could just type the search item in the address bar sef
i don't even use bing b4 we start thinking of wankel (where on earth did they get that name from anyway)
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2010
Wankel is dedicated to make your internet experience fun, interesting, educative and worthwhile.
On the Wankel blog exist a platform you can listen to mp3 music while surfing our daily updated interesting facts for free! To get more info click on the drop box below with the title'weird and strange fact' on the Wankel Site; log on to: http://wankel.bravehost.com

Life is indeed interesting with the right information.
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yahoo2(m): 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2010
Lol. Despite the beefings the guy is unmoved.
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 10:45am On Apr 13, 2010
The Wankel blog has new updates for all,
* You can get to view your horoscope which corresponds to your Zodiac sign daily.
* You get daily updates on teeth whitening tips.
For more goto the wankel blog: http://wankelsearch..com
All these are provided to you for free!
Pls share this information with others.
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by ustarzeee(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2010
Lol, "whatever the case man more grace 2 your elbow @least you guys made a move, "lol
9ja na watin, ?
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by gameaddict(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2010
Something is wrong with this guy. He hasn't created anything and his trying to become an ad provider aside starting his own verb. wankeling? Make u go wankel yourself, you funny o. It would have been a different matter entirely if you had used some open or closed source tools like spiders, crawlers and the like to create something worth calling your own. Instead, you create a page with a search box which returns results from google! All you have done is create a page! Anyone can create a page and use one of googles offerings to provide results. In fact, scroll down this page, type in the google custom search box and see the result. There's even options to either seach this site or google's own database. It appears you don't even have a database(maybe), thats why your page only searches google. Either that or you configured it that way.

I ain't trying to dissuade you from anything. I'm just posting what I see as reality. By the way, By claiming you have your own saech engine and trying to make money off it, you have become a competitor against google, bing and the likes. Expect some lawsuits if anyone is stupid enough to advertise with you and google finds out. Expect more if you become popular. Don't understand? READ THE TOS of the things you use.

By the way, love your blog! Big fan of weird stuff. Keep up the blog, careful with the search! I ain't wankeling anytime soon (drat! your verb is kinda sticking in my head).
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by Cool2: 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2010
@gameaddict
have you ever come across a search engine like metacrawler (metacrawler.com) before? They use exactly the same style and almost the same technique with the site(wankel) this guy is trying to advertise to y'all. If you don't know Yahoo search has depended on results from google for the past years until they recently became independent. It took them years before they achieved this (this is real info).
So my guy (gameaddict) take it easy and speak less about things you don't know much about!
@yustrup, i have an advice for you just keep going on and nothing do u.
I go dey wankel de go!
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 11:43am On Apr 14, 2010
In response to comments (About wankel),
Wankel utilizes metasearch technology to compile results from the web. Delivering more relevant and comprehensive results every time you search. Wankel provides you with a richer and more relevant spectrum of results according to your query.
Wankel has sponsors like: (google, amazon, bidvertiser, active musician) just to mention a few!
To prove our credibility and make you know that other search engines know about us, search for the word "Wankel Search" on major search engines like (bing, google, ask, ) scroll on the first page and you will find our site (wankel) or pages(wankel search) relating to our site on the top 10 results. If we are not genuine we will never be indexed or ranked so high by other search engines in few months of existence.

Thanks for all your comments it leads us to a direction and brings out the best in us. (We need more comments for you).
http://wankel.bravehost.com
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by gameaddict(m): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2010
@ cool2: Thanks for the info but don't you notice the big differences between the site you referred me to and wankel? The first thing I noticed after the sites name was 'search the search engines'. I'm guessing their aim is to make searching easier since results may be from all the search engines instead of one. Many things begin to develop from the above point. As for the op, he says he's created his own search engine. That is the main argument. His own search engine. Did yahoo claim they owned a search engine when the were using google's tools. Most portals with search capabilities like AOL even state where results come from before you search. THEY DONT SAY THEY OWN A SEARCH ENGINE UNLESS THEY OWN ONE! As for the metacrawler, they must have created a tool that enables them to configure how their site returns results from not one but many real search engines. Their advantage therefore is akin to killing many birds with one stone. Did OP do that? NO! All I get is google custom search. There's so many things I still don't understand but I know the difference between a search engine and a page. The metacrawler site though not a traditional search engine like bing or google is a great tool for users. Wankel? hell no. Sha, I'd love to be educated more. And who says you're legit cuz you're on google? Before the legit part, lets talk about being a search engine. Please state the differences between google, bing and wankel. Thats where we should start. Would Love your opinion. What makes Wankel a search engine? if it's a search engine, then it would be competing with them. Metacrawler isn't competing and thats a start. Though their tool is great if it works well. On my phone so I haven't tested them. Now lets talk about being a search engine cool2,
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by gameaddict(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2010
@ cool2. I just researched metacrawler and guess what? It's classified under METASEARCH ENGINES and not SEARCH ENGINES! WIKIS are your friend. Do your research on what search engines are, the differences and the advantages and essence of metasearch.
Instead of claiming to be a search engine, the OP should concentrate on making his metasearch driven site more of what it is. How about configuring it to return results specific to africa? That is in line with the metasearch essence. Please OP, I'm not trying to put you down or anything like that. I just want you to make your site better and more defined. In fact, restructure your layout and fonts. Make it beautiful. Represent naija by explicitly defining what you are and where you are. Don't try to use deceptive adverts like your search engine label which has created this argument. And talking about adverts, why are there adverts on the front page. Is that the free hosting cache? I hope you can follow googles footsteps and become great cuz that would be a positive for Nigeria. Now first lesson on independence of a real search engine: NO ADS ON THE FRONT PAGE! Thats a really bad thing. Users don't like that. Build some trust first instead of asking us to advertise with you. Please make it better and keep it up.
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2010
The wankel blog has got interaction facility added to it, in which you can add your own comment and review to our daily posts about interesting, strange and educative facts. You can also use this means to chat with other users.
Please we need your comment and review on our daily posts on the Wankel blog.
You can sign up at the Wankel blog here: http://wankelsearch..com
Thanks, for your comments and see you all at the top!
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2010
Thanks for all your comments and posts.
I must confess i never expected more comments until i saw them coming on;  this indeed leads us to a direction
Re: Comments raised here was when Wankel was in its old form by yustrup(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2010
Thanks for all your comments and posts.
I must confess i never expected more comments until i saw them coming on,  this indeed leads us to a direction

(1) (Reply)

SOLD OUT! UK USED Toshiba, Core I3, 320 Hard Drive, 4gb Ram, 6 Hours Backup @45k / Isp In Abuja / Nigeria Telecom Latest News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.