Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,530 members, 7,888,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:11 PM

How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted (4399 Views)

Am I Bein Taken For Granted? / Why Do Men Takes Good Girls For Granted / Am I Been Taken For A Fool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2010
What can you do so you don't end up like the mumu in your relationship? Always giving but never receiving anything in return.

What are you anti-mumu tricks?
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Scooby1(m): 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2010
shine your eye grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2010
Scooby1:

shine your eye grin grin grin grin grin

After she don chop your money and honey, she'll dump you like a monkey.

Cheiiiii!
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by sweetpie23: 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2010
do not encourage any nonsense
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by daduke2k(m): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
Always be in charge.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Akinagirl(f): 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2010
dang girl you askin? I was hoping you can give me some tips lol. Oh well. Just dont let the person walk all over you I guess. Be the one to say "NO" sometimes. And just think very well about what the relationship was built on in the first place.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by sweetpie23: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2010
daduke2k:

Always be in charge.
that one is a no no please cheesy
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2010
Akinagirl:

dang girl you askin? I was hoping you can give me some tips lol. Oh well. Just dont let the person walk all over you I guess. Be the one to say "NO" sometimes. And just think very well about what the relationship was built on in the first place.

I nor wan play over sabi. . .so I go let other people talk. grin
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Akinagirl(f): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2010
Lol. cheesy Yeah, any pointers guys?
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Kelvinj(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2010
@michelin99
Well i dnt tink there's any solution 2 the mumu thing cos in a relationship 1 person must play d mumu if not it wont work. So the question should be who plays d mumu, the guy or babe??
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2010
Kelvinj:

@michelin99
Well i dnt tink there's any solution 2 the mumu thing cos in a relationship 1 person must play d mumu if not it wont work. So the question should be who plays d mumu, the guy or babe??

That would just start another gender bashing. undecided
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Tatase(f): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2010
Pick the right guy! If the guy is going to take you for granted then you don't need him anyway. Don't think you can pick someone who's selfish or inconsiderate and play games or manipulate them into changing- it won't work in the long term.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Akebulan: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2010
Dont date people who lack integrity. A person with integrity would not take you for granted.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2010
Tatase:

Pick the right guy! If the guy is going to take you for granted then you don't need him anyway. Don't think you can pick someone who's selfish or inconsiderate and play games or manipulate them into changing- it won't work in the long term.

Even the rightest person can make the mistake of taking their partner for granted.

How do we avoid this from the start?
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Kelvinj(m): 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2010
Well 2 avoid the clash of d titans any1 can play d mumu, so itz left 4 u not 2 be d 1
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by doyin13(m): 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2010
You have to go into a relationship at your cynical best.

Always assume ur partner is up to no good.

You have to train him or her to be on their toes. Sort of like puppy training

Never relent oo. . .

Frankly, if you examine your relationship and can't identify which one of you is
the mumu, then you are a mumu.

Hope this helps.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Kelvinj(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2010
doyin13:

You have to go into a relationship at your cynical best.

Always assume your partner is up to no good.

You have to train him or her to be on their toes. Sort of like puppy training

Never relent oo. . .

Frankly, if you examine your relationship and can't identify which one of you is
the mumu, then you are a mumu.

Hope this helps.
No it doesnt, thatz gonna cause more harm dude.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Akebulan: 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2010
Kelvinj:

No it doesnt, thatz gonna cause more harm dude.

I'd say thesame. It sounds to me more like a battlefield than a loving relationship. Please, it isnt that difficult. If you're having to decide which is the fool and which one rules, you're certainly not in a loving relationship.

In a loving relationship, you've got enough respect for each other to let the little things go, to NOT stress the small stuff, to let go of control, and embrace your confidence within yourself and with your love.

I mean by all means, stand your ground when you have to but most times, you'll find that all there really is worth fighting for, is your love for that person, and nothing else.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by GEW: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

Even the rightest person can make the mistake of taking their partner for granted.

michelin89:

That would just start another gender bashing. undecided
michelin89:

I nor wan play over sabi. . .so I go let other people talk. grin
chei, see michelin madam of yesterday don grow like this.  nawao  small time na baby she go say make we come celebrate for NL.  nawao.  michelle wetin happen?  you don really change o.  i didnt expect all the above from you abi someone don highjack abi na lowjack your user name now.

congrats long may this reign
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Kelvinj(m): 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2010
Akebulan:

I'd say thesame. It sounds to me more like a battlefield than a loving relationship. Please, it isnt that difficult. If you're having to decide which is the fool and which one rules, you're certainly not in a loving relationship.

In a loving relationship, you've got enough respect for each other to let the little things go,  to NOT stress the small stuff,  to let go of control,  and embrace your confidence within yourself and with your love.

I mean by all means, stand your ground when you have to but most times, you'll find that all there really is worth fighting for, is your love for that person, and nothing else.
seconded dude!
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2010
GEW:

chei, see michelin madam of yesterday don grow like this.  nawao  small time na baby she go say make we come celebrate for NL.  nawao.  michelle wetin happen?  you don really change o.  i didnt expect all the above from you abi someone don highjack abi na lowjack your user name now.

congrats long may this reign

Me I nor even know sef.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by yme1(f): 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2010
dont make him your all in all
in other words learn to be miss independent
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by mamagee3(f): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2010
Slap the mugu whenever he/she plays tricks. . .
Seriously, who cares. . .
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

What can you do so you don't end up like the mumu in your relationship? Always giving but never receiving anything in return.

What are you anti-mumu tricks?

a tried and tested anti-mumu trick is to constantly parrot your "hotness" even if you're the dictionary definition of the opposite.

works every time wink
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Kelvinj(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
@y me
Doesnt sound good either
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2010
tpia.:

a tried and tested anti-mumu trick is to constantly parrot your "hotness" even if you're the dictionary definition of the opposite.

works every time wink

Ahhhh Tpia, you nor like fine things for real. cheesy
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by yme1(f): 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2010
Kelvinj:

@y me
Doesnt sound good either
lmao grin grin
but that is just me sha cheesy
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Tatase(f): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

I don't think it's healthy to go into a relationship with a "one person must be the mumu" mentality. I realize that it's human nature to take advantage of people who let you take advantage of them. Think of your friends, there are some who are obviously users and don't remain in the inner friendship circle for long, and then there are others who you have a give-and-take relationship with, and who you're close enough to that if you feel like they're taking advantage of you, you can say it, and they check themselves, and vice-versa.

I don't think there's any need to be setting anti-mumu rules at the start of the relationship. . . like I must win x% of arguments, s/he must be up to no good etc etc. Who wants to live like that? And moreover, who wants to be with someone like that. If your personality is really that cynical and distrustful, then that's you, but it's draining to act that way in a relationship all the time, if genuinely you're not that type of person. You either trust your partner or you don't. You either like him or you don't. And if you don't, then why are you putting yourself through all the anti-mumu stress to be together.

As far as taking the partner for granted and how to avoid things, my biggest suggestion would be to be yourself from the beginning. I know many girls and guys who are really "lions" and "tigers" and like to get their way and not easy-going at all. But when they see a partner they like, they pretend that they're easy going, ah the girl suddenly LOVES cooking for her man (someone who doesn't like to cook before o), everything he says is right, he's too perfect, he can do no wrong. Then the guy gets used to this from her and expects it, and of course because this is not her real personality, it becomes harder and harder and she becomes more and more resentful and feels taken advantage of. If you're not the motherly/caring type, why pretend you are? Be like "dude, I don't like to cook, I hate the kitchen," that way when you do those things, then it's special and he appreciates.
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by daduke2k(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2010
Ah tatase nawa 4 dis ur long note. @poster, 4 d succes of rtship, mugu and wisdom are paired
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by Tatase(f): 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2010
@ daduke2k,

I think you're allowed to just skip over reading mine and contribute to the topic, no?
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by doyin13(m): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2010
Tatase:

@ daduke2k,

I think you're allowed to just skip over reading mine and contribute to the topic, no?

Hahahahahahaha. . . .As understated as they come grin grin
Re: How To Avoid Being Taken For Granted by H2O2: 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2010
Here is one of Pyromaniac's rule

Never settle in a one-sided, one-dimensional relationships.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prostitute Student Handle By A Customer / Your Mother Or Wife..who Do/would U Love More?? / What Did You Saved Your Partner Phone Number With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.