Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,804 members, 7,979,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 05:10 PM

The Great "I AM" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great "I AM" (347 Views)

Great I Am Lyrics By Dare David / The Great Tribulations After Rapture / Will The “Great Crowd” Be On Earth When Armageddon Breaks Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Great "I AM" by ichuka(m): 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
What does God say about Jesus Christ?"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,seen of angels,preached unto the Gentiles,believed on in the world,received up into glory"(1 Tim. 3.16).
And Moses said unto God, Behold,when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them,The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me,What is his name? what shall I say unto them?And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM. (Ex. 3.13-14).
Therefore said, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am. (John 8.28).
From eternity to eternity our God is God.Due to the fact that He is God from eternity to eternity,He is not limited by either time or space.Let us consider for a few moments just how our God is not restricted by time.
“So teach us to number our days,” prayed the psalmist, “that we may get us a heart of wisdom” (Ps. 90.12) If men were truly wise,they would know how to number their own days.But for the Lord,He has no way to number days since He is God from everlasting to everlasting; as Peter observed, “One day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day” (2 Peter 3.cool.To compute days in such a fashion is beyond the power of us human beings.If we were to count an hour as a week and a week as an hour we would make a mess of many things,since as human beings we cannot avoid being tied to time.God,however, looks at one day as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day!!This means that He is not restricted by time,neither is He bound to time.In short, because He is God He transcends time.
In order to know God and to follow the course which is set before us,it is imperative that we see this characteristic of God as transcending time.We cannot measure the Lord by time. Whatever He does transcends it. For this reason,whenever we approach Him to obtain spiritual experience or receive spiritual help,we must learn to be delivered from the concept of time.Since God is the eternal One,we cannot circumscribe Him by such means.Hence all who seek to know Him must be freed from the bondage of the human concept of time.
Another point of special significance is that God is the God of today,that He is the One who is always now.In other words,with God there is no concept of time.This does not mean,however,that the Lord has no time; it is only meant to indicate that He is not bound by it.We human beings divide time into periods.We say that one period has already passed, another period is yet to come, and still another period is what we call today or now.Whenever we humans think of time,we always think of past,present,and future.But when we come into touch with God,His “time frame” is always now—for He has no past and neither has He a future, because what has passed is still present with Him and what is yet to come is also present with Him!!Again let me reiterate that we do not say God has no time: what we are trying to establish here is that time as we know it simply cannot apply to Him.Our time has tenses—both past, present,and future;but God has only the eternal now,an uninterrupted present.With Him there is neither past nor future.
Also,In the Scriptures God has a name known as “Jehovah”—the meaning of which is that God is self-existing, that He is eternal now and forever.
God himself never changes. What is considered past or future to men is totally inapplicable to Him,for He is eternally the “Now Is”:He has but one period, which is “present.”In the incident of Moses and the burning bush told of in Exodus 3, God revealed the name “I AM THAT I AM”to His servant (v.14).The time for this “I AM” is now.God meant to inform Moses that so far as He himself is concerned,He is the God of Now.
Men should not believe in God as the God of the future, since He has no future tense; nor should men believe in Him as the God of the past since He likewise has no past tense.How this situation will confuse the wise! For according to men’s way of thinking they cannot help but divide events and circumstances into past, present,and future.But in God’s mind there is neither past nor future.
Re: The Great "I AM" by ichuka(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2017
Bump!!

(1) (Reply)

* God's Standard Of Maintaining Purity In The Marriage Versus... / Couple, Children All Attending Different Churches... Is It Wrong? / Another Conspiracy Theory Says The World Will End On September 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.