Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,337 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:01 AM

#wengerout :nigerians Compare Wenger To President Buhari After Arsenal’s 4-0 Def - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #wengerout :nigerians Compare Wenger To President Buhari After Arsenal’s 4-0 Def (373 Views)

Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education / Nigerians Criticize Buhari After French President Was Spotted Doing This. Photos / 2 Indians Drag Lawal Daura To Buhari After He Jailed Their Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#wengerout :nigerians Compare Wenger To President Buhari After Arsenal’s 4-0 Def by PurityPhils(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2017
Reactions have continued to trail the 4-0 thumping of Arsenal Football Club by Liverpool FC in the match day 3 of the English Premier League which was played on Sunday at Anfield, Liverpool's home ground.

Recall that [b]ALEDEH [/b]had reported earlier that Liverpool picked up where they left off against Hoffenheim in midweek as they ripped Arsenal apart with their scintillating football with Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and substitute Daniel Sturridge all scoring for Jurgen Klopp’s side to end the game 4-0 for Liverpool in what appeared to be another miserable night for Wenger.

After the defeat, Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger labeled Arsenal’s performance against Liverpool “absolutely disastrous” and “unacceptable”.

Speaking at the post-match press Wenger said: “The result is a consequence of our performance. We were not good enough. We were beaten everywhere physically, in the end I believe we made it easier for them, and the mistakes gave them a cushion.

“It was shocking [conceding a second before half-time] but our performance was absolutely disastrous. Not to become too emotional, we have to take some distance, and there are some reasons behind it, and the players now go on their international break, but we do have to take the consequences of our performance today. If you find a manager who is happy with that performance today, I wish you good luck. The emotions are negative, but it’s not the right moment to talk about that,” the Frenchman added.

Wenger was booed by sections of the away support when he stepped into his technical area for the first time in the second half. On the hostile reception he said: “I don’t want to answer that. That’s part of the crowd’s feelings. If I am the problem, I am sorry, but I believe all together we lose. The only thing we can do is come back and give them a better level of performance.”

In a bit to connect football with politics, Nigerians took to micro blogging site, Twitter after the game to compare Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger to Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari.

Nigerians are of the opinion that Arsenal's poor performance this season sums up the situation in Nigeria under President Buhari's leadership.

Read more: https://aledeh.com/wengerout-nigerians-compare-wenger-to-president-buhari-after-arsenals-4-0-defeat-to-liverpool/

Re: #wengerout :nigerians Compare Wenger To President Buhari After Arsenal’s 4-0 Def by richidinho(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2017
Look at their skeletal faces grin
Re: #wengerout :nigerians Compare Wenger To President Buhari After Arsenal’s 4-0 Def by Omeokachie: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2017
They should not trivialize our matter.

Wenger builds his team from relatively unknown or average players, saving money for Arsenal as a club.

Buhari on the other hand has destroyed and keeps destroying what he met on ground, with no plans for the future of the country.

(1) (Reply)

Sallah: Fg Declares Friday, Monday As Public Holidays / Is Road Worthiness Another Sleaze For Government Officials / Buhari Leaves Nigeria On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.