Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,995 members, 7,931,426 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:17 AM

Spare Few Minutes To Read Through This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Spare Few Minutes To Read Through This (322 Views)

How To Read At Night Comfortably / Download Noun 2018 E-examination Timetable - Updated a Few Minutes Ago / Four Best Physics Textbooks To Read For JAMB. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spare Few Minutes To Read Through This by hooyey(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
Listen carefully.

That small boy or girl on your street or extended family, whom you normally send on errands and can even knock the head if there's a delay or mistake will grow up soon and become a very beautiful girl with curves to die for or a well toned guy with beards to touch.

Have the sense not to still keep looking at them as those small children of yesterday. This is the beginning of the stupidity that is prevalent in this our part of the world, where the elderly ones will never agree that these younger ones are actually growing up.

Those small children on your street are now big. Give them their respect. They are not the small boys of that time. Don't and never you look down on them.

'Come here, can't you greet? You've grown abi? Me that I used to bath for you that year, you're now big'. What rubbish. You'll be harrasing a person just because your low self esteem or the fact that you're highly insecure seeing the young boy grow and achieve in life.

Our elders are angry at us the younger ones. So, they hide behind culture and respect to subdue us, even when they are wrong. Many of them are not worth the respect. Its a farce. Its a lie. They just can't stomach the fact that a younger set of people are doing better. They put you in your place with the tool called respect.

As we grow, let is deliberately not allow ourselves to fall into this chain of idiocy. Get this into your heads. The younger generation to us will always be better than us in what we do. They will find quicker and better ways to get things done. Tech is on their side. We should not begin to frustrate them, just because they are doing it better.

Rather than fight and frustrate them, there's way we would groom them and win over their loyalties. A man can train me in a job for several years, yet, I'll become better than him at it. But, if he begins to see me as a threat, he will want to frustrate me. But, rather, he could bring me closer, I'll see him as a father, a mentor, and my loyalty will forever be for him.

May we have sense in Jesus name. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Study In Ghana / Why Gossip Bloggers Get More Than They Bargain For TODAY / Npower: Federal Government Give Use Our Phones /tab/ipad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.