Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,553 members, 7,908,488 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:29 AM

5 Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Youths - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Youths (745 Views)

What We HATE About Being INFLUENCERS / Wizkid To Nigerian Youths: “Go And Get Your PVCs" / Banky W Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Youths by fixzylani: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
Oftentimes, I have listened to conversations about the Nigerian youths and being a twenty-something myself, there are certain conclusions (and some you won’t like) that has probably tagged Nigeria’s leaders of tomorrow as beings without a dream. Here are my findings:

1. No Future Ambition: Yes, this is the most outdated term synonymous to a generation of the lazybones and the “I don’t give a damn” people. What if I want to spend my life on bed listening to music on break-ups and gangster love making money? Isn’t this the time to enjoy and have fun, you only become young once in a lifetime but the sweat and struggle of our forefathers are staring at us with doubt and disbelief of our capabilities to continue in good faith.

2. The Innovator-Minus: With the advent of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms, one may be tempted to curse their innovators for creating more problems. Why? It is unfortunate when other parts of the world are thinking of ways of improving their reputation as leaders in electronics, science, art and tourism, we are wasting our talent, our skills and the advancement in technology which could up Nigeria among the top 20 countries in the world. We are busy twerking our lives, instagramming our destiny and youtubing karaoke of songs.

When was the last time you thought of something new? Something which benefits the society, your family, yourself, your life! It’s unfortunate we do not appreciate and thrive to create better tools, applications no offence to musicians and artistes but our attitude and inability to task our brains is much less than annoying. Research indicates business owners and innovators begins from ages 17 to 27 and it is the most creative and innovative stage of our brain. Now let me ask a question, if we do not experiment, question, innovate, take calculative risks which could change the world, when will we do that? Yes we have entrepreneurs but may I surprise that only 55% of these business are actually in existence, and at of those 55%, some are closing up because of lack of money, there are not making it, everyone is not buy my work e.t.c. the rest are waiting for the “right time” to start to become Forbes most powerful woman or man on earth.

In a country where creativity and innovation is everywhere, it is unfortunate our country is still among the less developed. A country with less thinkers and innovators is creating-less state. Everything is based on innovation, and when a country lacks behind it speaks disaster for our nation’s glory.

READ THE REST HERE: http://thenakedconvos.com/5-reasons-why-we-hate-the-nigerian-youths/
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Youths by fixzylani: 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Youths by fixzylani: 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
Read
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Youths by fixzylani: 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
Continue...
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Youths by fixzylani: 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2017
Read...
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Hate The Nigerian Youths by fixzylani: 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Read

(1) (Reply)

Susan Peters Looks Elegant In Black Dress, Spotted With Annie Idibia / Toto Dike's Estranged Husband 'churchill' Covers LA MODE Magazine (photo) / Wizkid Rejected Millions From APC And PDP During Election - Rapper MI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.