Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Afang Soup Was Delicious Next Is Nigerian Jollof Rice For Me -winner #chamberlai - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afang Soup Was Delicious Next Is Nigerian Jollof Rice For Me -winner #chamberlai (349 Views)

Nigeria-Ghana Jollof War: See Troost-Ekong's Reaction To Super Eagles' Victory / Arsenal Used Odumodu Blvck’s Song "Declan Rice " For Declan Rice Announcement / When You Are From Croatia But Your Girlfriend Is Nigerian. #WorldCup (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Afang Soup Was Delicious Next Is Nigerian Jollof Rice For Me -winner #chamberlai by PurityPhils(m): 1:17am On Aug 29, 2017
British Squash player and winner of the maiden edition of the Chamberlain Squash Open (CSO) tournament in Lagos, Tom Ford says he enjoyed Nigerian soup, 'afang'.

Ford who won the men's category of the Chamberlain Squash Open (CSO) after he defeated Nigerian number one male squash player, Babatunde Ajagbe 11-6, 11-9, 2-11, said he would love to taste the Nigerian jollof rice since afang soup was delicious.

Asked if he has eaten any Nigerian food since he arrived for the Squash tournament, Ford said: "Yes I tried the afang soup last week and some palm wine to wash it down.

"It was an interesting experience, I feel like I need to have it a few more times before my stomach gets use to it but I look forward to trying some of the other ones.

Asked if he has eaten Nigerian jollof rice before, the Champion said: "No but that's what I plan to have now actually they do it here right? So I'm going to try it maybe today", Ford said after winning the Chamberlain Squash Open (CSO) tournament at the Squash section of the Lagos Country Club in Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria on Sunday, August 26.

Meanwhile, the tournament, which was held at the Lagos Country Club in Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria, had total prize money of 12,000 dollars which was shared among the competitors.

Ford defeated Nigerian number one male squash player, Babatunde Ajagbe 11-6, 11-9, 2-11 and 11-5 (3-1), while Olatunji overpowered Udeme James 11-7, 11-6 and 11-9 (3-0) to win the men and women categories respectively.

Read more: https://aledeh.com/afang-soup-was-delicious-next-is-nigerian-jollof-rice-for-me-winner-chamberlainopen-tom-ford/

(1) (Reply)

I Was Brave To Leave Chelsea, Says England´s Chalobah / Harry Kane Reaches Landmark Of 100 Tottenham Goals In All Competitions / UEFA Champions League Match Day 1: Mbappe, Neymar Whips Celtic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.