Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,100 members, 7,973,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:17 AM

HELP! Running A Cassava Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / HELP! Running A Cassava Farm (726 Views)

Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? / How About A Cassava Peeling And Washing That Actually Works? / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! Running A Cassava Farm by freepop: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
I recently ventured into cassava and maize farming.

However, I'm beginning to feel that the guys handling the farm have been shortchanging me.

Here's the quote we've been working with. Kindly help check and provide an assessment;

Rental of 1 acre = N8,000
Clearing of land = N18,000
Buying of cassava stem = N5,000
Buy of maize seedlings = N2,000
Planting of maize = N2,500
Planting of Cassava = N4,000

TOTAL COST OF PLANTING CASSAVA & MAIZE ON 1 ACRE = N41,500

This is outside of miscellaneous collections. Do you think this rate is fair and market friendly?

1 Like

Re: HELP! Running A Cassava Farm by Virtualaccounts: 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
You sure need the help of VirtualAccountant.ng. smiley

VirtualAccountant.ng will help you set up a proper accounting and internal control system to clear your suspicions of mismanagement and close the loopholes. Then manage your bookkeeping, accounting and tax compliances for your small business.

Please Chat/Call 08029753761, 08086108687 now & visit www.virtualaccountant.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP! Running A Cassava Farm by freepop: 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Accountant for what nau?

Ain't even sure if the investment portfolio and you want me to be accounting for what?

Carry your link go forward abeg.

1 Like

Re: HELP! Running A Cassava Farm by LucidG(m): 6:16am On Aug 30, 2017
freepop:
I recently ventured into cassava and maize farming.

However, I'm beginning to feel that the guys handling the farm have been shortchanging me.

Here's the quote we've been working with. Kindly help check and provide an assessment;

Rental of 1 acre = N8,000
Clearing of land = N18,000
Buying of cassava stem = N5,000
Buy of maize seedlings = N2,000
Planting of maize = N2,500
Planting of Cassava = N4,000

TOTAL COST OF PLANTING CASSAVA & MAIZE ON 1 ACRE = N41,500

This is outside of miscellaneous collections. Do you think this rate is fair and market friendly?

I think the costings are fair. My advise: get more involved with the farm and the location. Sometimes, some costs are location specific.
Re: HELP! Running A Cassava Farm by maisauki: 6:30am On Aug 30, 2017
Well, nothing much but i think that 8k is too much for an acre...supposed to be between 3-4k and for d plantin of maize i'll suggest you do it yourself cos it brings special happiness and makes your workers know that you aren't ajebota
Re: HELP! Running A Cassava Farm by freepop: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2017
Thanks for the insight.

What's the average return on investment to be made on one acre of cassava and maize, respectively?

LucidG:

I think the costings are fair. My advise: get more involved with the farm and the location. Sometimes, some costs are location specific.
Re: HELP! Running A Cassava Farm by freepop: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
Thanks for the thought.

What's the average return on investment to be made on one acre of cassava and maize, respectively?

maisauki:
Well, nothing much but i think that 8k is too much for an acre...supposed to be between 3-4k and for d plantin of maize i'll suggest you do it yourself cos it brings special happiness and makes your workers know that you aren't ajebota

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Contact Of Fisherman Or Fishing Company Dealing In Prawns, Shrimps / How To Rake In Millions Through Sesame Seed Export From Nigeria / Agricultural Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.