Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,085 members, 7,919,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:47 AM

What I Found Out In 2015 When I Learnt Dangote Wants To Produce Tomato Paste - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What I Found Out In 2015 When I Learnt Dangote Wants To Produce Tomato Paste (708 Views)

Dangote Wants Navy’s Protection For New Refinery, Pipelines In Lagos / See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Found Out In 2015 When I Learnt Dangote Wants To Produce Tomato Paste by Oduok(m): 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
I don't know why Bloomberg didn't see this while designing the plant for Dangote. I did a similar design in 2015 and this was my finding: taking a production capacity of 360,000 tons of tomato paste annually as a basis. Material balance revealed that 2,477,100 tons of raw tomato is required. (Raw tomato is 7 degree Brix while tomato paste is 30 degree Brix). Market survey revealed that a ton of raw tomato in the local market was 350 dollars while a ton of tomato paste was 1,300 dollars. Ignoring every other costs, annual cost of raw material for the plant was 866,974,500 dollars whereas annual income from sales of tomato paste was 702,000,000 dollars. I concluded and reported that the plant was technically sound but lacked economic viability. My recommendations were: 1. Government should intervene and subsidize the production cost of tomato for farmers who would sell the raw material to processors at subsidized rate. 2. The plant should consider producing other products like lycopene from the waste. 3. The plant should employ pinch technology to recover heat from the three effect evaporator for use in other units like sterilization and preheating.

1 Like

Re: What I Found Out In 2015 When I Learnt Dangote Wants To Produce Tomato Paste by Maybachmeeky: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
That is a brilliant perspective coming from you sir.
I've been following your posts on nairaland, you sound like one professor that thought me while I was still in school.
I enjoy reading your posts.
Re: What I Found Out In 2015 When I Learnt Dangote Wants To Produce Tomato Paste by Oduok(m): 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Maybachmeeky:
That is a brilliant perspective coming from you sir.
I've been following your posts on nairaland, you sound like one professor that thought me while I was still in school.
I enjoy reading your posts.
lolz ... thanks

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Earn N25,000-N50,000 Monthly Pure Profit From Importation Business / Global Aerospace Drone Systems ::: Your First Choice For Drone Solutions / Help A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.