Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,099 members, 7,970,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:33 AM

Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha (543 Views)

See How CAN Fires Hard At Those Protesting Against Pastor Adeboye / Owerri People say "NO" to APC (video) / Market Tragedy: Owerri People Invoke Ancestral Spirits To Punish Okorocha [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha by ViewNigeria(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2017
Imo State Governor, Govt. Rochas Okorocha has described those protesting demolition of the Ekeukwu market in the state capital, which resulted to the death of a 10-year-old boy, as non-indigenes.

Some leaders from three Senatorial zones of the state had protested the demolition of the market, killing of the 10-year-old boy and other alleged atrocities of the governor on Wednesday in Abuja, calling on the state House of Assembly to move for the immediate impeachment of Okorocha.
But reacting in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, sam Onwuemeodo, the governor said, “The fact is that those behind the press conference in Abuja today (yesterday) or involved in protest over the relocation of Ekeukwu Market are not Owerri indigenes but few politicians from the state mostly of the PDP extraction who are only keen in coming back to power in the state in 2019 after Imo people had voted them out in 2011 and also voted against them in 2015.

“The Owerri indigenes are here in the state and are happy with the level of development in Owerri courtesy of Governor Rochas Okorocha.

“Afterall, the PDP governments in the state for 12 years had tried to relocate Ekeukwu Market but could not do so because they lacked the political will and they were not keen in developing the state.”

https://view.ng/imo-market-killing-those-protesting-are-not-owerri-people-okorocha/

Re: Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha by Balkan(m): 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
They are from Lybia

1 Like

Re: Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha by ViewNigeria(m): 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
Balkan:
They are from Lybia
Lybia is friendly... they are from congo
Re: Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha by MrMoney007: 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
MEETING BETWEEN NNAMDI KANU AND IGBO GOVERNORS:
They called him and pleaded he talks to his supporters to relapse on IPOB pursuit; he brought out his phone and showed them a picture of the crowd in one of the IPOB rallies saying:
"These are the people that sent me. I didn't send myself. If you leaders genuinely love this land and her people, you will not call these people my supporters but our supporters. They are pursuing the most sacred cause in life. That is freedom!
You don't kill people who are begging for breathe and life. It is sacrilegious but you have done such. Biafrans want freedom which is life. That is what i stand for".

2 Likes

Re: Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha by zionmade1: 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
rubbish
they kill us, they call it politics
they rob us of our civic rights, they call it politics
our roads are dirty and dilapidated, they call it politics
the youths are roaming about without job, they call politics
No electricity, they call it politics.
They are playing us like football
My brother from imo was shot they said opposition did it
youths protest they said they are not from owerri.

In 2019 this same youths will carry placards and kill themselves, shouting pdp,apc.
nairaland will turn a battlefield between apc and pdp supporters.
ARE WE CURSED?
Wen will winter come upon these politicians mortgaging our future, wen will we force these people to pay for their crimes.
We are watching, but one day youths will get tired nigeria will be ransacked, winter will come, revolution will be triggered, nigeria must be delivered from the claws of these evil men.

1 Like

Re: Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha by lastcall: 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
Playing politics with the death of a small boy. If it were ur child would u be spewing this rubbish. Obviously his death means nothing to you. BEAST

1 Like

Re: Imo Market Killing: Those Protesting Are Not Owerri People – Okorocha by ViewNigeria(m): 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
MrMoney007:
MEETING BETWEEN NNAMDI KANU AND IGBO GOVERNORS:
They called him and pleaded he talks to his supporters to relapse on IPOB pursuit; he brought out his phone and showed them a picture of the crowd in one of the IPOB rallies saying:
"These are the people that sent me. I didn't send myself. If you leaders genuinely love this land and her people, you will not call these people my supporters but our supporters. They are pursuing the most sacred cause in life. That is freedom!
You don't kill people who are begging for breathe and life. It is sacrilegious but you have done such. Biafrans want freedom which is life. That is what i stand for".

are you a biafran? i don't even know if its Biafran or Biafrania which?

(1) (Reply)

Benue Workers Reject Gov. Ortom’s Appeal, Set For Strike / Prof Sagay Behaves Like Tout, Rascal—senate / Nnamdi Kanu Should Learn From Zakzakky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.