Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,113 members, 7,916,253 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:55 PM

How To Make Money On Campus - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money On Campus (389 Views)

15 Lucrative Business Students Can Do On School Campus To Make Money / Union Bank Campus Innovation Challenge For Entrepreneurial Nigerian Students / 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Campus by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2017
Is your request for your montly allowance always subjected to the 3rd degree? Questions like, what are you using your money for? hope you're not spending your money on girls? followed by statements like "I used only 200 Naira per semester when I was in the University".

The part about 200 Naira might be true,but parents/guardians always leave out the fact that the cost of living increased exponentially expensive over time and in case you have probably been living in a cave, we are in a recession!!!!

Personally, I am opportune to have experienced a massive increase in price of basic household goods over the few years I have been in the University.

During my 100 level days, I withdraw 4000 Naira weekly and also had 1000 Naira left for savings. I had more than enough to buy clothes and shoes I didn't even wear and gagdets I could do without and went on outings. Now I am in my 4th year, I spend more than 1,000 Naira a day and in a week I spend over 10,000 Naira. I no longer have enough savings to buy new clothes or even go to watch a movie. Some days ago, I was complaining to my friends that I couldn't afford to go on dates as I am constanly being reminded of how that 10,000Naira is someone's monthly salary.

the irony is that the things i spend on is fewer than 3 years ago. so what changed?

reality strikes you the first time you move from eating chicken and chips to soaking garri without even groundnuts.

and the question on almost every university student's mind which is "how do i make this money?" comes to play. i've decided to give a short list of 5 businesses you can do on campus, some of which i have done and some i've have wriiten with the assistance of collegues who are currently doing them

1.MAKE UP ARTISTRY

I got confused when i started seeing MUA on the profiles of some girls. isn't applying makeup just as easy as applying powder on your face i used to think. it was until i had a discussion with one of my female friends which lasted almost an hour on the complex physics in make up artistry. what my friend knew was how to professionally apply the make up which she did for free. but what she didn't know was the potential amount of money that could be gotten from this business if only i had the patience to slowly apply an eyeliner. i'll share just one tip, it's better to start early, most preferably before you enter school or your first year, customers tend to be draw to the big names more than skill, don't get me wrong skill is necessary.

2.PHOTOGRAPHY

photography is another business venture that has a lot of potentials to earn extra cash, getting a professional camera may be expensive. you came buy a fairly used one and if you have the right business mindset, it won't take you more than half a year to get back the money you spent on a camera, so why is photography a good business venture on campus.

every year different departments, associations, halls organize events,pictures are necessary in this events. politicians need pictures for campaign posters .if you're good enough, they won't bother calling an outsider to take pictures, imagine being the only photographer in your class, department, faculty, hall, you're automatically getting the contract
girls take tons of pictures, every girl i know knows at least 3 photographers on campus, (though not relevant in our topic, photographer tend to date some of the hottest girls) some girls have this vanity that a phone camera cannot satisfy, here's where the photographer comes in.
check sauceandsound next week for ''how to start a successful photography business on campus" featuring big campus photographers don't miss a thing. submit your email to subscribe to our newsletter.

3.performers

I keep on emphasizing that the best place to start your music career is on campus. musicians are the big boys or girls on campus, comedians are adored, dance groups are on point. there are so many shows on campus, hosted by the school down to your department, if you're entertaining, your demand automatically increases, you get called for shows in and out of school, you perform at dinners, parties and if you have the right business mindset you can host shows together with other performers and charge money. people will always turn up as long as there are girls.

read 7 things every aspiring musician schould know

4.GRAPHICS DESIGNING

musicians may be the big boys but graphics designers are the ones making most of the money, i had to learn a bit of graphics designing after i saw the cost of one of the projects i wanted designed. i've not yet learnt enough to start working for people but at least i can design what i want. if you walk round a university campus you see different banners, advert, election posters etc, students don't go outside to get their designs done, rather they give it to other students to do. you could earn tens of thousands from just one project alone.

5.modeling

most models on campus don't really earn cash although they get other forms of incentives , however modeling can prepare you for pagentry which has a lot of goodies attached to it, there you can earn cash, become an ambassador of a product and kickstart a wonderful career from there. what you need is a good manager that can direct you on how to convert your talent into a career. modelling agencies do that too.

www.sauceandsound.com

Re: How To Make Money On Campus by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2017
saucemoney is a project under sauceandsound that aims to assist on campus entrepreneur achieve their dreams, we release weekly , tips on how to run a successful business on campus, theres a differnce between a professional and entrepreneur send us an email to write on any business venture you want us to write on sauceandsound@gmail.com. follow us on instagram & twitter @sauceandsound.
Re: How To Make Money On Campus by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 01, 2017
we'll be posting more about on campus businesses and answering questions on this thread

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Member Of The Free And Accpeted Mason. / In Need Of Packages? / Se How To Copy And Paste Bitcoin Trading Success Using Outliers Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.