Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,117 members, 7,907,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

Who Are Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are Nigerians? (2705 Views)

Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Are Nigerians Ready to Pay Tax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are Nigerians? by Sonofpeace(m): 10:12am On Feb 23, 2010
Who are Nigerians?
I know really that some may try to overlook this vital question on the platform of it being a childish question to ask. Well that is their opinion.

For a long time I have tried to know if I can get a positive answer towards this crucial question, but all have been really negative. Due to many facts that I will soon list to you all but will not elaborate it, I think that the name “Nigeria” is owned and understood by some particular section of the Nigeria entity.

In 2005 I got the answer though negative to me. That year was my first time of being to Abuja. I went to Abuja for sole purpose of the networking of a complete guesthouse to have access to Internet service in Wuse Zone 6, on arrival I was greeted by the gateman “Welcome to Nigeria” on hearing that I was shocked and surprised because I came together with the owner and the manager who are both from kogi state. I alighted the vehicle and went straight to the gateman to make him really know that I am a Nigerian and equally from Southeast though I live in Lagos (Nigeria) then, to my greatest dismay he told me that Lagos is not Nigeria, stating that the name Nigeria started from Kogi up North.

Later that day I ask one of the hotel workers the reason behind what the gateman said, he cleared the air with the following points;

 He asked me, has any region other than the north influenced the decision of the National Assembly both Senate and Reps?
 Also that it is only Northerners that has the power to remove any other region from this entity “Nigeria” citing that Nigeria-Biafra War started because the Igbo’s wanted to disintegrate from Nigeria but the North (i.e. Nigerians) said no,
 That no matter what happens (crisis) in the North that no military action will be deployed with the authority to arrest/prosecute the law breakers (Muslim jihadist),
 That truly other regions are more educated than the North but they cannot rule Northerners(Nigerians being born to rule) excepts they so wish, citing the case of Obasanjo as an instance,
             He said that while the Southerners are busy fighting each other the Northerners(Nigerians) are busy regrouping planning on strategies that will be suitable in developing their country(North),
 He gave me so many instances (facts) that suggest that really the Northerners are the actual Nigerians while others are pretending to be Nigerians.
But I still don’t know what to believe because I am a Nigerian and was called a Nigerian when I visited Ghana.  Can someone help me with this question WHO ARE REALLY NIGERIANS?
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by OBLONG(m): 10:55am On Feb 23, 2010
wake up from your slumber
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by Sonofpeace(m): 11:05am On Feb 23, 2010
OBLONG:

wake up from your slumber
i really wish it was a dream
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:26am On Feb 23, 2010
I get your point!!

However, if you look at it properly, despite all that power we seem to ascribe to the north, they are without doubt the poorest region in the country!!!
I'd rather stay out of power and grow economically than remain in power and have an almajiri population the size of 3 southern states put together!!

Maybe the south should instead of complaining create its own cabal that can also act the way the north is acting!! Truly instead of complaining, lets start fixing our own states without the need of the FG. Lagos and a few other states are already doing it!
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by Mbeki: 11:45am On Feb 23, 2010
Your ID son-of-peace might have affected your viewpoint. Shine your eye shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria is the imagination of Flora Shaw, the bedmate of Lord Lugard.

Nigerians are the people that Lord Lugard and his Bedmate becos they are very obedient and loyal to the point that you only need to ask them to jump and they'll ask you "How High?" So they gave them power to rule others that are more intelligent and stubborn in the land of his imagination.

That bed time dream of Lord Lugard and his bedmate is yet to be a reality.

Hope I answered your question?
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
Mbeki:

Your ID son-of-peace might have affected your viewpoint.  Shine your eye shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria is the imagination of Flora Shaw, the bedmate of Lord Lugard.

Nigerians are the people that Lord Lugard and his Bedmate becos they are very obedient and loyal to the point that you only need to ask them to jump and they'll ask you "How High?" So they gave them power to rule others that are more intelligent and stubborn in the land of his imagination.

That bed time dream of Lord Lugard and his bedmate is yet to be a reality.

Hope I answered your question?
well you answered my question a little bit but how can someone be foolish yet he was allowed by the said wise people to lead en influence them? I guess the dream of lord lugard has fulfilled
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by redsun(m): 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2010
Nigerians are hunter gatherers,a people without  a sense community,living like the stone age people,hunting,looting and gathering what belongs to the populace for themselves.All man for himself and the devil for all us is the typical nigerian slogan.

People perish for lack of knowledge,a mist of fundamental ignorance is hanging over the whole nation and worst of all the people fail to acknowledge or rather realize they are in the dark.
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by Mbeki: 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2010
Sonofpeace:

well you answered my question a little bit but how can someone be foolish yet he was allowed by the said wise people to lead en influence them? I guess the dream of lord lugard has fulfilled

Because a fool will never ask you why you directed him to take an action.
Lord Lugard dream is born out of wickedness, he and his masters back then in Europe didn't want to see a united african kingdom, that was why he joined people with dissimilar interest together, fooling them to believe they are one.
The funniest thing is that the collective goons in Lord Lugard, dream country always refers themselves as one Nigeria, whereas they know deep inside them that they don't love each other
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by texazzpete(m): 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
Mbeki:

Because a fool will never ask you why you directed him to take an action.
Lord Lugard dream is born out of wickedness, he and his masters back then in Europe didn't want to see a united african kingdom, that was why he joined people with dissimilar interest together, fooling them to believe they are one.
The funniest thing is that the collective goons in Lord Lugard, dream country always refers themselves as one Nigeria, whereas they know deep inside them that they don't love each other

Can you people quit with the whining already? There are many countries around the world where dissimilar peoples have been joined together and are living and working together in peace.
I cringe anytime i see more of you people blaming Lord Lugard for their failings.

if Nigerians cannot take responsibility for the poor state of the nation, then there is no hope for us. If you like, blame Lord Lugard for the current fuel scarcity and Yar'Adua's absence. Nonsense.
Re: Who Are Nigerians? by Mbeki: 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2010
texazzpete:

if Nigerians cannot take responsibility for the poor state of the nation, then there is no hope for us. If you like, blame Lord Lugard for the current fuel scarcity and Yar'Adua's absence. Nonsense.

What you fail to understand is that, you and I has to first of all agree before we can achieve anything meaningful as a nation.
Where in this life is that going to happen in Nigeria?
We have never agreed, we don't agree and we won't agree to work together as one.

You know why? we don't see each other as one.
So there is nothing like Nigeria, what we have is co-joined ethnic groups who don't wast any minute to identify themselves when the chips are down.
Go to the National Assembly and see what I mean

(1) (Reply)

Edo Health Workers’ Strike Claims 10 Lives / Boko Haram Opens Kung Fu School. Pictures / President Goodluck Jonathan [ph.d.] On "state Of The Nation" Lwkmd!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.