Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,742 members, 7,892,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:38 PM

See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World (1564 Views)

How Fast Charging Works And Phones With Fastest Charging. / Which Network Provider In Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Connection? / ntel Is The Fastest Internet In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by Tecmobs(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2017
Top 10 countries with fastest internet in the world 2017 - Electronic devices are things that we use every day and has a huge influence on our daily life. Especially very fast Internet is becoming more and more important for nearly everybody with the release of 4G LTE network, probably more important than the devices themselves, and is now our most preferred means of everyday communication.

However, to enjoy the uninterrupted services of the internet, you need to have good connectivity. There are two important metrics in bandwidth allocation (measured in Megabits per second or Mbps): download and upload speed, denoting the speed of inbound and outbound data respectively.

The average web page loads at 6.3 Mbps universally, a number that denotes how many million bits of data can be moved in a second.

While 6.3 mbps is quick enough to send an email or watch a Netflix show, it’s still very slow.

Akamai Technologies, a Massachusetts-based internet provider, did a study on how the internet speeds measure up in countries worldwide. The company releases a report every quarter that ranks countries as per their internet speed.

Top 10 countries with fastest internet in the world

Here is a list of countries with fastest internet in the world

1. South Korea

According to the Akami report, people in South Korea enjoy the fastest internet in the world. The country’s average internet speed measures 29 Mbps, which is 4.6 times as quick as the global average.

To put things in perspective, the average HD film is about 5,000 MB. A computer could download that in a little over two and a half minutes at 29 Mbps speed.

In spite of more than 80% of South Korean households have access to some of the world’s fastest internet connections, they face usage limitations. Several internet users have to face strong internet censorship in South Korea, according to a report released last year by the nonprofit Freedom House.

2. Norway.

Norway witnessed the biggest growth (68%) in internet speed at 21.3 Mbps since last year in comparison to any other country in the top 10. At this speed, a computer could upload or download about five high-quality photos per second.

3. Sweden.

Sweden’s internet offers an average of 20.6 Mbps, which means that many people hardly face any experience delays, even if they have multiple applications running that use a lot of bandwidth.

Since last year, the country has noticed a 32% increase in speed.

4. Hong Kong

Hong Kong was the first country in the world to hit 60 Mbps in 2013. Today, its residents enjoy an average internet speed of 19.9 Mbps.

See Full List Here https://tecmobs.com/2017/09/top-10-countries-with-fastest-internet-in-the-world-2017.html

Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by finnestdope(m): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
Really?
Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by BreezyCB(m): 8:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
Nigeria

Number 380
Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by Daviestunech(m): 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2017
BreezyCB:
Nigeria

Number 380
my Nigeria dey no 419 grin
Wey b say to see 1mb/s self na war

2 Likes

Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by Friedyokes: 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2017
Glo ooooooh

1 Like

Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by Adams1010: 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
I think Nigeria should be among the countries that has poor network speed
Imagine glo network speed sometimes is 5kb/s on 3G and 50kb/s on 4G
Even snail self fast pass that level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by tosyne2much(m): 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
I was downloading this morning with my Airtel line with download speed of 15kb/sundecided

Na thunder go fire them

1 Like

Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by decub: 6:29am On Sep 03, 2017
I was thinking Norway is number 1. Thumbs up!
Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by EGDesignz(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2017
I dy fear d way technology dy advance these days o

For ur music artworks, digital painting, logo etc holla @ EG Designz

Re: See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2017
Nigeria is like 9th to last am sure, cos our own is in kilobytes, God give me Norway internet, I need that type not glo that is not even showing anything

(1) (Reply)

Tecno L8 / Is Your Glo Data Browsing At The Moment? / Samsung Galaxy J4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.