Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,536 members, 7,917,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:46 PM

Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" (1414 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Pastor Hacks Wife For Failing To Attend Church / Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by july123(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
A religious cult leader ordered a baby to be starved to death after failing to say ‘Amen’ before a meal, a court heard yesterday.
Christian Queen Antoinette ordered 16-month-old Javon Thompson be deprived of food after he failed to thank God before eating, it is claimed.
The 41-year-old is on trial for murder along with her daughter, Trevia Williams, 22, and Marcus Cobbs, 23.
Ria Ramkissoon
Starved to death: Ria Ramkissoon and her son Javon Thompson, who wasn't given any food after failing to say, 'Amen' before eating
As the boy died, between December 2006 and January 2007, the three members of the now-defunct 1 Mind Ministries are said to have prayed for his resurrection.
They then destroyed all evidence of his death and stuffed his body in a suitcase, which they hid in a shed behind a home in Philadelphia, assistant state's attorney Julie Drake told jurors.
The jury heard how Javon’s mother, Ria Ramkissoon, was recruited into he cult and did nothing to stop him from wasting away, even though she was 'distraught' over his slow and agonising death.
Ramkissoon pleaded guilty last year to child abuse resulting in death and plans to testify against Antoinette, Williams and Cobbs.
At her insistence, the plea deal included an extraordinary provision: ‘If Javon comes back to life, the plea will be vacated.’
Queen Antoinette
Trevia Williams
Accused: Queen Antoinette and her daughter Trevia Williams
Ramkissoon, then a teenage single mother, joined the cult because she wanted to become a Christian and was told she wouldn't have to work or go to school, Drake said.
The members lived together in a small apartment and were forced to abide by an increasingly strict set of rules, and Antoinette was 'leery' of Javon, it was claimed.
'If she perceived a rebellious spirit in someone, she would characterise it as demonic,' Drake said.
The cult members 'did everything they could think of' to make Javon say 'Amen' before Antoinette ordered them not to feed him until he did, she told the court.
Antoinette later took the boy away from his mother and placed him in Williams' care, the prosecutor said.
'In full view of every member of that household, Javon wasted away,' Drake said.
'If this little boy had ever had the capacity to say “Amen”, he surely lost it.
‘He could not say anything.'
Ramkissoon prayed for days for Javon to be resurrected, and Antoinette 'told her it was her fault' the boy did not come back to life, Drake said.
The three, who are representing themselves, appeared in court yesterday.
Antoinette, who is facing a first degree murder charge, declined to make an opening statement.
Williams and Cobbs - who have been charged with second degree murder - spoke briefly.
Williams suggested the prosecution's theory of the case was flawed. 'Pay attention to details,' she said.
Cobbs pledged that 'when the truth comes out,' jurors would realise the defendants are not guilty.
'The truth shall set you free,' he said. The all deny the charges.
The trial continues.

Re: Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
source?
Re: Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by july123(m): 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2010
Re: Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by jagunlabi(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2010
Starved a 16 month old baby to death for not thanking god?Can you all see how religion can easily drive one insane?  I am so angry  right now . . . i mean, 16 bloody months old baby!!Goodness me . . . they stood by and watched as this poor child died of hunger, and then prayed for ressurrection?I am speechless.
Re: Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by Mikaela: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
AH ! Exactly why I HATE religion with a passion ! Nothing good ever comes out of it.
Re: Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by Kgdavid(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
^^ this act of madness by uneducated people is representative of religion? what about science? must i tell you about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? every thing good is also subject to mis-use and abuse
Re: Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
Mikaela:

AH ! Exactly why I HATE religion with a passion ! Nothing good ever comes out of it.

hitler . . . ya hate western civilization too with a passion?

See, you dont "hate" religion with a passion because of this (never mind you lied on the other thread that you didnt hate religion) . . . you HATE it because it asks of you to live a life of purity and demands a surrender of your fleshly lusts and will . . .

You HATE religion because it exposes the rotteness of your own life . . . you HATE it because it condemns you to eternal hell.

See . . . crimes like this occur once in a blue moon . . . we've had the likes of Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot . . . who have condemned millions to death. I never hear hypocrites like you howl and mourn the way you do when it comes to individual criminal cases that just happen to involve religious people.

One other thing i must mention . . . note how these people who pretend to "hate religion" actually ONLY HATE CHRISTIANITY! You never see them bawling at islam or buddhism.
Re: Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by Kgdavid(m): 11:10pm On Feb 23, 2010
davidylan:

See, you dont "hate" religion with a passion because of this (never mind you lied on the other thread that you didnt hate religion) . . . you HATE it because it asks of you to live a life of purity and demands a surrender of your fleshly lusts and will . . .

You HATE religion because it exposes the rotteness of your own life . . . you HATE it because it condemns you to eternal hell.

See . . . crimes like this occur once in a blue moon . . . we've had the likes of Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot . . . who have condemned millions to death. I never hear hypocrites like you howl and mourn the way you do when it comes to individual criminal cases that just happen to involve religious people.

One other thing i must mention . . . note how these people who pretend to "hate religion" actually ONLY HATE CHRISTIANITY! You never see them bawling at islam or buddhism.

couldn't have put it better
Re: Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" by Mikaela: 12:47am On Feb 24, 2010
davidylan:

You should really stop posting. Where in the world did I say I didn't hate religion? I don't have anything against believers rather religion. You're really a prick. And for your information, I HATE islam as well. When you have nothing to say, shut up !

(1) (Reply)

Congratulation To All / The Tests - Warning Challenges Ahead / Is The Genesis Creation The First Ever Creation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.