Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:20 AM

Question To Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question To Christians (372 Views)

Honest Question To The Christians / Seminarian Onyekachukwu Martins Converts Nonbelievers To Christians In Akwa Ibom / Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question To Christians by KIDKKY(m): 12:37am On Sep 03, 2017
According to (Leviticus 20:10) the punishment for adultery is death.

Mark 10:11
"Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12
"And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Question To Answer

I noticed that the rate people divorced nowadays is very copious even among pastors. People divorced, re-marry another person and still attends Churches and allegedly consider themselves Christians.

My question to those people according to Bible: Wouldn't HE/SHE be put to death since they have committed adultery?

Source: http://www.thomasloaded.com/2017/09/question-to-christians.html

Re: Question To Christians by winner01(m): 2:59am On Sep 03, 2017
Who Is supposed to put them to death?
Re: Question To Christians by Ololanla: 7:06am On Sep 03, 2017
If the purpose of divorce is due to reason beyond the control of either the parties then it won't be count as sin. Imagine after wedding you realised the so call wife turn to be a man or she's a witch (or other way round) or something really serious that can cost either of the parties their destinies/lives, Will you still ask the man/ woman to go ahead with such marriage??
I believe if such man or woman go into a new marriage after seeking the face of God on the matter, God will accept it. So nothing like death in this case except the purpose of divorce is based on selfish reason or something.
Even the death is not necessarily a physical death.
You need God's guidance in taking such serious decision anyway.
Re: Question To Christians by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Feb 28
KIDKKY:
■ According to (Leviticus 20:10) the punishment for adultery is death.
Mark 10:11 -- "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."
Mark 10:12 ---"And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."
■ Question To Answer -- I noticed that the rate people divorced nowadays is very copious even among pastors. People divorced, re-marry another person and still attends Churches and allegedly consider themselves Christians. My question to those people according to Bible: Wouldn't HE/SHE be put to death since they have committed adultery?
1. I am not here to carry brief for the religion of Christianity which lacks consistency in its claims. If you paid attention to the verses you quoted from Mark, you would find that it is not divorce in and of itself that is frowned upon aka Sin, but rather remarriage after divorce particularly in the case that the preceding divorce was not a result of fornication(a cheating ex). undecided

2. Well, sadly, Christians are majorly blind to the fact that the Law of Moses from where the commandment you quoted from the Book of Leviticus comes ought not to apply to any man living today. The Law of Moses is only valid for those born to the blood of Jacob who is meant to adopt instead the New agreement, Jesus Christ since their existence under the Old Law of Moses is a cursed one. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Siam Foundation Wishes All Muslims Across The Globe Happy New Hijrah Year / How Well Do You Know The Bible (QUIZ) / Discerning The Presence Of Angels(3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.