Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 (23643 Views)

Gospel Singer, Lionel Peterson Dies At 74 / Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 / Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by ayourbamie: 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2017
uglodoh:

I thought it was Segun Adewale that sang won re ti eleya mi. RIP to the Legend.

Thanks, its aiye nreti eleya I wanted to type.
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by oyejohn: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
Araye o ema reda pin o..won reti eleya o araye won reti eleya o nibo lefi toluwa si...Rest on Legend
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by knowhowk: 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
ayourbamie:
Aiye nreti eleya, nibo le fi toluwa Si o.

Awodi nfo lo ke re re o loun fe Mo Oluwa.

If tell me that u love me baby, why do you say u don't
. Agbalagba ton ta roba feye ,too ba fisile ..... Prince Adekunle ...Rest in the blossom of the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by ajepako(f): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
Christane:
R.I.P sir ..bt i dnt knw him.

You know Sir Shina Peters, right?

That was the man that Shina Peter served under as a young musician
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
ajepako:

You know Sir Shina Peters, right?

That was the man that Shina Peter served under as a young musician

He sang "Aiye N'reti Eleya". That very popular track!

2 Likes

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by femi4: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sunofgod:
Never heard of him.....
Indomie pikin. That man trained sir shina peters
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by Toosure70: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
eezeribe:
Legend kọ... Guinness Ní..
Omo ale jatijati

1 Like

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by gidjah(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
ayourbamie:
Aiye nreti eleya, nibo le fi toluwa Si o.

Awodi nfo lo ke re re o loun fe Mo Oluwa.

If tell me that u love me baby, why do you say u don't
god bless u sire,eku ere opolo,u remind me of his old lines...he was a gentle juju maestro way back

1 Like

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by SUPERBOY2309(m): 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
maximum rest to a passing away icon, i doff my cap for you PRINCE ADEKUNLE {BABA ADITU EDE}. forever be love by music lover.
Extend my farewell to Baba Adebayo Faleti, Prince Gbenga Adeboye and the co Past Legend. We love you all. YOUR WORK SPEAKS ON. RIPP...... undecided undecided
AGBALAGBA TO N TA RUBBER SEYE.... BI O BA FISILE YIO WONA.... cry cry cry

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by holatunde1759(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
placeofallure:

Where is the map? We don't even know where the East is.

You ppl will not kee someborri
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by vpaymoney(m): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
Deckylicious:
who be this wan. We duh know him here in the East

East is not part of Nigeria naa.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by mkoabiola: 11:47pm On Sep 03, 2017
D indomie children will not know this legendary juju musician.

Baby,u tell me say u love me y u saying no
U love me I love
U kiss me I kiss u .
Ololufe ma no KO wa le

1 Like

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by juman(m): 2:19am On Sep 04, 2017
Unfortunate, those people worked very hard but one nigeria problem didnt allow them see the fruit of their labour.

Bad economy and piracy destroys their efforts.

One nigeria is a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by placeofallure(f): 2:29am On Sep 04, 2017
holatunde1759:

You ppl will not kee someborri

Don't die hmmmn grin
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by Wolexyoshi(m): 7:32am On Sep 04, 2017
Truthisit:
He trained Dayo Kujore as well.

Even Sir Shina Peters and Segun Adewale were his boys way back.
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by stevedre: 10:53am On Sep 04, 2017
Deckylicious:
who be this wan. We duh know him here in the East

Many people from the east know his music and some also know him. Rugged man used his music as chorus for his reply to 9ice when they had issues, the song is titled a word is enough for nice.
I am not yoruba but I have his album on my play list. He is/was a true Legend, R.I.P Sir.

1 Like

Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by stevedre: 11:04am On Sep 04, 2017
placeofallure:

Where is the map? We don't even know where the East is.

You know where the east is stop pretending, lol. People don't appreciate talented artists in Nigeria. Truth is, many people from the east know his music more than his name/face and some also know him. I became his fan when Rugged man used one of his music as chorus for his reply to 9ice when they had issues, the song is titled a word is enough for nice.
I am not yoruba but I have his album on my play list. He is/was a true Legend, R.I.P Sir.
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by placeofallure(f): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
stevedre:

You know where the east is stop pretending, lol. People don't appreciate talented artists in Nigeria. Truth is, many people from the east know his music more than his name/face and some also know him. I became his fan when Rugged man used one of his music as chorus for his reply to 9ice when they had issues, the song is titled a word is enough for nice.

Ose jawe stevedre! Don't mind that naughty deckilicious or warefa be him name.
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by stevedre: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
placeofallure:

Ose jawe stevedre! Don't mind that naughty deckilicious or warefa be him name.

I am always having issues with some of my friends when they hear me listening to talented artist like General prince Adekunle, I always tell them this people never used voice filtering and the instrumentals were not fake or programed thats why their live performances are always (if not better) than their recorded songs.
Was watching Bright Chimezie performing live in 2015 and I was like wow, after so many years he is still good and the band was awesome. I am listening to Aiye Nreti Eleya Aropin Ni T'enia right now and its bursting my medulla as usual.
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by placeofallure(f): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
stevedre:

I am always having issues with some of my friends when they hear me listening to talented artist like General prince Adekunle, I always tell them this people never used voice filtering and the instrumentals were not fake or programed thats why their live performances are always (if not better) than their recorded songs.
Was watching Bright Chimezie performing live in 2015 and I was like wow, after so many years he is still good and the band was awesome. I am listening to Aiye Nreti Eleya Aropin Ni T'enia right now and its bursting my medulla as usual.

Yes you're correct, the voice was raw, no assisted technology or some sort. When I first listened to Bright Chimezie, I was awe stricken, the track was : the black man wey dey here is commiting suicide. We are loosing them one by one. No more Oliver de Coque, no more Barry Wonder, no more Fatai Rolling Dollar, no more Sir Orlando Owoh. I belong to the indomie generation but I just love these legends. Death is an inevitable end for all mortals.
Re: Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 by stevedre: 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
placeofallure:

Yes you're correct, the voice was raw, no assisted technology or some sort. When I first listened to Bright Chimezie, I was awe stricken, the track was : the black man wey dey here is commiting suicide. We are loosing them one by one. No more Oliver de Coque, no more Barry Wonder, no more Fatai Rolling Dollar, no more Sir Orlando Owoh. I belong to the indomie generation but I just love these legends. Death is an inevitable end for all mortals.

You really have a great taste for good music. Music is like love, you feel it once it strikes you, well I guess the quest for money instead of what really gives us joy have eaten deep into the system to the extent almost all new artists want to be a hiphop star just for the fame and money not really because they have the talent for it. This our culture and its unfortunate they keep losing their relevance with each passing day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Okoye's Baby's Mother Stuck In London Hospital Over Unpaid Bills / Ifu Ennada Loses The Friends She Had Before BBNaija / 10 Stylish Photos Of Adaeze & Joseph Yobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.