Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,512 members, 7,923,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 03:14 PM

Okocha - Kahn Doesn’t Like Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha - Kahn Doesn’t Like Me (693 Views)

When Jay Jay Okocha disciplined Oliver Kahn during match (Throwback) / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha - Kahn Doesn’t Like Me by UrbanNG(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nigerian legend Austin Okocha has revealed that former Germany goalkeeper Oliver Kahn is still unhappy with him 23 years after he scored a wonder goal against the revered shot stopper.

Okocha stated this at an interactive media briefing tagged ‘ Bundesliga Legend Tour with Jay-Jay Okocha’ organised by Pay Television Company StarTimes and DeutsheFussballLiga.

Karlsruhe keeper Kahn had come out of his line to thwart an Eintracht Frankfurt attack during a Bundesliga game in 1993, but Okocha turned him inside with his dribbles, with the German tumbling down inside the box.

But the Nigerian was not done yet as he dribbled past more Karlsruhe defenders, going past some of them twice, before slotting in past Kahn, who had enough time to recover but couldn’t stop Okocha.
“Kahn doesn’t like me, he has taken it personal. I was just doing my job, I didn’t have the intention to hold the ball too long but he was at the receiving end. I am grateful to God for that because people can still identify me with something in Germany,” he said.
The ex-Super Eagles captain asserted that starting his European career in Germany triggered his professional career. He left Nigeria for Germany at 17 and started out with a second division side FC Saarbrucken before moving up to become one of the biggest stars of the Bundesliga.

Full Story here: https://www.urbanng.com/2017/09/okocha-kahn-doesnt-like-me.html?m=1
Re: Okocha - Kahn Doesn’t Like Me by Tolexander: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
Why will he like u after disgracing him on the pitch to score that iconic goal
Re: Okocha - Kahn Doesn’t Like Me by joxxy01(m): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Identifies Premier League Boss As Top Target To Replace Zidane / Which Team Is Going To Make It To Round Of 16 - Lets Drop Our Predictions / Chinese Clubs Fight Over Aubameyang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.