Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:43 PM

Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. (809 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu, His Father And South-East Governors Meet In Enugu (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu & His Father Meet With South-East Governors In Enugu / Nnamdi Kanu & His Wife Visit His Lawyer, Ejiofor In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by gnss(m): 10:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
I am of Yoruba Origin, My mother and and father are from Yoruba Land ,Here on Nairaland Yoruba are mostly referred to as Afonja ,either in an Abusive way or not that is not my concern at all .I decided to let people know the ethnic part I belongs to so as to clear everyone's mind as a Non Igbo person ,having it in mind at the same time that anyone that must write or speak in favour of Biafra Agitation must be Igbo or anyone writing or speaking against it must be either a Yoruba or an Hausa person .Please let us keep Sentiment apart ,Let us face the reality,I know no matter how Objective and clear I sound ,Sentiments mentality ,Ethnic Rivalry and tribalistics comments has taken over the body ,soul and spirit of some here ,Nevertheless I still hope there are people with better reasoning with Objective and No side taking comments here .In a nutshell The call for a Referendum to me is not Terrorism ,War Moves ,Its a Non Violent Request ,I do not see anything wrong about this .Why is The Federal Govenrnmnet not given ears to this rather than saying Nigeria is Non Negotiable ,which Nigeria ? Who gave birth to Nigeria ,Who are the Representatives of the Nigerian people that came to a round table to bring about the birth of Nigeria ,One person is never WE ,A referendum (plural referendums, see below) is a direct vote in which an entire electorate is asked to vote on a particular proposal. This may result in the adoption of a new law. In some countries, it is synonymous with a plebiscite or a vote on a ballot question.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
I think the problem is that we have leaders who are both intellectually deficient and intellectually dishonest. The only problem I see with Kanu's agitation is insults, which is evident in all major agitations all over the world.

Simply watching people in Barcelona protest for a new country Catalonia will show you this. Insults is common. It is bad. But no matter how bad it appears, their is some logic in it.

In all call for referendum and independence where insult is commonplace there's usually the trait of disobedience and stupidity in the ruling class. The violent people are usually in power at that time.

This is why acting in a way contrary to their evil nature will never get their attention. You approach them with meekness and you wasting time. Approach them in their garment and you prick. I think that's Kanu's method.

On a grander note, the whole thing is sickening. To make Nigeria work we must create a single identity and not heterogeneous ones. If we can't do that and some persons want out, it can. never be logical to hold them back.

The Oyo empire existed for over 900 years before it was weakened internally and consequently by the colonialists. The Nri Kingdom existed for over 900 years before the colonialist forced them to join Nigeria.

It becomes not just slavish but also stupid to say that the selfish creation of a thief must not be dismantle. I don't see the men who colonised Africa as liberators but witches, warlocks and criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by ebukahandsome(m): 11:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
You made a very big point here. Your impartiality know no bound. With two or more sane minds like yours in our presidency,it will reduce drastically, the complain.
Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:03am On Sep 04, 2017
When your in government or in power, it's non-negotiable because you swore an oath to uphold the sovereignty and oneness of the state and vice versa.

Even their senators can't push for it as it's not in our constitution...until amended.

For now let's entertain ourselves and give bloggers traffic to make money.
Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by 9jabull: 12:09am On Sep 04, 2017
gnss:
I am of Yoruba Origin, My mother and and father are from Yoruba Land ,Here on Nairaland Yoruba are mostly referred to as Afonja ,either in an Abusive way or not that is not my concern at all .I decided to let people know the ethnic part I belongs to so as to clear everyone's mind as a Non Igbo person ,having it in mind at the same time that anyone that must write or speak in favour of Biafra Agitation must be Igbo or anyone writing or speaking against it must be either a Yoruba or an Hausa person .Please let us keep Sentiment apart ,Let us face the reality,I know no matter how Objective and clear I sound ,Sentiments mentality ,Ethnic Rivalry and tribalistics comments has taken over the body ,soul and spirit of some here ,Nevertheless I still hope there are people with better reasoning with Objective and No side taking comments here .In a nutshell The call for a Referendum to me is not Terrorism ,War Moves ,Its a Non Violent Request ,I do not see anything wrong about this .Why is The Federal Govenrnmnet not given ears to this rather than saying Nigeria is Non Negotiable ,which Nigeria ? Who gave birth to Nigeria ,Who are the Representatives of the Nigerian people that came to a round table to bring about the birth of Nigeria ,One person is never WE ,A referendum (plural referendums, see below) is a direct vote in which an entire electorate is asked to vote on a particular proposal. This may result in the adoption of a new law. In some countries, it is synonymous with a plebiscite or a vote on a ballot question.

Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by otosa(m): 12:25am On Sep 04, 2017
gnss:
there is something I want you to know that the moment Nigeria Govt. Allow the referendum, that its end of Nigeria because all the other Groups will also ask for the same thing and another thing I want u to know is that people are just pretending we have tired of being called Nigeria we want to Try something new. But it has not too late if Federal Govt. Can at least allow restructuring which will allow every state or region to develop on their own. If not! believe me alĺ of us should prepare of any otherwise. Please do me a favour look around u and point out any Federal project around u , can u point a single one? Or can u tell me what have u ever benefitedfrom federal Govt. If u can't mentioned one from the body that taking the lion share of our resources that show u that very soon that otherwise that we are trying to prevent will happen and nobody can't stop it then. 1963 constitution ïs the answer to this problem before it will be too late.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 04, 2017
otosa:
there is something I want you to know that the moment Nigeria Govt. Allow the referendum, that its end of Nigeria because all the other Groups will also ask for the same thing and another thing I want u to know is that people are just pretending we have tired of being called Nigeria we want to Try something new.

Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by 9jabull: 6:07am On Sep 04, 2017
otosa:
there is something I want you to know that the moment Nigeria Govt. Allow the referendum, that its end of Nigeria because all the other Groups will also ask for the same thing and another thing I want u to know is that people are just pretending we have tired of being called Nigeria we want to Try something new. But it has not too late if Federal Govt. Can at least allow restructuring which will allow every state or region to develop on their own. If not! believe me alĺ of us should prepare of any otherwise. Please do me a favour look around u and point out any Federal project around u , can u point a single one? Or can u tell me what have u ever benefitedfrom federal Govt. If u can't mentioned one from the body that taking the lion share of our resources that show u that very soon that otherwise that we are trying to prevent will happen and nobody can't stop it then. 1963 constitution ïs the answer to this problem before it will be too late.

Buhari must grant us referendum but not restructuring, its after referendum those that voted for Nizooria can now talk of how they can restructure but count us out.
On Biafra no going back.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by gnss(m): 7:10am On Sep 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I think the problem is that we have leaders who are both intellectually deficient and intellectually dishonest. The only problem I see with Kanu's agitation is insults, which is evident in all major agitations all over the world.

Simply watching people in Barcelona protest for a new country Catalonia will show you this. Insults is common. It is bad. But no matter how bad it appears, their is some logic in it.

In all call for referendum and independence where insult is commonplace there's usually the trait of disobedience and stupidity in the ruling class. The violent people are usually in power at that time.

This is why acting in a way contrary to their evil nature will never get their attention. You approach them with meekness and you wasting time. Approach them in their garment and you prick. I think that's Kanu's method.

On a grander note, the whole thing is sickening. To make Nigeria work we must create a single identity and not heterogeneous ones. If we can't do that and some persons want out, it can. never be logical to hold them back.

The Oyo empire existed for over 900 years before it was weakened internally and consequently by the colonialists. The Nri Kingdom existed for over 900 years before the colonialist forced them to join Nigeria.

It becomes not just slavish but also stupid to say that the selfish creation of a thief must not be dismantle. I don't see the men who colonised Africa as liberators but witches, warlocks and criminals.
. You are on Point.
Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by Tkester: 7:26am On Sep 04, 2017
Nothing! Self determination is an inalienable right of indigenous people. Nnamdi Kanu strategy is working if not the govt and Nigerians won't be talking about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by ripbubu: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

zoo must fall
Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by gnss(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2017
Nigeria case should not be an exemption ,who says it should be ? Referendum was held in other countries ,Its non Violent , All these mentioned Countries Like Egypt ,Morocco, Bangladesh held Referendum .,Even though Indonesia did not recognise Referendum in there Constitution Independence referendum in East Timor province took place in 1999, paving the way of East Timor province independence from Indonesia in 2002.. Iran in 1979 and after the Islamic Revolution had toppled the Iranian monarchy, a referendum was held to choose the future governing system of the country. The question was a simple yes or no to the Islamic Republic, a system which combines direct representation with religious authority. The Islamic Republic was established after more than 98% of the population voted yes.Pakistan
General Pervez Musharraf held a referendum in Pakistan on 30 April 2002 to legitimize his presidency and assure its continuance after the approaching restoration of democracy. He thus extended his term to five years after the October 2002 elections. The voter turnout was 80 percent by most estimates, amidst claims of irregularities. A few weeks later, Musharraf went on TV and apologized to the nation for "irregularities" in the referendum.
Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2017
otosa:
That's true but the constitution was made for man and not man for the constitution. I'd like to see Nigeria work but not on these current terms. We can't reject federalism, reject any form of restructuring and reject the confab reports and still reject secessionist ideas. We are simply building a nuclear warhead that will auto detonate one day.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:38am On Sep 04, 2017
gnss:
Nigeria case should not be an exemption ,who says it should be ? Referendum was held in other countries ,Its non Violent , All these mentioned Countries Like Egypt ,Morocco, Bangladesh held Referendum .,Even though Indonesia did not recognise Referendum in there Constitution Independence referendum in East Timor province took place in 1999, paving the way of East Timor province independence from Indonesia in 2002.. Iran in 1979 and after the Islamic Revolution had toppled the Iranian monarchy, a referendum was held to choose the future governing system of the country. The question was a simple yes or no to the Islamic Republic, a system which combines direct representation with religious authority. The Islamic Republic was established after more than 98% of the population voted yes.Pakistan
General Pervez Musharraf held a referendum in Pakistan on 30 April 2002 to legitimize his presidency and assure its continuance after the approaching restoration of democracy. He thus extended his term to five years after the October 2002 elections. The voter turnout was 80 percent by most estimates, amidst claims of irregularities. A few weeks later, Musharraf went on TV and apologized to the nation for "irregularities" in the referendum.
Exactly. If Nigeria must not adjust to become workable then the individuals that make up the entity deserve the right to try whatever they think will make them happy. As long as it doesn't infringe on the rights and existence of other persons.
Re: Biafra: What Is Wrong With Nnamdi Kanu/his Followers Agitation?. by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:46am On Sep 04, 2017
Folks like op is the reason why I choose not to abuse the Yoruba tribe anymore. Keep it up bro, the truth shall set you free!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FEC Meeting Should Be Annually – Reno Omokri Mocks Buhari / Why We Are Launching Military Operation In South West - Army / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Guardian Newspaper Headlines [23 September, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.