Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,380 members, 7,881,364 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:51 PM

Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown (21972 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by wales(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
The Greedy First Family  grin grin grin

Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by wales(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
Offshore President is back grin grin grin

Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by snowdrops(m): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2010
olafemi:

CHAI!!!! our presido is now coming into his country like a thief in the night, oya now lets watchout for "THE THIEF IN THE NIGHT PART 2" lipsrsealed
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by joshO: 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE*********

When you see Yar, scrutinize him for any signs of recent plastic surgery. Carefully analyse the
bridge of his nose, his vocals, skin and posture. The last few months may have been
spent 'impacting' Yar's profile in someone else!
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by AfroCynic: 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
How do we even know the president is back sef, they have not shown us proof, for all we know all that might have a ruse,
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
nlers dont b tribalistic in judgement.d north ar nt d only cause of our problem.To me when u say d north or south, To support ur view u instead look like d problem.lets b objective.

Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by beeke(m): 2:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
Some tyms i wonder how this politicians think and act seriously this guys think and act like something dat breath through dem A.NU.S how can a president of a nation sneak into his own country is he now a criminal or wot, light off in airport, parking somewhere next to a bush, rendering the military officer on guard incommunicado {via seizing of handsets} OH NIGERIA WHAT THE F.** HAS BEFALLEN THOU.  i wonder,,,,,,, i just wonder
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by ODISON: 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
Presido is back, agreed but haven't seen him for 4 months. lets agree he is back, my challenge goes to Mallam El- Rufai who say he can only come back if the president comes back. Oga El-Rufia oga don come back you too make you come back----------- if you no dey fear.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Megadeals: 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
If Yar'Adua is not in a position to step down by himself due to mental incapacity or whatever, the National Assembly should set a deadline after which he should be promptly impeached. The level of secrecy surrounding his sickness bodes ill for the stability of Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Tonyet1(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
For the notes:

Cant this man just giveup and take care of himself?

Must you rule?

well sha:

"Umaru is likened to a man dancing to the drums of the underworld."

Welcome back to your *coughing-pls excuse me* sessions during meeting
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by naijaswag1: 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yar'Adua is an oracle that does not appear in public or on electronic gagdets.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by kobikwelu(m): 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2010
guys listen to this

****WHILE MUNCHING GUGURU AND SIPPING ZOBO***** cheesy grin grin grin

the northern lot have gotten their wish,

they have effectively turned the ex-acting-vice-spare tyre-president into a sitting duck.

ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's Acting President Goodluck Jonathan will continue to run state affairs while President Umaru Yar'Adua recovers after three months of medical treatment in Saudi Arabia, the presidency said on Wednesday.

"President Yar'Adua wishes to re-assure all Nigerians that on account of their unceasing prayers and by the special grace of God, his health has greatly improved," Yar'Adua's spokesman Olusegun Adeniyi said in a statement.

"However, while the President completes his recuperation, Vice President Jonathan will continue to oversee the affairs of state," the statement said.

all they have to do is to formulate one crap and tell goodluck that oga presido said this,
in any instance that goodluck wanna show some initiative, they(the northern maluus) will sternly remind him that oga presido would not like it.

pity,

more guguru and zobo is being produced at this address.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by naijaswag1: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
Tonye-t:

For the notes:

Cant this man just giveup and take care of himself?

Must you rule?

well sha:

"Umaru is likened to a man dancing to the drums of the underworld."

Welcome back to your *coughing-pls excuse me* sessions during meeting

He must be president oh.When he was asked to resign,he refused while garnering the support of the cowards who inhabit Nigeria.I don't mind if a mentally retarded man is our president.Moreover the past sane leaders have left us in the negative for 50 years.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by ndigbo: 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2010
My question is which way forward? Firstly i need electricity! Welcome Sir, dead or alive
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by speeddater: 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
Can someone please pass the guguru and zobo please. Turning into a rather long soap-opera.

@kobikwelu abeg email me small zobo and plenty guguru while we continue to pray for those that seek the good of Nigeria (Goodluck) and reverse the fortune of those that do not (Kitchen cabinet)
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by willyede(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2010
I dey see danger danger wahala dey! This man na ghost or na person! I think this particular movie should be titled "THE RETURN OF YAR Part 1
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by trashable: 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
he just ask his information aide to make a statement on his behalf that he cannot rule for now until he recovered well enough.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by joshO: 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
If the status quo persists, , there'll be a COUP in the next month. Please take note
of this comment.

The boys in uniform will have no worries over legitimacy. Yar's illegitimate attitude has
provided sufficient grounds for this action, and the entire international community will welcome
any purposeful, stabilizing change.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by OYBMEND: 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2010
joshO:

If the status quo persists, , there'll be a COUP in the next month. Please take note
of this comment.

The boys in uniform will have no worries over legitimacy. Yar's illegitimate attitude has
provided sufficient grounds for this action, and the entire international community will welcome

We will not accept any coup south of the Niger
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by chelseabmw(m): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2010
northeners are jokers!
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by KnowAll(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2010
of this comment.

Looks like what we have now in Nigeria is a subtle civilian coup, the military boys have tested the water and realise there is no one in charge of the nation at this point in time.

Somebody wrote an article Jonathan a stranger in Uthaman dan Fodio’s estate the VP now does not even look like stranger in Dan Fodios Estate, he looks lost in the vast maze called Abuja. Jonathan Goodluck has being humiliated, his Soldiers have taking orders from someone who is not even the head of State, if that is not mutiny then someone please advise me on what mutiny means. JG was told he would be giving the Shonekan treatmentif he dosent play ball, but the treatment he has just be giving is even worst than Shonekan’s
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by muhsin(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2010
No comment.  grin
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by obimag(m): 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yar'Adua returns but Nigeria deputy stays in charge

President Umaru Yar'Adua was out of Nigeria for three months
Nigeria's acting leader will run state affairs while President Umaru Yar'Adua recovers after three months' medical treatment abroad, the presidency says.
The 58-year-old's surprise return from Saudi Arabia comes two weeks after Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan took over, amid fears of a power vacuum.
Mr Yar'Adua's condition is unknown - he has not been seen in public and it is unclear when he could resume office.
His plane from Jeddah was met at Abuja by an ambulance in the early hours.
"President Yar'Adua wishes to re-assure all Nigerians that on account of their unceasing prayers and by the special grace of God, his health has greatly improved," the president's spokesman, Olusegun Adeniyi, said in a statement.

YAR'ADUA ILLNESS TIMELINE
23 Nov 2009: Goes to hospital in Saudi Arabia
26 Nov: Doctors say he has pericarditis, a heart problem
23 Dec: First court case filed urging him to step down
5 Jan 2010: Two more court cases filed, rights group wants president declared "missing"
12 Jan: President gives telephone interview from Saudi Arabia
27 Jan: Cabinet declares president fit
29 Jan: Court says no need for formal transfer of power
9 Feb: Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan made acting president
24 Feb: Yar'Adua returns

Profile: President Umaru Yar'Adua
Q&A: Nigeria political crisis
Suffering and cursing in Nigeria
"However, while the president completes his recuperation, Vice-President Jonathan will continue to oversee the affairs of state," it added.
Acting President Jonathan postponed a weekly cabinet meeting on Wednesday, telling ministers he would hold a special briefing at 1400 (1300 GMT).
President Yar'Adua has not been seen in public since flying to Jeddah last November to be treated for pericarditis, an inflammation of the membrane protecting the heart.
Analysts say there has been considerable jostling for power behind the scenes as politicians look ahead to elections due by April next year.
In Mr Yar'Adua's absence, acting President Jonathan has been reshuffling ministers, pledging to tackle power shortages and forging ahead with an amnesty for militants in the oil-rich Niger Delta.
The amnesty was seen as Mr Yar'Adua's major achievement since coming to power in 2007, but it had been jeopardised by his absence.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MsTom(f): 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
speeddater:

Can someone please pass the guguru and zobo please. Turning into a rather long soap-opera.

@kobikwelu abeg email me small zobo and plenty guguru while we continue to pray for those that seek the good of Nigeria (Goodluck) and reverse the fortune of those that do not (Kitchen cabinet)

Gurguru and zobo passed.

Those in Nigeria, what is going on? Has Jonathan spoke? has anyone seen a glimpse of yaradua? Who is on seat as the president? Please pass  info asap.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by jidobaba(m): 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

Gurguru and zobo passed.

Those in Nigeria, what is going on? Has Jonathan spoke? has anyone seen a glimpse of yaradua? Who is on seat as the president? Please pass  info asap.

I take umbrage at this condescending tone. angry
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by slap1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
We are nothing but pencils in the hands of these motherfu<er$.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by abhosts(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
This power play just assumed a dangerous dimension. What many people fail to realize is that Yari has long given up on the presidency. It is Jezebel wife and criminal gluttons who surround her that are putting the nation though all this mess.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Tonyet1(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
naija_swag:

He must be president oh.When he was asked to resign,he refused while garnering the support of the cowards who inhabit Nigeria.I don't mind if a mentally retarded man is our president.Moreover the past sane leaders have left us in the negative for 50 years.

Dont mind His excellency, when asked , his reply was that he wouldnt for the interest of the nation.

I wondered, what more could be for the interest of the nation than a sick man resigning from office honorably and pave way for another with strength and vision rather than portray to the international community that over 180million people can be ruled by one sick dude.

May God help Nigeria!
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by boyt1: 3:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yaracorpes came back to 9aa. i no fit laugh. Anyway, we shall see how the Northern power hustlers will win this one. If the southerners will agree to this ridiculous manipulations  of power, time will tell. But i smear BIG WAHALA FOR 9jaa.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MsTom(f): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
@obimag,
If the reason why Jonathan is acting is cos yaradua is sick, then he has little or no power. He only does what the president tells him to do from whereever he is moreso when he is back to his country. Death or Impeachment of a president would only give the vice full control.

Am sensing a big problem to come. They should have impeached him. Now he is back. those power drunk men are ready to rule whether on life support or not. Afterall, he is in aso rock. Do we even know how his voice sounds? can they allow anyone get close to him to see the back of his ears to see if there are scars. Who came back? Yaradua or his look alike? did he come back on his feet or on a body rap? who saw him? any photo shot of his arrival? did he actually arrive? why the secrecy? Cant wait for these answers o,

Better go get more popcorn and soda (not going to patronize zobo for now- am annnoyed at these northerners),
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by MsTom(f): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
jidobaba:

I take umbrage at this condescending tone. angry

Why?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2010
I will follow the development well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Okada-Man Flings Himself In Front Of Oncoming Trailer Over Seizure Of Bike / Lauretta Onochie: "Bayelsa Produced The Worst President In History Of Nigeria" / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts PDP, APC For Calling For Prosecution Of Ekweremadu’s Attacker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.