Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,361 members, 7,974,501 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:23 AM

Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb (15345 Views)

Poll: Which side will win this 1st leg encounter?

Inter: 61% (42 votes)
Chelsea: 32% (22 votes)
goal less draw?: 1% (1 vote)
Score draw?: 4% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 15th February 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by doyin13(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
Mourinho is proving to be overrated.

I am starting to look at his team
at Porto in a serendipitous light  grin grin

He simply doesn't have the most able personnel
and this despite Morratti making money available.

Milito and Etoo cannot work as a pairing
and his defence doesn't inspire confidence
either. Sneijder is nothing more than a midlevel
player and he is key to making the system Mourinho
plays to work.

Chelsea should beat them. They have a better team.

Some pieces just don
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
Slurping Ashley Cole's ball bags!!

Like you do edoyad right?
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by snowdrops(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
john terry to blame for the first goal
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by HNIC(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
jalether:

This is unbelievable, I hope he is not another Ovrebo in the making, but to fair the ref has gotten most decisions right tonight
Really
he didn't see it
he was too far away from the incidence to be so sure
He looked at the Linesman and unfortunately, linesman was thinking about his nagging wife back home!
Ridiculous!
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by chic2pimp(m): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
snowdrops:

First half
further confirms my knowledge that inter are a mediocre team
How so? undecided
Inter are giving as good as they are getting.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by snowdrops(m): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
doyin13:

Mourinho is proving to be overrated.

I am starting to look at his team
at Porto in a serendipitous light  grin grin

He simply doesn't have the most able personnel
and this despite Morratti making money available.

[b]Milito and Etoo cannot work as a pairing[/b]and his defence doesn't inspire confidence
either. Sneijder is nothing more than a midlevel
player and he is key to making the system Mourinho
plays to work.

Chelsea should beat them. They have a better team.

Some pieces just don
but the combination has produced the only goal so far
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Tatase(f): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2010
jalether:

Soz but I can't see any dive

There was contact and a bit of pushing but Kalou threw himself to the ground in a way that didn't match the contact. It's true that technically it's a penalty and yes penalties have been given for less this season, but penalties have also NOT been given for worse than that.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by snowdrops(m): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2010
chic2pimp:

How so? undecided
they are but chelsea has the upper hand
loot at the stats
possession, shots on/away from target, corners, passes completed ITS ALL CHELSEA
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by uzezi82(m): 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
Brilliant atackin footie 4rm chelsea,but hw many touches did kalou ned 2control dat ball?
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by snowdrops(m): 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
Tatase:

There was contact and a bit of pushing but Kalou threw himself to his knees in a way that didn't match the contact. It's true that technically it's a penalty and yes penalties have been given for less this season, but penalties have also NOT been given for worse than that. So. . .
you are trying to create a debate where there is none lady

ask yourself, had that tackle been made outside the 18 yard box would it or not have been a foul?

any tackle from behind is only calling for trouble
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by jalether(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2010
chic2pimp:

How so? undecided

Are we watching the same game here, do you mind telling us what stats say in the 1st half, we have dominated d game completely while inter

are contempt with the 1 goal advantage and just sitting back @ the san siro for that matter shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by FBS: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
Tatase:

hmmm. . . the diving!! It's been sha giving for less this season. But no penalty jare.
We can authoritatively say that you know nawting about footie. wtf!

To be honest, I thought I wont be able to watch this match. . .but well. . .Let's go there!

We only need to stretch Inter's defense. Someone better talk sense into Kalou.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by snowdrops(m): 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
uzezi82:

Brilliant atackin footie 4rm chelsea,but hw many touches did kalou ned 2control dat ball?
ask me o.
the guy is dwelling too much on his ball and drifting too much into the middle
he should try and remain more on the wings and provide width to the chelsea team
thats the way you can get behind this mean inter defence
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Tatase(f): 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2010
Chelsea seem to be losing the ball really easily at crucial moments.

snowdrops:

you are trying to create a debate where there is none lady

ask yourself, had that tackle been made outside the 18 yard box would it or not have been a foul?

any tackle from behind is only calling for trouble

I'm actually not trying to cause a debate. Did I say it WASN'T a penalty? I just said that Kalou made a bit of a meal of it.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by FBS: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2010
snowdrops:

ask me o.
the guy is dwelling too much on his ball and drifting too much into the middle
he should try and remain more on the wings and provide width to the chelsea team
thats the way you can get behind this mean inter defence

+1. Spot ON!
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by chic2pimp(m): 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2010
snowdrops:

they are but chelsea has the upper hand
loot at the stats
possession, shots on/away from target, corners, passes completed ITS ALL CHELSEA
Fair enough chelsea have the upper hand however no way has Inter been mediocre.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by snowdrops(m): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
Tatase:

Chelsea seem to be losing the ball really easily at crucial moments.

I'm actually not trying to cause a debate. Did I say it WASN'T a penalty? I just said that Kalou made a bit of a meal of it.

no meal here man
it was a stone wall penalty end of
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by nateevs(m): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
Even Anelka is dwelling too much on the ball. .
Push the ball and move into space. . That's the way to break them down.

When we hold the ball for too long . .

Ballack's last season Honestly. . .
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by edoyad(m): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
All of us complaining about the match being boring are ungrateful. Try watching the German league, may be save for Bremen, and see boring personified.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by jalether(m): 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
Ibime:

This is not Anelkas problem. . . this is Ancelotti's problem. . . .

What did you notice about Inters goal?

We are not playing 4-3-3. . . Ancelotti needs to force Anelka to play wide.

At the moment, Ballack is playing both central midfield and right midfield.

We were overloaded on the right-side when Zanetti pushed forward, and we had no one to stop him. . . that was how Inter scored their goal.

Ancelotti HAS to force Anelka to pull wide.

Besides, Inters left wing is so open, Anelka would do the damage there, not in the centre which is already crowded.

Ancelotti needs to pull his finger out his backside!!!

Pls quite the 4-3-3 talk, Anelka ball hogs too much regardless of the formation and that is clearly his main weaknesses. Simple
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by honeric01(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
wouldn't give a penalty kick either, not too clear to be given.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by chic2pimp(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
jalether:

Are we watching the same game here, do you mind telling us what stats say in the 1st half, we have dominated d game completely while inter

are contempt with the 1 goal advantage and just sitting back @ the san siro for that matter shocked shocked shocked shocked

I won't say chelsea have dominated. Sure they had the better first half but dominate? undecided
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by A40(m): 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2010
Hehehe in the history of Niggerdom ojoro has always canceled ojoro! Last week y'all where laughing at us now its your turn
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by akinalabi(m): 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2010
honeric01:

wouldn't give a penalty kick either, not too clear to be given.

Not too clear? He was tripped twice in 2 seconds. That was as clear as daylight.

Why wasnt he booked for diving then the way Milito was?
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by chic2pimp(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
dayokanu:

Like you do edoyad right?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Pharoh: 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
akinalabi:

Not too clear? He was tripped twice in 2 seconds. That was as clear as daylight.

Why wasnt he booked for diving then the way Milito was?

Milito dived without any contact so that makes it different from kalou's.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by nateevs(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
goal
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by jalether(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
Goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, Solomon . . . . . .
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
GoaL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by HNIC(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
Kalouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Ibime(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
Kaaaaaaaaaaaaalooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by chamotex(m): 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
Who was criticising Kalou earlier?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Brighton (1 - 2) - Live / France Vs Albania : Euro 2016 (2 - 0) On 15th June 2016 / Chelsea Vs Sevilla : UCL (0 - 0) -On 20th October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.