Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,920 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

"Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" (1146 Views)

Moses Did Not Write The Book Of Job. Who Wrote It? / Is The Heavenly Quran Devoid Of Mistakes? / If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
"Isn't the Bible full of mistakes since men wrote it?"

It is true, that men wrote the Bible. But let me ask you a question: when you write a letter, do you write the letter or does the pen? Well, you write the letter, but the pen is the instrument that you use. In the same way, God penned His letter to humanity through the instruments of men. The Scriptures say of themselves, "ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God" (2 Timothy 3:16). I have been reading the Bible every day without fail for about three decades, and I haven't found any mistakes in God's Word. In fact it is full of Scientific facts, medical facts, and full of prophecies that prove that that Book is inspired by Almighty God.

A young man once received a letter from a lawyer. The letter said: "You have been left money by your grandmother." So he went in to the lawyer, sat in his office, and the lawyer read him the letter. It (the last will and testament of his grandmother) said: "I hereby leave my grandson $20,000 and my Bible, and all that it contains." Well, he knew what the Bible contained, so he took that old Bible with its brass clasps and stuck it on the high shelf in his room. Then he spent that $20,000 in about three months, and lived his life as a pauper, barely scraping for every meal and the clothes on his back. About sixty years later his relatives had to come and take him away -- he was so destitute. As he reached up to get a hold of that old Bible off the shelf, and as his trembling hands grabbed it, it suddenly slipped out of his hands and fell on the floor and opened up to reveal a $100 bill between every page! That man could have lived his life in luxury but didn't, simply because of his prejudice.

The Bible is full of riches - the riches of everlasting life. It is the greatest riches that anyone could ever want. Don't let your prejudice stop you getting right with God. Call upon His Name. Say, "God forgive me, I'm a sinner." Confess your sin to Him, name your sin, and you will find that God will prove Himself to you and suddenly the Bible will come alive as the living Word of God which it is.

From "The Evidence Bible"
https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 17 August 2014 ยท
www.livingwaters.com

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by psucc(m): 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
What a confused mind!

1 Like

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by Julivas(m): 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
No mistake at all. It was written by men of God who are inspired by the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by Originakalokalo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=60155261][/quote]

Well done sir.

1 Like

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
psucc:

What a confused mind!

Who is confused, you, me or the OP? undecided
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Well done sir.

God bless you my brother. cheesy
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
Julivas:

No mistake at all.
It was written by men of God who are inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Good job!

1 Like

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by dabraska: 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
Of course! Written be the inspiration of God. That's why there are different versions. Some are more complete than others. Some have two different accounts of the same event.

Well done!
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
dabraska:

Of course! Written be the inspiration of God. That's why there are different versions. Some are more complete than others. Some have two different accounts of the same event.

Well done!

There are thousand of versions of the Bible. Some version in Chinese, some in Russian, some in modern languages and some in foreign languages, there are some version in the old English. There are even versions in your own language. However, each translation is based on the original biblical texts.
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by Ranchhoddas: 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
The pen and letter analogy is a dumb one.
If I am to write a letter, I will try to make my thoughts as clear as possible so that if a hundred people read it, they will get the same understanding even if their levels of education aren't the same.
If I fail at this, I will never blame the pen.
You also have to consider that I am not omnipotent.
Omnipotence gives you the ability to prevent any confusion that might arise as a result of misunderstanding.

That story was totally made up.

3 Likes

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

The pen and letter analogy is a dumb one.
If I am to write a letter, I will try to make my thoughts as clear as possible so that if a hundred people read it, they will get the same understanding even if their levels of education aren't the same.
If I fail at this, I will never blame the pen.
You also have to consider that I am not omnipotent.
Omnipotence gives you the ability to prevent any confusion that might arise as a result of misunderstanding.

That story was totally made up.

At the heart of atheism is a desire to pursue sin and avoid God. Watch the movie here: www.AtheistMovie.com

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by Ranchhoddas: 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

At the heart of atheism is a desire to pursue sin and avoid God. Watch the movie here: www.AtheistMovie.com
I did not expect something reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

You wouldn't understand the Bible because of the love of your sinful lifestyle. The moment you are ready for the truth you will begin to understand the spiritual book. cool
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by Ranchhoddas: 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You wouldn't understand the Bible because of the love of your sinful lifestyle. The moment you are ready for the truth you will begin to understand the spiritual book. cool
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by dabraska: 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

There are thousand of versions of the Bible. Some version in Chinese, some in Russian, some in modern languages and some in foreign languages, there are some version in the old English. There are even versions in your own language. However, each translation is based on the original biblical texts.

I do understand the various translations. How come some bibles are more complete than others?
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by Wilgrea7(m): 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
if it has no errors.. does it mean it is true? since when did mistakes become a benchmark for determining true religion?

also.. it is wrong to use a verse from one book to defend the entire bible
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
Wilgrea7:
if it has no errors.. does it mean it is true? since when did mistakes become a benchmark for determining true religion?

also.. it is wrong to use a verse from one book to defend the entire bible

are you a skeptic or Christian?
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by Wilgrea7(m): 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

I've not really given myself a tag.. i won't call myself a Christian ... lets just say I'm not religious
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54am On Sep 11, 2017
dabraska:

I do understand the various translations. How come some bibles are more complete than others?

The books of the Bible are 66, no more no less. Any one adding to them are adding them at their own risk.
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57am On Sep 11, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

The Lord gives His beloved sleep. cheesy
Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04am On Sep 11, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

That is why atheism doesn't make sense.

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02am On Aug 27, 2018
Wilgrea7:

I've not really given myself a tag.. i won't call myself a Christian ... lets just say I'm not religious

It's either you are a Christian or a sinner there's no middle ground. cool

1 Like

Re: "Isn't The Bible Full Of Mistakes Since Men Wrote It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

Good question. cool

(1) (Reply)

Bennyann: Is This Another Liar Or A Case Of Eye Problem? / The Coming Of The BEAST / Pastors And Who Eva Has The Gift of Dream Interpretation Pls Come To My Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.