Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,345 members, 7,881,281 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:46 PM

Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage (1210 Views)

When She Tells You, No Sex Before Marriage / What Nobody Tells You About Sex / Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by Nairalandsss(m): 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
Firstly, one should digest the fact that a marriage could be the best decision in one’s life or it could also go wrong.When it goes wrong, one need not sit and regret as no relationship is perfect on the planet. Our false expectations make us think that a marriage should be perfect without a single conflict.That is the reason why it is better to discuss about certain things nobody tells you about marriage. Once you know how to cut short your expectations, even the slightest joys that your marriage brings will start thrilling you.If you have been thinking that marriage is one everlasting romantic phase that lasts for a lifetime, then maybe it is time to be more practical and realise that there could also be some dull moments in the package too; but still it is worth it.Here are some things that nobody tells you about marriage.

Things that nobody tells you about marriage are:

1.Attraction Wanes: This is one of the things nobody tells you about marriage. Even if you marry the most beautiful woman or a handsome man, one fine day, the attraction is sure to wane.You may feel that your partner is no longer attractive or your partner may feel the same about you. But still, the marriage can survive if you rise above such things.

2.A Single Entity: The media has made us believe that two people should become a single entity after marriage. A Single Entity The media has made us believe that two people should become a single entity after marriage.

3.The Void Within: Most of us try to fill the void inside our hearts with our relationships or marriage.For us marriage is the ultimate relief and that is why we pin all our hopes on it but we tend to get disappointed when those hopes remain unfulfilled even after marriage. This is what no one tells you about marriage.

4.Hatred: It is impossible to love your partner during all times in life. At least once, you may hate your partner and the same applies to your partner, we are human beings.

5.The Child Enters: Some of us may think that a child can keep the parents glued even if they have disagreements. This could be far from truth.Things may worsen after children enter. But it all depends upon how wisely we handle the problems without creating much of a damage to anyone. This is one of the things no one tells you about marriage.

6.The Honeymoon Stage Ends: That sweet initial phase where both of you can’t even release the other from a hug will soon come to an end.At least, once in a lifetime, either one of you may wonder why you have married. But still, the marriage can go on.

7.Things May Worsen But: This is what nobody tells you about marriage. As time passes by, arguments may increase but it doesn’t mean that a marriage has to fail. It is natural to have disagreements and it is wise to solve them.

These are the things that nobody tells you about marriage.

Mynd44 lalasticlala

http://www.naijabroad.com/things-nobody-tells-marriage/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by Oyindidi(f): 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lastly, marriage no get manual. All the relationship expert manual no dey work for marriage o. Look well before you jump enter marriage.

This op and marriage thread be like fish and water
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
OP u try
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by FemiEddy(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one op
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by Godmother(f): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
Well said OP. Marriage is so different from relationship and it could sometimes be an eye opener. One beauty about it though, even with the attraction wanning, is the fact that your love gets to a whole new, deeper level. Not the much stuff you felt while courting, but a deeper, more committed love.

In the meantime, check my signature for stories on topical women issues
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by shortgun(m): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
8. You will surely get tired of eating one type of soup your whole life.
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by AngelicDamsel(f): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
I relate marriage with maths.......... It looks simple when you talk about it, but when you tie the knot...............

Then you will know that +Khaki no be leather+
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by Davidgrey: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nairalandsss:

2.A Single Entity: The media has made us believe that two people should become a single entity after marriage. A Single Entity The media has made us believe that two people should become a single entity after marriage.

Socially "two" become "one" when married, Granted they are "two separate people with distinct personalities," and have distinct individual needs and desires......

However, when we choose to join with another in marriage, Your pronouns become “we” and “ours”, rather than “me” and “mine”

Your spouse is now a part of you, so just as you would protect and care for yourself; You are "expected" to do the same for your spouse

It would be unwise to take care of only "one" part of your body and neglect the rest, Eventually..... the neglected part would suffer and cause your entire body to suffer

Having said that....not only is your "social combination" evident in your children that have the combination of your genes, You "share one name, share the same struggles, same goals/aspirations"

Entering a marriage without the "mental orientation" that you and your partner are "ONE" is fatal, That social logic isn't a "media propaganda," It's social common sense.

8 Likes

Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by xedyl(m): 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
Oyindidi:
Lastly, marriage no get manual. All the relationship expert manual no dey work for marriage o. Look well before you jump enter marriage.

This op and marriage thread be like fish and water

It's educative...beta u take note of this little details.
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by Oyindidi(f): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
xedyl:

It's educative...beta u take note of this little details.
I should be educating you. I said lastly, meaning I agreed with him
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
cheesy
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by pbethel: 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
Christ makes d home beautiful. Adeboye just celebrated 50th anniversary, marriage is beautiful. We are waxing stronger day by day
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by Queenserah26(f): 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one OP
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by bamisepeters(m): 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thumbs up op... The grace of God will sustain any marriage, it isn't by anyone's power or ability.

1 Like

Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by xedyl(m): 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
Oyindidi:
I should be educating you. I said lastly, meaning I agreed with him
what followed ur "lastly" seems to rubbish what the op detailed and abt u educating me...we all live and learn dear...he's welcoming you.
Re: Things That Nobody Tells You About Marriage by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one op. Tell them,marriage is not telemundo

(1) (Reply)

People Ask: My Girlfriend Smokes, Should I Continue Dating Her ?? / Any Other Person Experiencing This ? / Are Nigerian Women Romantic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.