Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. (1549 Views)

People In Jewish Attire Storm Umuahia Streets With Biafra Insignia (Photos) / Don’t Instigate Another War, Kanu Tells Buhari / Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
Sequel to the agitations by Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) for a Biafran Country, It is unfortunate that man at some point in life get tired of peace and would gladly embrace violence and death, but isnt it cruel for a person or group of people to embark on a mission that would bring about the death of millions of people, young and old, mothers and children...case study The Nigerian Civil War, commonly known as the Biafran War, (6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970).

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/civil-war-in-nigeria

It is well documented how Late Lieutenant Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu lead 1 million Igbos to their early graves, he fled the country but later returned to dine with the same country he went to war with (1 million souls sacrificed for a pot of porridge). Nnamdi Kanu is no different judging by his demeanor, his speeches and relatively unknown background.

When people fail to ask questions they become tools. Is Nnamdi Kanu chasing a personal agenda at the detriment of sacrificing the lives of his Igbo brothers and sisters? read between the line in his recent speech.

"I gave a speech in Aba, Abia State on Sunday and I made it absolutely clear that the boycott stays. We must boycott election in Anambra State.It is our civic responsibility to do so and that’s what we are going to do – total and absolute boycott, to let the whole world understand the strength of IPOB on the ground, in Anambra State" Nnamdi Kanu.

http://sunnewsonline.com/nnamdi-kanu-explodes-nigeria-ll-burn-if-im-re-arrested/

Is this not what Boko Haram tried to achieve? claim a territory, establish a government in a government...how is this not a treasonable act? one may ague he is not using violence to achieve this but his next speech doesn't suggest he wont use violence if given the chance:

"I don’t care! Quote me verbatim.If I’m re-arrested, this country will burn, I assure you. From where that oil money they depend on, they can no longer have access to it. I assure them that. This is not empty threat. We’re IPOB, we don’t abandon our own". Nnamdi Kanu

http://sunnewsonline.com/nnamdi-kanu-explodes-nigeria-ll-burn-if-im-re-arrested/

He successfully roped himself with those words. Give a proud, over ambitious and desperate man a microphone, sit back and watch him destroy himself. Sadly, United Nations(UN) cannot save him from this cowardice.

So, why wouldn't the Nigerian government want to go to "another civil war" with Biafra? A wise Father would consider the cost of hospital bills should he hit his child so hard because the child offends him.

President Buhari is indeed patient and has transformed to become a peace loving man, you know why? he is probably considering the above analogy.

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2017

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by MyNewJackeT: 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by 7inches: 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
undecided
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2017
Buhari is a very kind old man, if i had been president i would not have tolerated all the insults Kanu throws my way. In fact, i would have exterminated him with extreme prejudice and send the army to the streets. Luckily for us, Patience dosen't last forever. One day na one day

1 Like

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by Bibors(m): 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bibors:
Nonsense

Yeah...truth hurts, i understand.
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by maslong(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
fuul
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by trillville(m): 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
Op
The question you should be bothered about is why do people join fringe organisations like boko haram and ipob? If the leaders of these groups do not have some persuasive message, why will anyone join? There are so many countries on earth, why is it that these groups do not exist in most countries? Why is nigeria's case different?

Looking at nigeria's current economic trajectory, the future seems very bleak. Even if nnamdi were no more, another person from another region will still clamour for war. The reason for this is extreme poverty. Poverty is on the rise in nigeria and would keep rising for the foreseeable future because our leaders are not interested in changing the status quo.

There is no merit and no justice in nigeria. Have you ever read Asari dokubo's story? He was a student in rivers state. He partook in a protest and students were shot at. A girl beside him was hit and he had to carry the girl's body until she passed away. Today he is a militant. No one thinks about the madness of the army that lead to his transformation.

What about shekau? I don't know much about him but I heard he grew up in kaduna or Jos. Considering the number of riots and unjust killings that have happened in these cities, it is not hard to imagine what could have made shekau go crazy.

Statistically, the more religious a nation is, the poorer the masses. Why? People do not believe in merit or hardwork but in unmerited favour. People use sentiments in making decisions as merit is thrown out the window.

The only nation that has a section of people that are overly religious yet the masses do not suffer is the united states. However, A closer look at the US will reveal that the masses in the religious parts are much poorer than the masses in the general public.

Nigeria is in a big mess. The last opportunity to invest in our future was wasted by Jonathan. Oil is going no where near a hundred dollars. Today we have entered a period of slow growth. If massive changes are not made, this period will last for the foreseeable future.

The smart money are moving out of the country with their children. Where there's poverty, there's hunger abd a hungry man is an angry man so somehow somewhere war is inevitable in nigeria's future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ifeajuna was the only core Igbo man that played a major role in the 1966 coup, there was also Nzeogwu from Niger Delta, 4 Yorubas, two Northerners, one Tiv, one Esean and yet it was called an "Igbo coup" and the North has yet to "forgive" us for that. The Yorubas who had more representation amongst the coupist also joined to propagate that misleading information.

Except Olisah Metuh , I am not aware of any Igbo man or woman who played a major role in the Dasuki $2billion bonanza and yet Igbos are the most corrupt people in Nigeria and we are the only ones that love money.

Since the time of Isaac Adaka Boro , the Niger Delta has been the hotbed of restlessness and strife in Nigeria but we the Igbos are the trouble makers.

Almost all the bloody riots in Nigeria occurred in Yoruba land and the North but we the Igbos are the trouble makers and killers.

Kaduna is the Nigerian Kidnap headquarters but the arrest of Evans turned every Igbo man into a Kidnapper.

Anini and Shiner Rambo who made armed robbery history in Nigeria are not Igbos but Igbos are accused of being armed robbers every where.

8 out of 10 ritual killings take place in Yoruba land but Igbos are dubbed ritualists in Nigeria.

Majority of the prostitutes in Italy and Dubai are from Lagos and Benin but Igbos are called prostitutes every day in Nigeria.

From the NDLEA 2014 report, the record of arrests for drug trafficking was......katsina-609. Kano-503, Bauchi -471, Lagos-434, Akwa Ibom-401.
Google it if you have any doubts and yet Igbos are tagged as drug pushers.

Boko Haram has caused more havoc to Nigeria than any other group and yet Igbos are the destroyers of Nigeria !

All the unprovoked attacks by Fulani herdsmen have gone unresolved , not a single arrest or prosecution but we kept quiet and prayed to God instead but still no one is happy.

Arewa youths ordered Igbos to leave the North but we didn't reciprocate with a similar order against Northerners, they still live among us in peace and continue to destroy our crops with their cattle and we suck it up and continue with our lives but they are still not happy.

Buhari offered dialogue to Boko Haram inspite of all that they have done but all he has for IPOB has been bullets and needless bravado !

What have we done to you to be hated and misrepresented in this way ?

Nnamdi Nwokeuku

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by ImperialYoruba: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
misterme:
Ifeajuna was the only core Igbo man that played a major role in the 1966 coup, there was also Nzeogwu from Niger Delta, 4 Yorubas, two Northerners, one Tiv, one Esean and yet it was called an "Igbo coup" and the North has yet to "forgive" us for that. The Yorubas who had more representation amongst the coupist also joined to propagate that misleading information.

Except Olisah Metuh , I am not aware of any Igbo man or woman who played a major role in the Dasuki $2billion bonanza and yet Igbos are the most corrupt people in Nigeria and we are the only ones that love money.

Since the time of Isaac Adaka Boro , the Niger Delta has been the hotbed of restlessness and strife in Nigeria but we the Igbos are the trouble makers.

Almost all the bloody riots in Nigeria occurred in Yoruba land and the North but we the Igbos are the trouble makers and killers.

Kaduna is the Nigerian Kidnap headquarters but the arrest of Evans turned every Igbo man into a Kidnapper.

Anini and Shiner Rambo who made armed robbery history in Nigeria are not Igbos but Igbos are accused of being armed robbers every where.

8 out of 10 ritual killings take place in Yoruba land but Igbos are dubbed ritualists in Nigeria.

Majority of the prostitutes in Italy and Dubai are from Lagos and Benin but Igbos are called prostitutes every day in Nigeria.

From the NDLEA 2014 report, the record of arrests for drug trafficking was......katsina-609. Kano-503, Bauchi -471, Lagos-434, Akwa Ibom-401.

Boko Haram has caused more havoc to Nigeria than any other group and yet Igbos are the destroyers of Nigeria !

All the unprovoked attacks by Fulani herdsmen have gone unresolved , not a single arrest or prosecution but we kept quiet and prayed to God instead but still no one is happy.

Arewa youths ordered Igbos to leave the North but we didn't reciprocate with a similar order against Northerners, they still live among us in peace and continue to destroy our crops with their cattle and we suck it up and continue with our lives but they are still not happy.

Buhari offered dialogue to Boko Haram inspite of all that they have done but all he has for IPOB has been bullets and needless bravado !

Nnamdi Nwokeuku

Yinmu!
Bloody cannibalist
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by Bibors(m): 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=KingOfAmebo post=60171307]

Yeah...truth hurts, i understand.[j/quote]

More Nonsense
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by mrnigerdelta: 12:04am On Sep 06, 2017
op I guest u are one of d parasites, but this is not 1967

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:29am On Sep 06, 2017
mrnigerdelta:
op I guest u are one of d parasites, but this is not 1967

Some of the best lessons we ever learn are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom and success of the future.

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.

The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.

You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your 'mistakes' for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

War is never an option...people die, both young and old, it is so easy to destroy than to build...it is demonic to spill the blood of innocent people. if you truly love your children or people you wont engage in actions that would spill their blood.

Take a closer look at the pictures from the past Civil War...would you want your children to be in such condition?

Again, The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by cheruv: 5:35am On Sep 06, 2017
OP ejii okwu... You miscalculated by using the photos of our fathers in the sixties to mock us kos there are many Igbos who are silently praying to have a opportunity to avenge the insults of the sixties

2 Likes

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by KANUIPOB: 5:49am On Sep 06, 2017
Nothing will happen to Igbos, but the fool Kanu will surely pay for what he is looking very soon. I saw one guy yesterday on youtube talking rubbish that Nigeria will burn should anything happen to Kanu,, so I laugh at the stupidity of that lads. so the Kanu and his group think they are the most powerful on planet. nobody has monopoly of violence, but is normal for us as a people to be civil in our action if Kanu and his group think that they can do anything then let them put their threat on test.
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by sekxyqueen(f): 5:52am On Sep 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Yinmu! Bloody cannibalist
why not prove him wrong..instead you resulted to meaningless comment

1 Like

Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by KANUIPOB: 5:56am On Sep 06, 2017
cheruv:
OP ejii okwu... You miscalculated by using the photos of our fathers in the sixties to mock us kos there are many Igbos who are silently praying to have a opportunity to avenge the insults of the sixties

kanu was the idiot mocking the Igbos. remember Nigeria fight war not the Northern as you people has tag it to be Northern and Igbo war. when the time comes Nigeria will fight again and you will be defected this time or wipe out totally.
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by ripbubu: 6:43am On Sep 06, 2017
GoroTango:
Buhari is a very kind old man, if i had been president i would not have tolerated all the insults Kanu throws my way. In fact, i would have exterminated him with extreme prejudice and send the army to the streets. Luckily for us, Patience dosen't last forever. One day na one day
you are a rat.. Ask your self what happened to other evil president that killed people without a just cause.. .you think people will clap clap for you when you kill because someone called you a fool
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by ripbubu: 6:46am On Sep 06, 2017
KANUIPOB:

kanu was the idiot mocking the Igbos. remember Nigeria fight war not the Northern as you people has tag it to be Northern and Igbo war. when the time comes Nigeria will fight again and you will be defected this time or wipe out totally.
after frustration hit you you become confused.. .comon boko Haram that don't have anything you can't wipe out.. .wait until boko Haram kills you then you will wake up in hell
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by kocvalour(m): 7:22am On Sep 06, 2017
KingOfAmebo:
Sequel to the agitations by Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) for a Biafran Country, It is unfortunate that man at some point in life get tired of peace and would gladly embrace violence and death, but isnt it cruel for a person or group of people to embark on a mission that would bring about the death of millions of people, young and old, mothers and children...case study The Nigerian Civil War, commonly known as the Biafran War, (6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970).

It is well documented how Late Lieutenant Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu lead 1 million Igbos to their early graves, he fled the country but later returned to dine with the same country he went to war with (1 million souls sacrificed for a pot of porridge). Nnamdi Kanu is no different judging by his demeanor, his speeches and relatively unknown background..

When people fail to ask questions they become tools. Is Nnamdi Kanu chasing a personal agenda at the detriment of sacrificing the lives of his Igbo brothers and sisters? read between the line in his recent speech.

"I gave a speech in Aba, Abia State on Sunday and I made it absolutely clear that the boycott stays. We must boycott election in Anambra State.It is our civic responsibility to do so and that’s what we are going to do – total and absolute boycott, to let the whole world understand the strength of IPOB on the ground, in Anambra State" Nnamdi Kanu.

Is this not what Boko Haram tried to achieve? claim a territory, establish a government in a government...how is this not a treasonable act? one may ague he is not using violence to achieve this but his next speech doesn't suggest he wont use violence if given the chance:

"I don’t care! Quote me verbatim.If I’m re-arrested, this country will burn, I assure you. From where that oil money they depend on, they can no longer have access to it. I assure them that. This is not empty threat. We’re IPOB, we don’t abandon our own". Nnamdi Kanu

He successfully roped himself with those words. Give a proud, over ambitious and desperate man a microphone, sit back and watch him destroy himself. Sadly, United Nations(UN) cannot save him from this cowardice.

So, why wouldn't the Nigerian government want to go to "another civil war" with Biafra? A wise Father would consider the cost of hospital bills should he hit his child so hard because the child offends him.

President Buhari is indeed patient and has transformed to become a peace loving man, you know why? he is probably considering the above analogy.

TRASH[b]
KingOfAmebo:

It is well documented how Late Lieutenant Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu lead 1 million Igbos to their early graves, he fled the country but later returned to dine with the same country he went to war with (1 million souls sacrificed for a pot of porridge). Nnamdi Kanu is no different judging by his demeanor, his speeches and relatively unknown background..

TRASH[/b]
KingOfAmebo:

TRASH
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by babyfaceafrica: 7:26am On Sep 06, 2017
Noted
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by attackgat: 7:41am On Sep 06, 2017
KingOfAmebo:

What is Nigeria but a mere 1914 British colonial arrangement? This colonial arrangement is what you people must adopt as their country? That is enslavement and Igbos will not stand for it. Igbos have a right to self determination and the right to say what their country is. Nobody loves war or fighting but more often than not, people have to fight for their freedom. Freedom is one of the few things in life is worth fighting and dying for.

Of course you will see people say that Ojukwu led 1 million people to their deaths but you will never hear the same people say what actually led to the war.

1945 Jos massacre
1953 Kano massacre
1966 massacre in which over 50,000 Igbos men, women and children were killed all over Nigeria.

So Igbos should have been jumping and dancing for ONE NIGERIA while being massacred? Ojukwu should have folded his hands and watch his people get butchared because of the fear of war?

The Igbo nation fought for its independence as the warriors they are against unbelivable odds and I am proud of them despite the cost. Only slaves get butchared and they do nothing.

Nigeria is but a fraudulent colonial creation of 1914 and Kanu represents those who are tired of Nigeria
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by daveson2020(m): 8:50am On Sep 06, 2017
Unity beggers and their unity threads embarassed keep preaching about ONE NIGERIA that is no longer interesting. I have never seen where an ideology was killed. People fail exams and rewrite it again until they succeed. Ojukwu failed, nnamdi kanu will try if he fails another person will still try it will be going on like this till we restore our biafra nation.
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by Almaiga: 10:03am On Sep 06, 2017
misterme:

Nnamdi Nwokeuku

Trash, is it not your people that go to these areas you mentioned to perpetrate the Crime?
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by ericuzor(m): 10:23am On Sep 06, 2017
KingOfAmebo:

may amadioha strike you do you know how pained I am seeing this pix, some people just upload pix and say rubbish just to make a selfish point. You can't scare an Igbo man with pix of war you will only anger him more into aggression seeing how his people died this is the problem of Nigeria government they try to scare Biafra's with pix of war forgetting how the mindset of and average Igbo man operate. Nigeria government needs to apologise to the Igbo nation and Biafra's starting from buhari he should broadcast it live from there watch how the nation will be healed not by reminding them how you killed there father's and sisters on national TV.
Re: Analogy: Reason The Nigerian Government Wouldn't Want "Another War" With Biafra. by cheruv: 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
KANUIPOB:

Story!!!
Can Nigeria defeat the combined armies of Biāfra, Israel, China and Russia?
Biāfra can mobilize 10M for war, China can send 2M, Russia 1½M, Israel 500K.
Even if the whole of Nigeria is put under arms, she can't mobilize an army to match us tank for tank and fighter for fighter

(1) (Reply)

Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military / 2019 : Buhari Will Get Zero Vote In Benue -tiv Traditional Council / Presidential Candidates Profiles For 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.