Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,955 members, 7,890,156 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:09 AM

They Were Never Addressed As Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / They Were Never Addressed As Christians (1487 Views)

8 Important Ways To Achieve Success As Christians. / Letter Addressed To Pope Containing Bullets Intercepted / Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 5:42am On Sep 06, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Just because it's common, don't mean it is right.

What do you suggest Christians should be called . Jesus witnesser or Gospel preacher.

lemme add, does the fact that we refer to ourselves as Christians, makes it punishable by God. You know the punishment for sinners at least

Bottom line, is God never calls anyone a Christians . Jesus never called anyone a Christian, the
disciples never themselves Christians,

By default, when they were first called Christian, as the disciples custom in the Acts of the Apostle were, they never wrote any letter saying they should tell people not to address them as one, if you find any, bring it to my notice.

Acts11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. 27 And in these came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch.

Peter never called anyone a Christian,

1 Peter 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Paul never called anyone a Christian.

The term was used around Paul, and Paul never debated or built an argument around it, and Paul never corrected the notion in his epistles

Acts26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. 29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.

Read that last verse and imagine, Paul tell that to a king, I said someone was Paulic right, I dash you that verse.

You will be asked: ,
Who do people think you are?
Who do you think you are?

I have no idea, gist me

I sent for searches and result just came back

Lemme guess, a pastor is preparing this questions as a part of his sermon, anytime from now, past, present and future.

I think I understand John4:23, worship God in Spirit, use the spirit, to know the truth you are to listen to. So bad. Many are truth worshippers, not a fully discerned spirit worshipper.

Cc Didov1
Watchout for this lady, she's Paulic. She've been tearing unchristian threads down with one reply
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 7:17am On Sep 06, 2017
sorry Hier i am a CHRISTIAN....av commented on this thread b4,jst scroll up u will see it,...,.abt d paulic part,sorry m a christian...nice writeup
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 8:27am On Sep 06, 2017
Didov1:
sorry Hier i am a CHRISTIAN....av commented on this thread b4,jst scroll up u will see it,...,.abt d paulic part,sorry m a christian...nice writeup

Looool, you funny you know, okay I understand. Open the thread, voila, everything has become new. Well, don't worry, friends for life, do you care/mind.

Yea, Paulic means attributes of Paul
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 9:00am On Sep 06, 2017
Hier:

Looool, you funny you know, okay I understand. Open the thread, voila, everything has become new. Well, don't worry, friends for life, do you care/mind.

Yea, Paulic means attributes of Paul
...ooooh my bad.....no problem,.i will check dat out soon.....have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
Didov1:
...ooooh my bad.....no problem,.i will check dat out soon.....have a nice day.

Are you into intercession?

Like in the past
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hier:

Are you into intercession?

Like in the past
..No..curious abt something....n pls dnt let us derail d thread.
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 4:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
Didov1:
..No..curious abt something....n pls dnt let us derail d thread.

derail kooo, the thread would accomplish that for which i posted it

do you know what intercession is, and has it caught your attention that you are one
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hier:

derail kooo, the thread would accomplish that for which i posted it

do you know what intercession is, and has it caught your attention that you are one
..lol...no...tell me about it...nd why do u think i might be one..?
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
Didov1:
..lol...no...tell me about it...nd why do u think i might be one..?

I won't call it think anyway, I rather use the term "perceive"

Acts27:9 Now when much time was spent, and when sailing was now dangerous, because the fast was now already past, Paul admonished them, 10 And said unto them, Sirs, I perceive that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage, not only of the lading and ship, but also of our lives.

Lemme share you a link.

www.nairaland.com/3884913/intercessors-nigeria

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

I await your response, one more more thing, I usually ask people for the name of their church to know prevent some further questions, so, let me be straight with ya. How often do you have spiritual experiences.

Like, do you answer "yes" to Acts19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Many persons get offended when they ask them about the bolded.
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by MuttleyLaff: 5:30am On Sep 07, 2017
Hier:
What do you suggest Christians should be called Jesus witnesser or Gospel preacher.

lemme add, does the fact that we refer to ourselves as Christians, makes it punishable by God.
You know the punishment for sinners at least
Let me add, that, knowledge isnt free, you got to pay attention

The word Christian, is the Greek transliteration, Christi-anos

So, admittedly, the attachment or commitment to a traditional term,
especially one is known to, addressed as or referred to, has to be a hard thing to break
Certainly, this is a seemingly pious name, to make one, want to bury head in the sand
and not want to know the truth about it
(i.e. be hostile to the truth about the tag Christian or Christi-anos)

The fact, that, you refer yourself as Christian, don't mean that's who you really are
because the truth of the matter, is, that's not what God calls you, it's what the world calls you or says who you are.

Here are a few parallels you can relate to:
Are you a nigger?
Do you refer or address yourself as a nigger?
Do you call yourself, answer back after or when being called a nigger?
What would you say if someone, right now, possibly non-black, called you a nigger?
Have you begun to catch the drift?

Hier:
By default, when they were first called Christian, as the disciples custom in the Acts of the Apostle were, they never wrote any letter saying they should tell people not to address them as one, if you find any, bring it to my notice.

Acts 11:26-27
26And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people.
And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
27And in these came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch.
Acts 11:26 is not an acceptance verse
rather it is a history verse, informing readers, that the believers, were called this epithet, Christi-anos (i.e. Christian) first, at Antioch

Acts 11:26 is not saying, that the believers, called themselves, the Christi-anos or Christian epithet

By default and custom, the disciples never wrote any letter addressing or calling each other, using the Christi-anos or Christian epithet
if you find any, bring it to my notice.
Please, in your findings, exclude afterthought bible versions or translations

Hier:
1 Peter 4:16
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed;
but let him glorify God on this behalf.
Christian is just another epithet, similar in import, to the infamous word, nigger

Just, as black people suffered as niggers, before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 enacted by the 88th United States Congress
so the early believers suffered, contemptuous ridicule, mockery and/or disdain
and Peter, in the 1 Peter 4:16 verse, IS NOT, under any circumstances, calling anybody or anyone a Christian
but rather, is saying dont be ashamed, if any gets to be treated like a nigger Christian
(i.e. in effect, keep calm and brush it off, if subjected to contemptuous ridicule, mockery and/or disdain)

Hier:
The term was used around Paul, and Paul never debated or built an argument around it, and Paul never corrected the notion in his epistles

Acts 26:28
28Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
29And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou,
but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
The person, that used that term around Paul, is a hardcore and die-hard Jew
who knew what he was doing and saying, by using the Christian term around Paul

Agrippa, not only a Jew but a king as well, deliberately and calculatedly, tried to hurt Paul's emotional state or sensitivity.

Do you really believe that Agrippa & the people of Antioch revered Jesus that much, they called the disciples or believers ''Christ-like''?
You do know and understand what Agrippa & the people of Antioch meant by the term Christi-anos or Christian?

But of course, it is better to cat a fish first before you descale and gut it
so Paul ignored the Christi-anos or Christian epithet, uttered by Agrippa, to offend him

He also avoided calling himself a Christi-anos or Christian, instead replied with:
"I wish to God that you and everyone listening to me today would quickly
and completely become as I am (except for being a prisoner)

It would have been the perfect opportunity for Paul to thump his chest
and in King Agrippa's presence, proudly declare he is a christian
but alas, he didnt, he let that window of opportunity slide by.
WHY?

Also, Paul never carried the notion in his epistles that, he or any of the believers is a christian
WHY?

Hier:
Read that last verse and imagine, Paul tell that to a king,
I said someone was Paulic right, I dash you that verse
Then God said,
"Let us make human beings in Our image, to be like us (i.e. according to Our likeness)

- Genesis 1:26a
I dash you Genesis 1:26a verse

Hier:
I have no idea, gist me
27Jesus and his disciples left Galilee and went up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi.
As they were walking along, He asked them, "Who do people say I am?"
28"Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other prophets."
29Then He asked them, "But who do you say I am?"
Peter replied, "You are the Messiah."

Mark 8:27-29

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it
Your ''gist me'' wish is my command

Hier:
I sent for searches and result just came back
Lemme guess, a pastor is preparing this questions as a part of his sermon, anytime from now, past, present and future.
I think I understand John 4:23, worship God in Spirit, use the spirit, to know the truth you are to listen to.
So bad. Many are truth worshippers, not a fully discerned spirit worshipper
Too bad, many dont discern why and what Agrippa and those in Antioch implied by calling Paul and the earlier believers Christian or Christi-anos
In youth we learn, in age we understand
Certain truths, can only be clearly seen or understood with the wisdom of age and grace of God

Hier:
Cc Didov1
Watch out for this lady, she's Paulic.
She've been tearing unchristian threads down with one reply
Christi-anos or Christian is a misnomer for believers, saints, brothers, sisters, disciples

Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16 are the only three places in the bible where the term Christi-anos or Christian, is found.
On each occasion, the term was used in a belittling, derogatory and rebuffing context or manner
No where in the bible, will it ever be found, any of the disciples, believers, Paul, Peter, say I am a CHRISTIAN...
Same way, you wont say about yourself: I am a NIGGER

Didov1:
sorry Hier i am a CHRISTIAN....
av commented on this thread b4, jst scroll up u will see it...
abt d paulic part, sorry m a christian...nice writeup
I've scrolled up but I dont see her earlier comments on this thread
she, however, is a wise sister, for ducking the Paulic part

1 Like

Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 6:35am On Sep 07, 2017
sorry muttleylaff,i was reffering 2 d former thread were ur comments were taken from..(handful of reason why you may not be a christian)that d name of d thread.....nd abt d paulic part,i dnt rilly understand d word,dat was why i told him i'm a christian...
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by MuttleyLaff: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2017
Didov1:
sorry muttleylaff,i was reffering 2 d former thread were ur comments were taken from..(handful of reason why you may not be a christian)that d name of d thread.....nd abt d paulic part,i dnt rilly understand d word,dat was why i told him i'm a christian...
Then God said,
"Let us make human beings in Our image, to be like us (i.e. according to Our likeness)

You want to yearn for attributes of God and not Paul's
Be like God, not like Paul

and for your information, when King Agrippa and the people of Antioch called the early believers or disciples Christi-anos (i.e. CHRISTIAN)
it was not as a compliment nor did they mean CHRIST-like by the term Christi-anos

This is why you wouldnt find early believers, disciples, saint, Peter, Paul, Jesus, or God embrace the term

1 Like

Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 8:33am On Sep 07, 2017
..thanks,bt m nt trying to b paul-like bt christ-like in nature...dou d op wasnt talkin abt followin paul or anything,i think he is talkin abt d character n some trait in him(dou he might b exagerating d whole thing)..on d other thread,d op wasnt talkin abt d historical meaning of d word christian,.ok,forget d word,r u a true follower of christ,r u avin those trait she listed(dou there r more qualities u shld av 2 b a gud follower)through dat u cn understand d thread better....nice writeup dou,u defend ur answers well with scriptural backin.,.seem i av 2 reread verses abt king agrippa 2 understand d whole thing better...good morning
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 8:39am On Sep 07, 2017
Didov1:
..thanks,bt m nt trying to b paul-like bt christ-like in nature...dou d op wasnt talkin abt followin paul or anything,i think he is talkin abt d character n some trait in him(dou he might b exagerating d whole thing)..on d other thread,d op wasnt talkin abt d historical meaning of d word christian,.ok,forget d word,r u a true follower of christ,r u avin those trait she listed(dou there r more qualities u shld av 2 b a gud follower)through dat u cn understand d thread better....nice writeup dou,u defend ur answers well with scriptural backin.,.seem i av 2 reread verses abt king agrippa 2 understand d whole thing better...good morning
muttleylaff,
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2017
Hier:

Acts27:9 Now when much time was spent, and when sailing was now dangerous, because the fast was now already past, Paul admonished them, 10 And said unto them, Sirs, I perceive that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage, not only of the lading and ship, but also of our lives.

Lemme share you a link.

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

I await your response, one more more thing, I usually ask people for the name of their church to know prevent some further questions, so, let me be straight with ya. How often do you have spiritual experiences.

Like, do you answer "yes" to Acts19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Hier:

Lemme share you a link.

Hier:

Lemme share you a link.

Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 11:18am On Sep 08, 2017
Didov1:

You seem like you are in agreement with his write up from the bolded, the truth is, if I call myself a Christian, it doesn't make me less of what God want for me, cause all this confusion doesn't count before God now.
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 11:53am On Sep 08, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Let me add, that, knowledge isnt free, you got to pay attention

The word Christian, is the Greek transliteration, Christi-anos

So, admittedly, the attachment or commitment to a traditional term,
especially one is known to, addressed as or referred to, has to be a hard thing to break
Certainly, this is a seemingly pious name, to make one, want to bury head in the sand

The fact, that, you refer yourself as Christian, don't mean that's who you really are
because the truth of the matter, is, that's not what God calls you, it's what the world calls you or says who you are.

Here are a few parallels you can relate to:
Are you a nigger?
Do you refer or address yourself as a nigger?
Do you call yourself, answer back after or when being called a nigger?
What would you say if someone, right now, possibly non-black, called you a nigger?
Have you begun to catch the drift?

Acts 11:26 is not an acceptance verse
rather it is a history verse, informing readers, that the believers, were called this epithet, Christi-anos (i.e. Christian) first, at Antioch

Acts 11:26 is not saying, that the believers, called themselves, the Christi-anos or Christian epithet

By default and custom, the disciples never wrote any letter addressing or calling each other, using the Christi-anos or Christian epithet
if you find any, bring it to my notice.
Please, in your findings, exclude afterthought bible versions or translations

Christian is just another epithet, similar in import, to the infamous word, nigger

Just, as black people suffered as niggers, before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 enacted by the 88th United States Congress
so the early believers suffered, contemptuous ridicule, mockery and/or disdain
and Peter, in the 1 Peter 4:16 verse, IS NOT, under any circumstances, calling anybody or anyone a Christian
but rather, is saying dont be ashamed, if any gets to be treated like a nigger Christian
(i.e. in effect, keep calm and brush it off, if subjected to contemptuous ridicule, mockery and/or disdain)

The person, that used that term around Paul, is a hardcore and die-hard Jew
who knew what he was doing and saying, by using the Christian term around Paul

Agrippa, not only a Jew but a king as well, deliberately and calculatedly, tried to hurt Paul's emotional state or sensitivity.

Do you really believe that Agrippa & the people of Antioch revered Jesus that much, they called the disciples or believers ''Christ-like''?
You do know and understand what Agrippa & the people of Antioch meant by the term Christi-anos or Christian?

But of course, it is better to cat a fish first before you descale and gut it
so Paul ignored the Christi-anos or Christian epithet, uttered by Agrippa, to offend him

He also avoided calling himself a Christi-anos or Christian, instead replied with:
"I wish to God that you and everyone listening to me today would quickly
and completely become as I am (except for being a prisoner)

It would have been the perfect opportunity for Paul to thump his chest
and in King Agrippa's presence, proudly declare he is a christian
but alas, he didnt, he let that window of opportunity slide by.
WHY?

Also, Paul never carried the notion in his epistles that, he or any of the believers is a christian
WHY?

Then God said,

I dash you Genesis 1:26a verse

27Jesus and his disciples left Galilee and went up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi.
As they were walking along, He asked them, "Who do people say I am?"
28"Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other prophets."
29Then He asked them, "But who do you say I am?"
Peter replied, "You are the Messiah."

Mark 8:27-29

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it
Your ''gist me'' wish is my command

Too bad, many dont discern why and what Agrippa and those in Antioch implied by calling Paul and the earlier believers Christian or Christi-anos
In youth we learn, in age we understand
Certain truths, can only be clearly seen or understood with the wisdom of age and grace of God

Christi-anos or Christian is a misnomer for believers, saints, brothers, sisters, disciples

Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16 are the only three places in the bible where the term Christi-anos or Christian, is found.
On each occasion, the term was used in a belittling, derogatory and rebuffing context or manner
No where in the bible, will it ever be found, any of the disciples, believers, Paul, Peter, say I am a CHRISTIAN...
Same way, you wont say about yourself: I am a NIGGER

I've scrolled up but I dont see her earlier comments on this thread
she, however, is a wise sister, for ducking the Paulic part

well, I must be sincere, but that's by the way. If I had know, I will just put up a write up without quoting you but its gonna address all that. So, I will just pretend as though I didn't read all the above and go to my tent.

Thanks
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2017
Hier:

You seem like you are in agreement with his write up from the bolded, the truth is, if I call myself a Christian, it doesn't make me less of what God want for me, cause all this confusion doesn't count before God now.
..same here...u make me read d whole comments 2 understand u....he is jst after d historic meaning of d name n d way it was during d time of paul....dou m nt in support of his notion,..cox i belief the word christian means follows of christ... dat do nt stop me from been a christian..
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
Didov1:
..same here...u make me read d whole comments 2 understand u....he is jst after d historic meaning of d name n d way it was during d time of paul....dou m nt in support of his notion,..cox i belief the word christian means follows of christ... dat do nt stop me from been a christian..

Well, thats by the way.

You didn't reply my last question about intercession
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hier:

Well, thats by the way.

You didn't reply my last question about intercession

.spiritual experience like......will church be a barrier to what u want to say.??
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by MuttleyLaff: 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hier:
You seem like you are in agreement with his write up from the bolded
Are you bothered, if she does

Hier:
the truth is, if I call myself a Christian
The truth is, God never called believers Christians,
Jesus never called His followers Christians.
The disciples, apostles, Paul, Peter etcetera never called each other Christians
so why you decide call yourself a Christian?
Why call yourself a christian, knowing what the term Christian means, when it's used by the people who coined the term?

Hier:
it doesn't make me less of what God want for me
Calling you a nigger doesnt make you less of a black man God wants you to be
but you still would object to being called a nigger
Why the double standards?
Why accept being called a Christian but not accept being addressed or called a nigger?

Hier:
cause all this confusion doesn't count before God now
To put confusion at rest, here is the list of names that count before God:

"saint(s)"
"brother(s)",
"sister(s)"
"disciples",
"elder(s)"
"apostle(s)",
"servant(s)",
"believer(s)",
"follower(s)",
"the faithful",
"the elect(s)", (i.e. 2 John 1:1)
"the called", (i.e. Romans 8:28)
"slave(s)/bondservant(s)" progressing to being "son"
"a child of God" maturing to being "son of God" (i.e. Romans 8:17, Galatians 4:7, 1 John 5:1, 1 Corinthians 7:22, 1 John 3:1, John 1:12)
and "Hephzibah" (i.e. Isaiah 62:2, 4)

Responding to your opening sentence, I suggest to whom applicable, should be called any of the above

You also asked:
Does the fact that we refer to ourselves as Christians, makes it punishable by God. You know the punishment for sinners at least

Well I dont know about punishment.
But I know you will be held accountable, if you persist after knowing the truth and meaning of term
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by MuttleyLaff: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hier:
well, I must be sincere, but that's by the way
Do you sincerely think King Agrippa and the people of Antioch meant the Christian term to be a compliment?

Most people dont really want the TRUTH
They just want constant reassurance that the lie, what they believe, is the truth

The truth, sometimes is better not to know
because it is something somebody dont want to hear or know

Hier:
If I had know, I will just put up a write up without quoting you but its gonna address all that.
So, I will just pretend as though I didn't read all the above and go to my tent.
Thanks
You know the truth by the way it feels
Dont put up a write up, if you cant handle the response
If you can't handle the truth about what the christian term really means, you shouldn't have put up the write up

Am I now, not proven right, when I wrote:
Admittedly, the attachment or commitment to a traditional term,
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by MuttleyLaff: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
Didov1:
..same here...u make me read d whole comments 2 understand u....
he is jst after d historic meaning of d name n d way it was during d time of paul....
dou m nt in support of his notion
What is my notion that you are not in support of?

Didov1:
..cox i belief the word christian means follows of christ...
dat do nt stop me from been a christian..
You believe wrong
because the word Christian or Christi-anos does not mean followers of Christ

You will shudder once you know what Christian or Christi-anos really means
The meaning is repugnant
The people of Antioch, are masters in formulating epithets like this and are infamous for it

Four set of people followed Jesus in the bible, namely:
The Crowd, the Curious, the Committed and the Committee

Arent all of those followers of Christ? The 4 Cs?
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Are you bothered, if she does

You also asked:
Does the fact that we refer to ourselves as Christians, makes it punishable by God. You know the punishment for sinners at least

Well I dont know about punishment.
But I know you will be held accountable, if you persist after knowing the truth and meaning of term

Please, close this case, #Shalom
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Didov1:
.spiritual experience like......will church be a barrier to what u want to say.??

Thanks for your time. We talk at a future date, probably a farther date than this
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by MuttleyLaff: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hier:
Please, close this case, #Shalom
This is what happens, when yanga sleeps, and something else, goes wake up its post.
#Shalom

1 Like

Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
the word christian was used jst thrice in d new testament nd they r all refering to d christians of d early church.,.(act11:26)for a whole yr barnabas nd saul met with the church and taught great number of people,the disciples were called christians at first at antioch......(act26:28)..then agrippa said to paul,do you think that in such a short time you can persuade to be a CHRISTIAN?......(1peter4:16)..however,if you suffer as a christian,do not be ashamed but praise GOD that you bear that NAME....they were called christians bcox they bhave n preach abt christ..i think dox verse r enough prove....muttleylaff
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 9:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hier:

Thanks for your time. We talk at a future date, probably a farther date than this
..ok..till then...

1 Like

Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by MuttleyLaff: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
Didov1:
the word christian was used jst thrice in d new testament nd they r all refering to d christians of d early church.,.(act11:26)for a whole yr barnabas nd saul met with the church and taught great number of people, the disciples were called christians at first at antioch......
(act26:28)..then agrippa said to paul,do you think that in such a short time you can persuade to be a CHRISTIAN?......
(1peter4:16)..however,if you suffer as a christian,do not be ashamed but praise GOD that you bear that NAME....
they were called christians bcox they bhave n preach abt christ..i think dox verse r enough prove....muttleylaff
Is it necessary that the truth be labored again, that on each occasion, the term Christi-anos or Christian was used,
it was used in a despicable, belittling, derogatory and rebuffing context or manner

Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16 are the only three places in the bible where the term Christi-anos or Christian, is found and used

No where else, in the bible, will it ever be found, any of the disciples, believers, Paul, Peter, say I am a CHRISTIAN...
No where else, in the bible, will it ever be found, any of the disciples, believers, Paul, Peter, addressing each other as CHRISTIANs...

If the christian term is so palatable or that acceptable,
dont you wonder why neither Paul, Peter, disciples, etcetera ever addressed themselves or each other by it?

I can only tell the truth about the real meaning of the term Christi-anos or Christian. I cant make you believe it
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Hier(m): 3:17am On Sep 09, 2017
Didov1:
..ok..till then...

pending the time, welcome to my old thread, just an intro

The Bible said, we should desire spiritual gifts- 1 Corin 13:1, but how would they desire if they've not known Romans 10:14.

Look for one of my thread on testimonies about Holy Ghost baptism. I would say, we have so many things to talk about.
Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hier:

pending the time, welcome to my old thread, just an intro

The Bible said, we should desire spiritual gifts- 1 Corin 13:1, but how would they desire if they've not known Romans 10:14.

Look for one of my thread on testimonies about Holy Ghost baptism. I would say, we have so many things to talk about.
..ok..no problem.

1 Like

Re: They Were Never Addressed As Christians by Didov1(f): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
ookaaay muttleylaff...since u prefer been called christ follower,no problem...sofar you belief in christ and i do same,then we are good to go....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Students Manual, Sunday, 17th September, 2017 / If Jesus Died To Save The World From Sin / Download Sinach - More Of You Instrumental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.