Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,741 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC (625 Views)

Lagos Considers Full Re-opening Of Economy, Embarks On Assessment Of Readiness / Reno Omokri Blasts EFFC After Seizing Unionbank Money And Kept Quiet On Ganduje / Stunted Economy: APC Lambaste The Economist, HSBC For Predicting Buhari's Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC by lightblazingnow(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2017
PDP should keep quiet on the issues of economy - Abdullahi
naij.com

- The never-ending bickering between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) has shifted to issues of the economy

- The main opposition party, has been criticizing the APC-led federal government on its handling of the economy

- APC national publicity secretary, Malam Bolaji Abdullahi has fired back

The national publicity secretary of the APC, Malam Bolaji Abdullahi, has advised the PDP to stop making comments on the current state of the nation’s economy.

According to Daily Trust, Abdullahi made the comment in Ilorin, the Kwara state capital, during an interaction with journalists.

Abdullahi, a former minister of sports under a PDP-led federal government, advised his former party to allow the APC government tackle the economic difficulties that they inflicted on Nigerians.

PDP should keep quiet on the issues of economy - Abdullahi
APC spokesman, Malam Abdullahi accuses the PDP of destroying the Nigerian economy. Photo credit: Thisday

His words: “If you create a problem and other people are trying to solve it, the least you could do is to, at least, keep quiet, not continue to lay claim to any superiority.

“If you recall even before the last administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria has started borrowing money to pay salaries.

“And so many people, including former CBN Governor, Professor Charles Soludo, our own Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, warned at a time that whoever takes over from Jonathan is going to face a very tough time running the economy. It wasn’t the APC that created the situation.

“So, the APC inherited a situation and tried to make the best of what we have found. Then, you also have to ask yourself, the kind of revelation that is coming forward. The EFCC has reported how much money it has recovered in loots.

“Then, you ask yourself how did it happen? How did it happen that so much money can be stolen from the system? Those things must have implication for the economy. If an individual is said to forfeit permanently amount to the tune to £17 millon; the kind of figures we are hearing is even difficult to wrap your mind around it.”

“If the APC destroyed the economy by doing what we are doing, what did PDP do by allowing the kind of mind boggling stealing that happened in the last two years, repair the economy?”

Meanwhile, Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote has rejected moves by the PDP to get him to contest in the 2019 presidential race on its platform.

Dangote declared categorically in a phone interview with a national newspaper that he has no interest in politics and nobody or party should tie him to it.

His words: “I am an entrepreneur. My passion is to create jobs for Nigerians and not otherwise. I am not interested in politics and this is authoritative. People should stop dropping my name for the 2019 presidency.”

https://www.naij.com/amp/1123521-pdp-quiet-issues-economy-abdullahi.html

Cc lalasticlala

Re: PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC by lightblazingnow(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2017
Imagine dragons
Re: PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC by Damnmaster: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2017
Re: PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC by Adminisher: 9:40am On Sep 06, 2017
Someone knocked the car engine and is criticizing the mechanic. Only in a country with low IQ youths like Nigeria would PDP even exist as a party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC by Nbote(m): 9:42am On Sep 06, 2017
Adminisher:
Someone knocked the car engine and is criticizing the mechanic. Only in a country with low IQ youths like Nigeria would PDP even exist as a party.

Knocked d engine?? I think U are clearly mistaken on d scenario. D actually scenario is "Someone wanted to drive so bad dey replaced d driver, and have been looking for d ignition since becos clearly dey haven't mastered d art of driving and decided to try various means to try and move d car. They have been blaming d previous driver ever since"

Hope u do realise it's d same mechanic simply wearing different clothes becos of U don't den ur IQ was switched off long ago..
Re: PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC by PatriotTemidayo: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2017
And APC should speak abi? undecided

What does APC know about economy?

Can someone help me here; how long did it take APC to plunge Nigeria into the abyss of Hunger, Job losses and recession?

Did I hear someone say just 7months? embarassed

Yeye Party.
Re: PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC by lightblazingnow(m): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2017

PatriotTemidayo:
And APC should speak abi? undecided

What does APC know about economy?

Can someone help me here; how long did it take APC to plunge Nigeria into the abyss of Hunger, Job losses and recession?

Did I hear someone say just 7months? embarassed

Yeye Party.

Long
Re: PDP Should Keep Quiet On The Issues Of Economy - APC by omobabalawo: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Words Of The Most Peaceful IPOB / Nnamdi Kanu: How “What Will People Say?” Led To Python Dance / This Is From Donald Duke: A Former Governor Of Cross River State:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.