Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,968 members, 7,873,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

The 15 Largest Things On earth - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 15 Largest Things On earth (5237 Views)

Top 9 Largest Things In The World - Video / See The 15 Year Old Boy Who Got The Highest Score In 2019 Jamb / Top 10 Largest Universities In Nigeria By Land Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by HajimeSaito(m): 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2017
talk2riel:
is xarm the new replacement for explorers?

Xarm just dey do im own kule. It would be nice if they did a collaboration though wink
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by injurybaba(m): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
Now I know where Toyota got that name Toyoto Sequoia, my Grandmother always call it that Car that is very large lol
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Ofemmanu1: 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2017
xarm:
2. Quetzalcoatl
Quetzalcoatl lived 66-68 million years ago. It was the largest pterosaur and the biggest flying animal in the planet’s history. The spread of its wings was 12-15 meters, and it fed on carrion and small vertebrates.

Reminds me of the movie " chronicle od riddick"
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Ofemmanu1: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
xarm:
13. Titanoboa
Titanoboa is a close relative of a boa but so much bigger. Titanoboa lived 58-61 million years ago and could reach 13 meters in length. A reticulated python living on our planet nowadays can only grow up to 7.5 meters.

Lala go like this creature die!

1 Like

Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Ofemmanu1: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
xarm:
12. Jackfruit
Jackfruit is the biggest tree-grown fruit in the world. It can reach 90 cm in length and 50 cm in diameter.

Looks like scrots..
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Ofemmanu1: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
xarm:
8. Giant deer
Irish elk, or giant deer, appeared about 2 million years ago. When forests started spreading into open spaces, giant deer died out because their large antlers (over 5 meters wide) made it impossible for them to move through dense branches.

See nama!
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
talk2riel:
is xarm the new replacement for explorers?
I tot i was d only1 dough explorers no create romance threads
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
xarm:
12. Jackfruit
Jackfruit is the biggest tree-grown fruit in the world. It can reach 90 cm in length and 50 cm in diameter.
in my town, we call it sycamone.
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
The Rafflesia is what the costus spectabilis is to Nigeria to Indonesia. It is the national flower of Indonesia and can only be found there.
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
jericco1:
More than half of what you posted are mere fiction. With no real proof they ever existed.

It's wiser to keep quiet, than to speak, and expose your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by hausadreturn(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
xarm:
12. Jackfruit
This is a sycamore naaa...
E dey naija sef
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
Why go mountain climbing when the sequoia is a "big enough challenge"?
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by cantok(m): 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
dreamworld:
You forgot to mention My blokos
Its so big that the Egyptians built a pyramid to honour it
Orue Oshare grin grin grin grin
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by MaziOmenuko: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
jericco1:
More than half of what you posted are mere fiction. With no real proof they ever existed.

You would have just kept quite than expose your ignorance. There are real scientific proofs and most of them has been replicated in world renowned museums. Maybe you think the world started when your Bible said it started and that any creature not listed in your Bible doesn't exist.

3 Likes

Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
The Gigantopithecus just has to be the ancestor of the Orang Utan. Don't tell me any different. The resemblance is just too striking.
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by KillerBeauty(f): 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
How do scientists know these creatures existed millions of years ago.
Dem just dey call millions like beans
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
jericco1 Ever heard of FOSSILS,man? Google fossils and see. It is the fossils of these creatures that provide the much needed evidence to prove that these creatures e.g. dinosaurs,once existed. Don't doubt these things. These are never wild claims.
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
@KillerBeauty that is where things like relative dating and RADIOMETRIC/RADIOCARBON and CARBON DATING come in. That is how they know how many thousand or million years ago these creatures lived. Scientists don't just go throwing dates around. First when the unearth these fossils(the remains/traces of these creatures) they run these dating tests on them to determine how old the fossils are and then arrive at a conclusion as how many years ago they lived.

1 Like

Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by Chiidi(m): 1:38am On Sep 07, 2017
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by atheist5(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2017
KillerBeauty:
How do scientists know these creatures existed millions of years ago.
Dem just dey call millions like beans
have you heard of carbon dating,all organisms rely on carbon one way or the other, so when dead the bones of these organism can be used to calculate its half life and age
Re: The 15 Largest Things On earth by NouonlinePortal: 11:58am On Mar 19, 2018
The National Open University of Nigeria screening starts today in all the Noun study centres Across the Nation. Yet to register? Follow guidelines below:

NOUONLINE.NET/REGISTRATION

DOWNLOAD 2019/2020 ACADEMIC CALENDAR

DOWNLOAD COURSE MATERIALS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auchi Polytechnic Ranked 2nd Best Intitution By Webmetric Uniben<first>u I<3rd> / 2017/2018 Federal Polytechnic Ede Post Utme/ HND&PT Admission Thread / Horrifying photos Show The Charred Remains Of California And Washington Towns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.