Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,964 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:03 PM

Learning These Softskills Is Transforming My Life. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learning These Softskills Is Transforming My Life. (436 Views)

A Life Transforming Offer For Those That Want To Learn Website Design / Transforming Nigerian Youths Program By Edc-mastercard Foundation: Apply Now / See How Pukena Is Transforming The Informal Sector! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learning These Softskills Is Transforming My Life. by italkmoses(m): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
3 Skills I am Starting to Learn.

1). Listening.

This shouldn't sound weird. I am not deaf and I have been listening since. Apart from wanting to talk, listen to respond, I am learning listening to understand what is not said. Developing an ear for minute details, using my eyes, ear and nose to listen.

2). Saying No, Genuinely.

Sometimes, in the bid to not get a friend offended, I say yes to requests that will stress me beyond my limit. Othertimes, I am not able to fulfill the request and my good intention to help becomes unintended wicknedness eventually. Saying No is not a crime. It will free up space and save you energy to concentrate on other things that matter.

3). Genuinely Seeking for Help

I have discovered that seeking for help isn't a sign that you are weak. It is rather a sign that you are smart. So, I like to do my thing my own way, my own taste and by myself. Most times, it works for me. But I would have done so much better if I had asked for help.

Learning any softskills you want to share? If not, you can consider adopting the skills highlighted in this post.
Re: Learning These Softskills Is Transforming My Life. by MagReuby(m): 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
Very useful skills.

Check out this thread on how to get awesome videos that will help you improve your soft skills. Pay attention to numbers 5-9.

https://www.nairaland.com/3828238/learn-advanced-excel-java-etc

(1) (Reply)

Life And The Struggle / Help Me Out This Career Talk / Are You An HSE Professional?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.