Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,922 members, 7,890,046 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:22 AM

4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Be Desperate When Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Be Desperate When Job Hunting (503 Views)

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / 8 Things You Must Keep In Mind When Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Be Desperate When Job Hunting by magazineguy(m): 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
A lot of times, we get carried away by the harsh economic climate of our country to become desperate in our job search. Approaching job searches with the mindset “I don’t care what kind of job I get — I just need a job!,” can cost you a lot that you may not be able to cope with in the future. In job searches, you come across different kinds of people with different personalities and you never know how each of them process the emotions you place on the table. While some employers may overlook it especially because they have been in your position before, other employers can be simply sent from the devil to make your life a living hell

Below are reasons why you do not want to be desperate in a job search:

You are giving employers a reason to disrespect you
Of course we do not mean that your employers are meant to roll over on their knees and kiss your feet while hailing “long live thou” when they come across you, just a little measure of respect and value for your work will be fine, but once you come off as desperate in your interviews, you are sure not going to get that value and respect you seek.

Fearful managers
As a desperate job seeker, you would attract fearful managers who feel the need to insult/abuse employers they supervise. And most of them would just be doing it for fun, to see the look on your face especially since they know you have no where else to go.

Time wasting
Someone once told me about how they spent 8 years in recruitment line for a job and all I could think about was the fact that the employers did that because the job seeker had shown signs of desperation.

Low pay
When you appear desperate, employers can see that you most probably do not have any other options and then decide to offer you lesser pay than you are actually worth. Some people even go as far as telling their employers to pay them anything. Anything is nothing!! As a job seeker, you should know your worth, and place a value on yourself, which remains even in the face of hopelessness.

Confidence and composure are the most important traits you need in your job search than work history or education. You teach people how to treat you in a job search based on how you treat yourself. Attitude is everything!

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/4-reasons-shouldnt-desperate-job-hunting/

cc
lalasticala, mynd44, dominique

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now For Save The Children Foundation Recruitment 2017 / EXPERIENCED FEMALE REAL ESTATE PERSONNEL WANTED / Emerson Ongoing Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.