Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,904 members, 7,883,142 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:31 AM

Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job (656 Views)

Five Must Avoid Words To Use During Any Job Interview / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions / All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2017
Just So You Know, The government does not Owe You Any job

By Hakeem4

There you go, whiners. Read it slowly and let it sink in. No one owes you anything. I started reading an entrepreneurship book my father gave me titled " ENTREPRENEURSHIP & START UP BUSINESS :- start up , growth & maturity" written by Paul Burns. The fundamental message this book is passing is how to start up a new business, growth stage, maturity and what to do when you fail. I read a place where the author said more than 70% of the employments in the UK are created by SME

[img]http:///a/img923/9788/AGirRn.jpg[/img]

Who are you blaming?

I lived in a society where everyone blames the government, the rich and everyone around them. While In school we were taught that once you have good grades in school there's automatic employment waiting for you. YES, it was true, in the 50's and 60's when there were few graduates.

way out

when I got to the university I studied civil engineering. My mom wanted me to work as a civil servant cause of "job security". When I got to 300L my father started telling me the reality of life that as a civil engineer to get a contract or a consulting job you need connections, even if you're the most brilliant engineer. So I felt bad and started thinking no one will be responsible for me when I graduate not my parents or the government. So I started reading books like

[img]http:///a/img924/8162/9a7Ukv.jpg[/img]

and I read about most of the world successful people in the world and one thing was that they started early and never depended on their governments. So I started thinking of a way to survive when i graduate so I thought of making blocks and interlocking stones.

your life your responsibility

“You are responsible for your life. If you’re sitting around waiting on somebody to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time. Only you have the power to move your life forward.” - Oprah Winfrey

So when I read news on how there're no job and youth would be insulting the government I just laugh.

Responsibilities Of A Government In An Economy

Governments are appointed by citizens to manage the affairs of their country. Their responsibilities include:

-Ensuring the security of a state- Government must maintain law and order internally. This is realized through legislation, the court of justice and the police force. Externally the armed forces protect citizens against external threats.

-Protection and general welfare of citizens   - Government is responsible for the general health and education of citizens. Welfare programmes must be provided for those who are very poor and vulnerable.

-Management of the economy – Governments are appointed by citizens to efficiently manage the economy to bring about growth and development. This includes: encouraging local and foreign investment, controlling inflation, maintaining the foreign reserve (NIR), curbing balance of payments deficits and achieving high levels of employment.

-Protecting the environment – Sustaining the environment is important to the well-being of citizens. Ways of protecting the environment include: legislation to prevent further degradation, zoning to protect wildlife areas from disruption by development of factories, shopping and residential areas and taxation to reduce the level of pollution by firms. http://wizznotes.com/pob/role-fo-government-in-an-economy/responsibilities-of-a-government-in-an-economy

Even this present APC led government really tried in the aspect of job creation with their N-power scheme.

Are you still blaming the government?

But government should at least give industries minimum of 8hours electricity per day and good roads, that's all we want

Lalasticlala seun mynd44 davide470 uboma

Olokunolalanre@gmail.com
Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by smartty68(m): 9:04am On Sep 07, 2017
Nice piece but they(Nigerian Government) owe the citizens everything because they pay tax and these tax goes into their pockets without deliverying anything tangible.

Moreso, your piece is about the UK and not Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by maxwell767(m): 9:18am On Sep 07, 2017
undecided
Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by KillerBeauty(f): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2017
In developed countries they hold their government accountable for everything.
For job, housing, good road, education, health care etcetera

But the reverse is the case in Nigeria. We claim the government owes us nothing yet we pay tax, pay lightbill but no light, fix our road our selves n pay school fees for our kids.

Is that the way it's supposed to be? We cross our arms doing nothing while our politicians rob us of our right, steal our money,take the little we have as tax, run our economy into recession and yet we happily say they owe us nothing.

My dear they owe us everything. In Germany their government pay people who don't work but in Nigeria people who work are owed for months.

3 Likes

Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
KillerBeauty:
In developed countries they hold their government accountable for everything.
For job, housing, good road, education, health care etcetera

But the reverse is the case in Nigeria. We claim the government owes us nothing yet we pay tax, pay lightbill but no light, fix our road our selves n pay school fees for our kids.

Is that the way it's supposed to be? We cross our arms doing nothing while our politicians rob us of our right, steal our money,take the little we have as tax, run our economy into recession and yet we happily say they owe us nothing.

My dear they owe us everything. In Germany their government pay people who don't work but in Nigeria people who work are owed for months.

Yes ma I agree with your point, but we're still a developing nation.

First of all the government has just few roles in the provision of jobs
2ndly every nation passes through recession, it's part of the economy cycle
3rdly Germany is a country with good data base and little population, so the government of Germany can get the total number of people in the state and get their needs for us

We shouldn't compare ourselves with Europeans, we should still compare ourselves with developing nations like India
Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Timblaze(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by shophut(m): 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
Will really like to connect with you @hakeem4

Your piece is really mind blowing.

Thanks a lot cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
Which amongst the primary duties of govt are we enjoying. Is it not wen ur safe n have eaten that you would begin to find incentives provided??

Govt MUST take the blame since they didn't create foundation for entrepreneurship and development.

The Main problem is lack of Proper justice system and Education. When that is tackled the rest are minor issues
Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 6:22am On Sep 11, 2017
shophut:
Will really like to connect with you @hakeem4

Your piece is really mind blowing.

Thanks a lot cool cool cool
thanks
Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 6:23am On Sep 11, 2017
meelerh:
Which amongst the primary duties of govt are we enjoying. Is it not wen ur safe n have eaten that you would begin to find incentives provided??

Govt MUST take the blame since they didn't create foundation for entrepreneurship and development.

The Main problem is lack of Proper justice system and Education. When that is tackled the rest are minor issues
yeah I said the government are not trying when it comes to their duties ?
Re: Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 11, 2017
hakeem4:
yeah I said the government are not trying when it comes to their duties ?

Thank u

(1) (Reply)

Standard Chartered Bank International Latest Recruitment 2018 / Goodmorning,we Apologize To N-power Beneficiaries In Rivers State For The Stress / Vacancy For Passenger Service Officer At A Reputable Aviation Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.