Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,480 members, 7,951,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

Diary Of A Single Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Diary Of A Single Woman (1305 Views)

What Should A Single Woman Do When There Is No Suitor Coming? / 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate / The Dilemma Of The Single Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of A Single Woman by AloyEmeka5: 5:21am On Feb 25, 2010
A Single Woman's Journal - Independence
By Éjire
February 24, 2010 09:01PMT

I discovered that many single women do not know the meaning of the word ‘independence'.

Those who do have no idea how it applies to their lives.

This is a recurring scenario:

A man shows interest in a single woman. Single woman does not even like him at first but somehow grows to like him, a lot! So, she calls him all day - every day! Big Mistake! You see, men like the chase. So let's stop trying to switch the God-given roles, at least when it comes to ‘The Chase'! When you switch roles, many men, not all, lose interest! You become a bug and they gladly tag you a Desperate Single Woman. Single Woman, please S.T.O.P. chasing after him. If you can't help it, delete his number from your phone. You'll thank yourself for it someday soon.

I presume that one of the things men do when they gather at their drinking spots is to strategise about their getaway from single women who they think are out to tie them down. I have heard of that ‘Tie Us Down' concept many times. The last time I heard it was just a few weeks ago, courtesy of a friend who was planning his own Getaway.

Men, listen. No one is trying to Tie You Down. Most women are sensitive, but please don't crucify us for that. When a woman loves, the whole world has got to know! So, let's say you are lucky - she loves you and wants to marry you. Don't disrespect / disregard her feelings for this reason. She is willing to take on a lot, for free! In today's society:

She will love you,

She will take care of you.

She will cook for you.

She will clean up after you.

She will let you make love to her as often as you like and in many positions as it pleases you.

She will take in your ‘seed' and grow fat on it for 9 selfless months.

She will have your baby (maybe even twins) and then have two or three babies to care for (you being one of the babies).

She will respect and regard her in-laws (your family members) even if she finds them difficult.

She will pray for you.

She will worry for you.

She will, and the list is endless.

Please appreciate her love. If you had to put a price to it, I promise you, you couldn't pay in full even if you spent your lifetime doing it. Do not despise the love of a woman. It is a beautiful thing.

If you don't want it, tell her, gently.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5530554-182/a_single_womans_journal_-_independence.csp
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by topup: 5:37am On Feb 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

A Single Woman's Journal - Independence
By Éjire
February 24, 2010 09:01PMT

I discovered that many single women do not know the meaning of the word ‘independence'.

Those who do have no idea how it applies to their lives.

This is a recurring scenario:

A man shows interest in a single woman. Single woman does not even like him at first but somehow grows to like him,  a lot! So, she calls him all day - every day! Big Mistake! You see, men like the chase. So let's stop trying to switch the God-given roles,  at least when it comes to ‘The Chase'! When you switch roles, many men, not all, lose interest! You become a bug and they gladly tag you a Desperate Single Woman. Single Woman, please S.T.O.P. chasing after him.

Being independent encompasses going out to get what you want, and there are different strategies, an intense chase is not advisable in most cases, but I have seen cases when the woman made herself known to the guy - of course much rarer than those of us who just sit tight on our bud waiting to be plucked. This part is very contradictory in the sense, we are to be independent but in reality any action is overly agressive and intimidating. I have believed for a very long time that the whole idea of an independent woman is intimidating to many men actually. In a way you are advising us to be so independent that we get on with our lives, but then not independent enough to approach a relationship from any angle apart from the prey. Hmmm, interesting. I do agree though, I have found myself starting to like a guy who has made himself 'known' to me, but this is completely natural, I am usually too busy to go 'foraging' for potentials, so I just get on with life, it is only through spending time with someone do you notice their qualities and most men when they are pursuing a woman will only portray their best qualities - this is only natural.

If you can't help it, delete his number from your phone. You'll thank yourself for it someday soon.

I presume that one of the things men do when they gather at their drinking spots is to strategise about their getaway from single women who they think are out to tie them down. I have heard of that ‘Tie Us Down' concept many times. The last time I heard it was just a few weeks ago, courtesy of a friend who was planning his own Getaway.

Men, listen. No one is trying to Tie You Down. Most women are sensitive, but please don't crucify us for that. When a woman loves, the whole world has got to know! So, let's say you are lucky - she loves you and wants to marry you. Don't disrespect / disregard her feelings for this reason. She is willing to take on a lot,  for free! In today's society:

She will love you,

She will take care of you.

She will [/b]cook for you.

She [b]will
clean up after you.

She will let you make love to her as often as you like and in many positions as it pleases you.

She will take in your ‘seed' and grow fat on it for 9 selfless months.

She will have your baby (maybe even twins) and then have two or three babies to care for (you being one of the babies).

She will respect and regard her in-laws (your family members) even if she finds them difficult.

She will pray for you.

She will worry for you. Urm. . okay, this seems to ignore the diverse personalities of women and roles they can hold in these modern times lol. State these as wills, any woman who doesn't to take part in any, may be seen as being a bad wife/woman whatever. .

*cut*

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5530554-182/a_single_womans_journal_-_independence.csp
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by AloyEmeka5: 6:08am On Feb 25, 2010

Lol, na tie down na. Men like to be as free as a bird so they can hump as many puzzies as possible. They always feel they are God's gift to women when its women actually who are God's gift to men. wink wink wink
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by topup: 6:32am On Feb 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Lol, na tie down na. Men like to be as free as a bird so they can hump as many puzzies as possible. They always feel they are God's gift to women when its women actually who are God's gift to men. wink wink wink

grin
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by Rooneyboy(m): 9:13am On Feb 25, 2010
topup:

grin
now i hate when people do this, cant u write a word ?
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by Rooneyboy(m): 9:19am On Feb 25, 2010
Madam poster go and sit down, u and i know that the heart of a single lady that has got no age on her side is evil(tie down any man that comes her way) .
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by Rooneyboy(m): 9:21am On Feb 25, 2010
Madam poster go and sit down, u and i know that the heart of a single lady that has got no age on her side is evil(tie down any man that comes her way) .
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by Mhismole(f): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2010
aww this is soo true, you men need to grow up for real!!

see me feeling like a gift now, all wrapped up in heavenly foil, grin
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by dbigrod(m): 9:38am On Feb 25, 2010
[size=16pt]@poster,

u are 100 % right but but ,
[/size]
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 25, 2010
@ poster, what about the ones that have switched roles to become the chaser?
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by waleski(m): 11:50am On Feb 25, 2010
Balderdash 2 me nd lamentations of a lonely woman
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by kachiside: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2010
Women are too much. Let us appreciate them, they do all these things and still stand strong. When i see all these women carrying their baby on their baby and selling one thing or the other on the road, i use to admire them, it is not easy to carry a baby not to talk of hawking things on the Road with the baby.

Up Women.
Re: Diary Of A Single Woman by kachiside: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
Sorry, i mean carrying babies on their back.

(1) (Reply)

Red Cab Rates / Does A Lady Get Less Friendly Towards Guys When A Lot Of Guys Toast Her? / I Had An All Nite Fling With My Gf Sista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.