Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:01 PM

Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? (2893 Views)

Have You Ever Been With A Partner Who Steals From You / My Girlfriend Steals From Her Place Of Work / Curvy Lady With Big Backside Steals The Show At Bikini Pool Party (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by dollytino4real(f): 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
the married ones said they don't steal from their husbands pocket dat it is their right while the single ones said is stealing because their husband did not give to them
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
Two have become one.
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by slyd90(m): 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
before nko..
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Tolexander: 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
dollytino4real:
the married ones said they don't steal from their husbands pocket dat it is their right while the single ones said is stealing because their husband did not give to them
stealing is stealing!

What one takes without the consent of the owner is nothing but stealing!

These same women, taking money from their husband's pocket, are the same women who always nearly beat their children to coma, for taking their money without their consent.

5 Likes

Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by indodon(m): 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
haha

__

____

lemme just watch

Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by mofeoluwadassah: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
they don't steal,they take wink
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by McBrooklyn(m): 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by priceless20(f): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
Legally a wife cannot steal from her husband, consent or no consent! But in the biblical sense, its stealing and a sin
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by dollytino4real(f): 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
Tolexander:
stealing is stealing!

What one takes without the consent of the owner is nothing but stealing!

These same women, taking money from their husband's pocket, are the same women who always nearly beat their children to coma, for taking their money without their consent.
u two shall become one abi
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Tolexander: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
dollytino4real:
u two shall become one abi
so na by stealing my money?

Why can't she be replenishing my pocket instead, if we have become one?
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
stealing is stealing, whether married or not, just like raping is raping whether married or not...
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 08, 2017
Nma27:
Two have become one.
By stealing ba?
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Lewaluv(f): 7:12am On Sep 08, 2017
It depends on the husbands crimes againt the wife.

Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by tunjilana: 7:16am On Sep 08, 2017
priceless20:
Legally a wife cannot steal from her husband, consent or no consent! But in the biblical sense, its stealing and a sin
but if the man takes her own money without consent it is stealing abi smiley
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 08, 2017
In the rights and obligations of marriage, you and your spouse need each other's permission for certain acts and decisions that affect the other.

Taking your spouse's money without their approval is stealing.
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by priceless20(f): 7:26am On Sep 08, 2017
tunjilana:
but if the man takes her own money without consent it is stealing abi :
)
it is the same thing. A married man or woman cannot steal from the spouse by virtue of their marriage,they are one. You cannot steal from yourself can you?
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by priceless20(f): 7:37am On Sep 08, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
stealing is stealing, whether married or not, just like raping is raping whether married or not...
When a spouse takes from another without consent is not stealing, neither is having sex forcefully or without consent rape. It only becomes stealing or raping when done outside marriage

1 Like

Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 08, 2017
priceless20:

it is the same thing. A married man or woman cannot steal from the spouse by virtue of their marriage,they are one. You cannot steal from yourself can you?

Educate yourself on the "limitations of fiduciary duty" in marriage. Spousal privilege does not include taking your spouse's money without his consent.
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 08, 2017
priceless20:

When a spouse takes from another without consent is not stealing, neither is having sex forcefully or without consent rape. It only becomes stealing or raping when done outside marriage

Read what marital rape is. You are out of your mind. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_rape
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by priceless20(f): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2017
boostdom:

Educate yourself on the "limitations of fiduciary duty" in marriage. Spousal privilege does not include taking your spouse's money without his consent.
Still in the process of educating myself, if a spouse cannot be criminally responsible in taking the others property, why is money any different?
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by priceless20(f): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2017
boostdom:

Read what marital rape is. You are out of your mind. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_rape
You can keep you insult to yourself! Despite all those laws put in place, as bad as it is in nig, it is not implimented! Go on and check decided cases on marital rape and see for urself b4 pouring your insults
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 08, 2017
priceless20:

Still in the process of educating myself, if a spouse cannot be criminally responsible in taking the others property, why is money any different?

The distinction is that there must be CONSCIOUS AWARENESS on the part of the other spouse. It is beyond spousal privilege and is indeed criminal to take money or spousal property specific to a spouse without their consent. It's the same legal principle with "tenants-in-common" joint account.
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 08, 2017
priceless20:

You can keep you insult to yourself! Despite all those laws put in place, as bad as it is in nig, it is not implimented! Go on and check decided cases on marital rape and see for urself b4 pouring your insults

I didn't mean that as an insult. It is stated in the link I posted that the reasons why they are not largely enforced is because of the reluctance of the aggrieved party to pursue the crime and also the lack of public knowledge that sexual intercourse in marriage without consent is illegal.

Non-implementation of a law is not a remedy for breaches.
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by priceless20(f): 9:08am On Sep 08, 2017
boostdom:

The distinction is that there must be CONSCIOUS AWARENESS on the part of the other spouse. It is beyond spousal privilege and is indeed criminal to take money or spousal property specific to a spouse without their consent. It's the same legal principle with "tenants-in-common" joint account.
ok. So how can you explain section 36 of the criminal code act?
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2017
priceless20:

ok. So how can you explain section 36 of the criminal code act?

I looked up Section 36 and it deals with "Stealing with violence: extortion by threat". And it has eleven sub-sections. What are you infering here?

1 Like

Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by priceless20(f): 9:26am On Sep 08, 2017
boostdom:

I looked up Section 36 and it deals with "Stealing with violence: extortion by threat". And it has eleven sub-sections. What are you infering here?
No. It talks abt liability of husband and wife for offences committed by either with respect to the others property and it doesn't have any sub sec
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Sierusvirus(m): 9:28am On Sep 08, 2017
dollytino4real:
Yes she can steal from the husband once she does that without his consent. That is stealing whether married or single.
God said ask and you shall receive, but she didn't rather took it, which is stealing, so a big YES a wife can steal from the husband.
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2017
priceless20:

No. It talks abt liability of husband and wife for offences committed by either with respect to the others property and it doesn't have any sub sec

Ok, I have seen it.

The section literally states that a spouse is criminally responsible of any act to the other's property in marriage if it would also be an offence if they weren't in marriage.

The above is the standing literal interpretation.

The clause is if they are in a Christian marriage, criminal proceeding can not be instituted while they are living together.

For the above clause, it concedes that not all marriages will be a Christian marriage for diverse and obvious reasons. It also concedes that what is inherently criminal in a Christian marriage can be instituted after they stop living together. This clause does not condone criminal activity in a Christian marriage.

That will be all from me here.
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by priceless20(f): 10:59am On Sep 08, 2017
boostdom:

Ok, I have seen it.

The section literally states that a spouse is criminally responsible of any act to the other's property in marriage if it would also be an offence if they weren't in marriage.

The above is the standing literal interpretation.

The clause is if they are in a Christian marriage, criminal proceeding can not be instituted while they are living together.

For the above clause, it concedes that not all marriages will be a Christian marriage for diverse and obvious reasons. It also concedes that what is inherently criminal in a Christian marriage can be instituted after they stop living together. This clause does not condone criminal activity in a Christian marriage.

That will be all from me here.
lol. that's what I've been trying to say, thats the interpretation of the court also. I rest my case too
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 08, 2017
priceless20:

lol. that's what I've been trying to say, thats the interpretation of the court also. I rest my case too

What's the interpretation? That there is no criminal responsibility between spouses in a Christian marriage?
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by dollytino4real(f): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2017
Sierusvirus:

Yes she can steal from the husband once she does that without his consent. That is stealing whether married or single.
God said ask and you shall receive, but she didn't rather took it, which is stealing, so a big YES a wife can steal from the husband.
so cash is not among the one they become?
Re: Does A Wife Steals From Her Husband? by dollytino4real(f): 11:44am On Sep 08, 2017
Tolexander:
so na by stealing my money?

Why can't she be replenishing my money instead, if we have become one?
sha man money dey sweet to spend

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Shares Busty Photos To Announce Her Arrival On Twitter / I Seduced My White Doctor / Man Weeps After His Girlfriend Of 4 Years Who He Sponsored Through School Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.