Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,063 members, 7,890,499 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:59 PM

"I Stabbed My Wife To Death After Getting High On Cough Syrup"--bible Student!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Stabbed My Wife To Death After Getting High On Cough Syrup"--bible Student!!! (362 Views)

Preacher Stabbed While Delivering Sermon In Sydney Church(photos) / Catholic Bishop Of Nsukka Onah Singing Kizz Daniel's Song 'Cough' (Video) / Pastor Preaching With Snake, Rushed To Hospital After Getting Bitten (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Stabbed My Wife To Death After Getting High On Cough Syrup"--bible Student!!! by Niflheim(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
FULL STORY:

An aspiring pastor charged with murdering his wife claimed he took too much cough medicine before finding her fatally stabbed beside him.

Matthew Phelps, 29, called 911 Friday after 1 a.m. to report that he had killed his wife Lauren Phelps, who was stabbed multiple times in their Raleigh, N.C, home, the News and Observer reported.

Lauren, also 29, was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.

“I had a dream and then I turned on the lights and she’s dead on the floor,” Phelps told a 911 dispatcher, according to the newspaper. X
BY
Elizabeth Elizalde
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Tuesday, September 5, 2017, 3:37 AM

An aspiring pastor charged with murdering his wife claimed he took too much cough medicine before finding her fatally stabbed beside him.

Matthew Phelps, 29, called 911 Friday after 1 a.m. to report that he had killed his wife Lauren Phelps, who was stabbed multiple times in their Raleigh, N.C, home, the News and Observer reported.

Lauren, also 29, was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.

“I had a dream and then I turned on the lights and she’s dead on the floor,” Phelps told a 911 dispatcher, according to the newspaper.

N.J. man who put pig mask over slain ex-wife’s face loses appeal

“How? How? How?” the dispatcher asked.

“There’s blood all over me, and there’s a bloody knife on the bed,” Phelps replied. “I think I did it.”

“I can’t believe I did this,” he continued after a long pause over the phone with the dispatcher. Phelps admitted taking Coricidin, a cough and cold medicine, because it made him “feel good” and couldn’t sleep at night. He also told the dispatcher he was covered in dried blood and didn’t help his wife because he didn’t know if she was breathing.

“Oh my God,” he said. “Oh God. She didn’t deserve this. Why?” The couple was married in November, according to their social media pages.

Phelps, who worked at a landscaping company, studied missions and evangelism at the Clear Creek Baptist Bible College in Pineville, Ky., according to his Facebook page.

He was a studying to become a pastor while his wife was a Sunday school teacher, ABC News reported. Lauren often posted photos of her and her husband on Instagram and wrote about their relationship on social media.

On Valentine's Day, she wrote a tribute that read,[/b] "I'm so blessed to have you forever and always. God did good and knew exactly what he was doing. Our paths were perfectly planned for us to meet at the perfect time after learning the perfect lessons!"[b]

Phelps has been charged with murder and is being held in Wake County Jail without bail.

The link:........................................http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-claims-found-wife-dead-cough-medicine-article-1.3468465
Re: "I Stabbed My Wife To Death After Getting High On Cough Syrup"--bible Student!!! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
Blame it on devils.
Re: "I Stabbed My Wife To Death After Getting High On Cough Syrup"--bible Student!!! by wydmag(m): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
proper investigation needs to be conducted, just to be sure the guy is not a sleep walker or else he will still kill in jail.

1 Like

Re: "I Stabbed My Wife To Death After Getting High On Cough Syrup"--bible Student!!! by Nutase: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Science & Faith / 21 Principles For Success In Managing Or Running A Business / Coven Meeting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.